**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Lame excuse or not,there is always a first time to everything. Ryan should be pictured as a good guy for once,just because TPTB have never really pictured him that way,we always thought he was a pretty good guy that seemed to always be dealt a bad hand.Perhaps,for once he is going to be the good guy we want him to be.Perhaps for once ,someone will see fit to defend him,Natalia always seemed open minded.Maybe one of the newbies defend him or discover the setup,which seems very obvious to me at least. The writing has been somewhat different this season,so it is entirely possible Ryan can be seen as a good guy.
    I could see strength of character,to be constantly questioned,and doubted but still standing and still there,maybe that's what we are supposed to see this time.
    And solitaire is right,it will be forgotten the next episode,at least by the team.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Wow, new spoilers!
    The good(IMO):
    Calleigh survives 8.20(probably her health issues will be quickly forgotten)
    Jake is back(I love the actor, even though I'm a hiphugger.Hope there will be no problems with EC because of that, but I don't think so)
    Ryan will be in a centre of the episode - he is one of my fav, so I'm glad he will get a lot of screen time.
    Eric back in the lab :)
    Stetler will be back, I like the actor, though he always means trouble

The bad:
    Jake as a bad guy???
    If Eric is back to the lab then he cannot date Calleigh:confused: but maybe Super H will do something about it in yet another personal fight with Stetler
    Ryan a black sheep again(even though I have a feeling he will be hailed a hero in the very last episode of the series when he proves that someone set him up...who could it be?I don't think it's Tara.If you think EC is soap-opera like then what would you say about that possibility: Tara gets back and decides to get her revenge on Ryan and the whole lab:guffaw:)
    Walter in trouble?Could he be the one that will 'betray' Horatio's trust?
    No word about Jesse! I'm not a fan, but after so many episodes with him...no word all of a sudden.
    Yeah, I also have a feeling that I've seen a crime drama episode about missing diamonds, probably more than one. Nothing original.
    No Valera.Again.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

They are ALWAYS kicking Ryan around! It IS lame and unoriginal.

I do have to say that in the past, however, Horatio, Natalia and Alexx stepped up on a regular basis to support, defend and assist Ryan through his trials and tribulations. And I always thought they included Ryan as part of the team.

Horatio has always treated Ryan with respect (I find him calling Ryan "Mr. Wolfe" a term of endearment at this point) and tried to protect him. It was when Ryan spurned Horatio's attempt to help that he was fired (it was a mistake, but Ryan seems to be someone who knows what it's like to be on your own with no one to help you, so maybe it didn't know how to let Horatio help). But Horatio didn't walk away and hung in there with him until he was back on the job - and Ryan learned to accept Horatio's help (WISC). They also make a great team in the field and Horatio has proven that he trusts Ryan like no one else on the team (Going Ballistic and Resurrection).

The few scenes that Ryan and Natalia had in the field I always enjoyed. Maybe it was because she was new and had no baggage from the past, but she worked well with Ryan and always treated him as she did eveyone else. I still smile when I think of her sitting across from Ryan and helping him go through all the files that Stetler dumped on him to go through and justify before he could be reinstated.

But because Natalia seems to be, and Alexx was, always more or less stuck in the lab, it unfortunately fell to Eric and Calleigh, as dominate "field" personnel, to make Ryan feel welcome as a team member.

