The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
Ohoh! Waffles! First I just got plain waffle... then I saw place where you got those with strawberries and cream.. oh yummy!
I remember being at Antwerpen railwaystation some time around 10am and hadn't eaten anything for several hours and the smell of waffles...

In some cafes waffleprices were insane. At least in one Cafe in Brussels, where I drank _the_best_cafe_latte_ever (it was worth of every penny...or cent)

OooO, waffles, I love them, and that one covered with strawberry and chocolate makes me want to eat one:D I was in Belgium last year and I ate waffles and french fries always, I don't know how they do those wonderful french fries, but they're fantastic fresh and hot and yummie:D
I think I gotta have something for lunch, I think too much about eating:p

haha, a way too much about food, lol. Belgian waffels - yummy! I ate then when I was last year in Belgium. I need to add another thing - in Belgium I drank the best Irish coffee (I think I still have a chance to find better one but who knows):devil:

All these people who've been to Belgium :wtf:
Don't get me wrong, I love my little screwed up country :)p), but it wouldn't be the first one on my list to visit. :lol:

Ohoh! Waffles! First I just got plain waffle... then I saw place where you got those with strawberries and cream.. oh yummy!
I remember being at Antwerpen railwaystation some time around 10am and hadn't eaten anything for several hours and the smell of waffles...
I don't know my way around Antwerp so much, but I do know there's an extremely good little place near Antwerpen Centraal where you can eat the best waffles eva. :p

I ate waffles and french fries always, I don't know how they do those wonderful french fries, but they're fantastic fresh and hot and yummie:D
Tell me about it. Now with the exam period, we go eat french fries about 4 times a week. And I don't get tired of them. (but you gotta find the right spot thoug. They're not equally as good everywhere, but here in Ghent, I've got my adresses :cool:)

haha, a way too much about food, lol. Belgian waffels - yummy! I ate then when I was last year in Belgium. I need to add another thing - in Belgium I drank the best Irish coffee (I think I still have a chance to find better one but who knows):devil:
Next coffee to taste: Hasselt coffee. It's with jenever and insanely good on a cold winter afternoon. Not too much though, or you'll be zigzagging homewards. :shifty: :lol:

Man, I've had waffles so many times, I mean, Belgium is like one/one and a half hour away from where I live! :lol: You just can't get tired of waffles..

Don't get me wrong, I love my little screwed up country :)p), but it wouldn't be the first one on my list to visit. :lol:

I think Belgium is very beautiful, at least far more than where I'm from, it's more organized and there are some many different people and an absolutely different lifestyle. I'd go back there any time:D

And I also would go to the US any time, but it's toooooo far from here :(

I don't know my way around Antwerp so much, but I do know there's an extremely good little place near Antwerpen Centraal where you can eat the best waffles eva. :p

I can tell my reason to visit. It was my studies (Politics) so we were in Brussels for 8 days and visited NATO and EU stuff. Too bad we just changed our trains in Antwerpen and didn't have time to look around. Then there was free days but I barely had money to buy food every day so I couldn't travel to other cities :(

I believe the oddest moment of the trip was the first evening when we just had to get food quickly and didn't even have map and started walking and ended up to Turkish area :lol: Oh man 7 very white and most of blonde girls... some reason people stared at us :p

Other memories are confusing McDonalds and rude waiter in Cheese Cake Cafe.

Ha I totally get what you're saying, but apparently visitors experience it differently. I had this friend coming over from Britain last year, and she's so into Belgium right now she's actually taking dutch courses:)

But I have to admit, we are VERY good at food. French fries of course, chocolate, beer (loads of different kinds of beer), waffles, but also pancakes (Pascalino in Antwerp, they're divine:drool:) or a big bowl of mussels when you're sitting by the seaside watching the sun go down... actually, Belgium is not that bad, thinking about it:lol:

Last edited:
Well, I'm in Canada. I actually went to New York last year and loved it. I want to live there one day.

Right now however, I'm wishing I lived in Miami. It's freezing today! Where I am, it's -39 degrees Celsius with the windshield. ICK.

Where I am, it's -39 degrees Celsius with the windshield. ICK.

Ok, that is a whole lot colder than I've ever experienced (or want to!!). I'm struggling with 13 degrees Celsius right now, though in my defence it is supposed to be a tropical climate.

As for the talk about Belgium, there is a nice Belgian bar in Madrid that sold Belgian beer, had Belgian flags etc, but what we couldn't understand was that the menu was written in Dutch. I just thought I'd share that memory for no apparent reason.......

Is there anyone on here from the Philippines? I'm heading there for the first time next week!

Well, I'm in Canada. I actually went to New York last year and loved it. I want to live there one day.

Right now however, I'm wishing I lived in Miami. It's freezing today! Where I am, it's -39 degrees Celsius with the windshield. ICK.

Meh, it's -24 here at the moment, on the Arctic Circle (or just 5km below it) without wind.. it was bit windy and I think I froze my nose.
My coldest experience has been -42c

As for Belgium... your food is fine, you seperated half and messed up political system sucks :p

Wow, I have never experienced such cold here in Hungary, it's now -10 Celsius and I can never dress up warm enough, it's freezing. But now I won't complain about the cold that much, knowing that it is much worse on the North with -20 and below. I have never really thought into such cold weather, but I'm happy that we don't have that freezing temperature here, though I know it just needs to be used to, nothing else :)

I barely had money to buy food every day so I couldn't travel to other cities :(
Next time you come here, you should ask for a Go Pass. It's a way to travel cheap with the train, especially when you're in a group. And I'll even be your free tourguide :guffaw:

big bowl of mussels when you're sitting by the seaside watching the sun go down...
Yes, with 3 sweaters and a fleece on :p
You from the coast?

Meh, it's -24 here at the moment, on the Arctic Circle (or just 5km below it) without wind.. it was bit windy and I think I froze my nose.
My coldest experience has been -42c
Lol, it was about minus 8 last week, and the whole country was in panic. Cancelled trains, busses, huuuuuuuuuge traffic jams, you name it. It was pretty funny to see so little frost mess up a whole country so bad. :D
As for Belgium... your food is fine, you seperated half and messed up political system sucks :p
We're not seperated :wtf: we just speak different languages :p
And err.. yeah, you're right about our political system :D
But hey, for now, we still have a government. For now :p

Lol, it was about minus 8 last week, and the whole country was in panic. Cancelled trains, busses, huuuuuuuuuge traffic jams, you name it. It was pretty funny to see so little frost mess up a whole country so bad. :D

Wow....That's funny :guffaw:Sadly our city buses aren't running right now. Stupid bus strike. It's been 35, 36 days now. It's stupid.

About Belgium...not much I can say. I like the waffles and the chocolate. My half-sister's part Belgian. That's it.

It got down to -52C with the wind chill here today :( And I still walked to the university and back. Sadly, we usually get a few days of this every year. This is why I don't like January :lol: -8 sounds like heaven right now.

Back