Ted Danson to join the Las Vegas crew *SPOILERS*

That reminds of Jeff Goldblum in Law&Order: CI (whose episodes I haven't watched yet). I guess that means they're still trying to get that "household name" for the 35+ crowd :rolleyes:

At least if this fails (very likely) it would be canceled and won't be shifted to cable (ala L&O: CI) with Danson's raggedy face being the last memento of the show :cool:

From Ken Tucker at EW.com:

I am cheered as well about the idea of Danson moving to CSI; it’s an excellent piece of casting. Depending on whether the CSI staff can get it together to give Danson the showcase he’s proven he can handle, I can totally imagine him interacting with the present CSI crew in a way that will feel far more connected and integral than the role Laurence Fishburne was handed during his run.
In fact, Danson’s casting makes me wish Marge Helgenberger had signed on for more than a reduced-episode run on the show this season; she and Danson would seem capable of playing off each other well, and if there’s one thing prime-time could use, it would be two strong middle-aged characters behaving believably in a procedural. (As opposed to the glut of comic or melodramatic acting by good actors in shows such as The Closer and Criminal Minds).

Well, obviously I'm old enough to know Ted Danson's work in the comedy movies and on TV. But he can play creepy too....check out "Something About Amelia".

I knew there was a movie where he was creepy and I couldn't remember the name! He was so good in that movie that I couldn't watch him for a while.

Back