Talk Law & Order Here

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
I noticed in a post on the LV board that some stated they liked law and order, so i thought i would make a post about the show here, so that those who like it can talk about it.
Also there was discussions about the "Revolving door" for the actors, so i thought i would go thru and and list the Actors that have left all three shows since they came on.

George Dzundza=Det.Sgt. Max Greevey (1990-1991)
Paul Sorvino=Det.Sgt. Phil Cerreta (1991-1992)
Jerry Orbach=Det. Lennie Briscoe (1992-2004)
Chris Noth=Det. Mike Logan (1990-1995)
Benjamin Bratt=Det. Rey Curtis (1995-1999)
Dann Florek=Capt. Don Cragen (1990-1993)
Michael Moriarty=Exe.Ada Ben Stone (1990-1994)
Richard Brooks=Ada. Paul Rubinette (1990-1993)
Jill Hennessy=Ada. Claire Kincaid (1993-1996)
Carey Lowell=Ada. Jamie Ross (1996-1998)
Angie Harmon=Ada. Abbie Carmichael (1998-2001)
Steven Hill=DA. Adam Schiff (1990-2000)
Dianne Wiest=DA. Nora Lewin (2000-2002)
Carolyn McCormick=Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (1991-1997, 1999)
=======
Special Victims Unit:
Stephanie March=Ada. Alex Cabot (2000-2003)
Michelle Hurd=Det. Monique Jefferies (1999-2001)
Dean Winters=Det. Brian Cassidy (1999-2000)
Chris Orbach=Det. Ken Brisco (1999-2000)
=======
Criminal Intent:
NONE

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

I have trouble making up my mind on the CSIs and Star Treks, and I am the same way with the L&Os. I like all three. Maybe not every episode, but the series in general. That's like going into an ice cream store with over 30 flavors and trying to pick a favorite. Each L&O is different, but has great actors and interesting stories. Can't wait for Law & Order: Trial by Jury to arrive in January.
Do you believe it has been 17 years since Jerry Orbach was in Dirty Dancing and The Law & Harry McGraw?

YAYYYY! Didn't care for her character.

Posted by ColonelWorf:
Elizabeth Rohm will be leaving Law & Order this season as well...

Yep they hadn't named her replacement yet, when this was written up about it..
Jesse L. Martin is finalized a multi-year, multi-million-dollar deal to stick with the series while Elisabeth Rohm is expected to end her run on the show after 13 episodes This season. Both moves come as heels of the recent departure of Jerry Orbach and the addition of Dennis Farina to the series' cast. As for Rohm, the actress reportedly wants to explore other career interests and opportunities but will stick with the show initially this season to help with the transition of Orbach to Farina's character.
Farina's Character whom i dislike,IMO he seems to cagy acts like he could care less about a case, and is condesending even to his boss, treats Ed his partner like an idiot and acts like he is all flash and lacking action.

I can honestly say i haven't ever disliked a character thats come on till him, now i watch it for the rest but try to ignore farina's character.

At least Rohm agreed not to leave till things settled down with the cast and fans, i think that was pretty good of her to agree to.

Also we get to see Jerry Orbach in Trial by jury along with
Carey Lowell (who played Ada. Jamie Ross 1996-1998).
From what i understand both Actors will be reprising their rolls on the show Trial by Jury, as Brisco and Ross.
Least their not trying to bring them in as someone else, it would have just been to creepy to think YAY theres lennie oh wait what'd they name him again? LOL.

Source: EOnline.Com
"Law" Gets Some New Law

The revolving door at Law & Order has swung again.

Annie Parisse, currently featured in the nation's number one movie, National Treasure, will be the new assistant district attorney when shooting begins on the NBC series' 14th episode next month.

Parisse, a 27-year-old brunette, takes over for Elisabeth Rohm, a 31-year-old blonde who earlier this year announced she would be leaving midway through Law & Order's current 15th season. Rohm's Assistant District Attorney Serena Southerlyn has been a show fixture since season 12.

On a show that has survived and prospered despite numerous cast turnovers Parisse will be the fifth female sidekick for Sam Waterston's prosecutor Jack McCoy. Previous job occupants were Jill Hennessy (1993-96), Carey Lowell (1996-98) and Angie Harmon (1998-2001). The show's first assistant D.A., Richard Brooks, served under original boss Michael Moriarty from 1990 to '93.

A spokesperson for Law & Order mastermind Dick Wolf confirmed the new casting but could not elaborate on the new character's name, personality or the potential chemistry of her working relationship with McCoy.

It's clearly a good week for Parisse. Overcoming bad reviews, the Nicolas Cage-starring National Treasure unearthed $35.2 million in its opening weekend to debut on top of the box office. Parisse plays the supporting role of Agent Dawes.

The Anchorage, Alaska, native's small-screen credits include a 2002 episode of Law & Order and episodes of Friends and Third Watch. She received a Daytime Emmy nomination for her 1998-2001 stint as good girl gone bad Julia Lindsey Snyder on As the World Turns.

Aside from National Treasure, her filmography includes a stint as Kate Hudson's friend in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and upcoming roles in Monster-in-Law opposite Jennifer Lopez and Prime opposite Uma Thurman.

Parisse is the second newcomer to the Law & Order cast this season. At the beginning of the year, Dennis Farina signed on as Detective Joe Montana, replacing long-time lead Jerry Orbach's Detective Lennie Briscoe, who's moving to the newest franchise entry, Law & Order: Trial by Jury.

Rohm, meanwhile, is trying to make the jump to the big screen. She recently filmed Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous with Sandra Bullock.

Posted by abc:
I LOVE law & Order: Criminal Intent...Vicent D'oNFRIO IS AT HIS BEST....

How can you even stand him? I hate all of his hand gestures that he dose, plus his voice so dam low, I can't even understand half what he is saying.

Now, SUV, there is a show.

BTW, did you caught, lattest epsiode "Doubt", their process scene was so fillimar to the process scenes in CSI. Also I have notice that their fillming style is getting much like CSI.

Posted by abc:
I LOVE law & Order: Criminal Intent...Vicent D'oNFRIO IS AT HIS BEST....

I like him to course i like all the cast on all 3 shows lol, Vincent should be back and the cast should be taping again i think its this week sometime coming up.
Orginially he passed out on the set of the show, then went into the hospital and they released him, but he was due back in this past tuesday but monday night he passed out again but at home and now after a battery of tests they have concluded that he is healthy, But suffering from Exhaustion, so the show had enough eps done that the cast all took a week or two break.

going in search of article on vincent

FOUND IT! :lol:

Consider this Law & Order: Criminal Intent case closed.
Series star Vincent D'Onofrio checked out of a New York hospital on Friday after being treated for exhaustion.
"He is resting at home and is expected to return to work on Law & Order: Criminal Intent this week," an NBC spokesperson said Monday.
The exhaustion diagnosis came after a battery of tests ruled out more serious ailments behind the actor's recent spate of fainting spells.
D'Onofrio, 45, first collapsed on Nov. 10 while rehearsing what a show rep called a "strenuous" stair-climbing scene.
He was hospitalized for two days and remained off the Law & Order: CI set for the rest of that week.
Then, late on Nov. 15, a day before he was set to return to work, D'Onofrio passed out at his New York home, prompting a second visit to the emergency room.
Doctors subjected the otherwise healthy actor to several tests, including an MRI, and didn't find any serious health problems. He was given the all-clear to go home on Friday.
In its fourth season, the Law & Order franchisee has been averaging a solid 12.4 million viewers opposite ABC's monster hit Desperate Housewives.
After a career-making role as a whacked-out soldier in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, D'Onofrio has racked up credits in The Cell and Men in Black. He has starred on Law & Order: CI since its 2001 debut.
Feel Better Soon Vincent!

Posted by Dynamo1:
^ At least the CSIs have better music than "doink doink".

Yeah, and every week their music is different from each other.

Fox Life
"Law & Order" actor Jerry Orbach has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, his manager said.
"We expect he'll be fine. He's been playing golf, shooting his episodes and doing real well," manager Robert Malcolm told the New York Daily News for Thursday editions.
Orbach starred for 12 seasons in the original "Law & Order" series, but left to head the spin-off "Law & Order: Trial by Jury," set to debut next year.
So far, Orbach's illness has not disrupted production of the new show in any way, producer Dick Wolf said.
"We expect him to make a full and swift recovery, and while he is receiving treatment, we will work around his schedule," Wolf told the News.
Orbach began playing Detective Lennie Briscoe in 1992, the original show's third season.
Born in the Bronx, he was in the original cast of the off-off-Broadway hit "The Fantasticks" and has appeared in such films as "Dirty Dancing," "Prince of the City" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Back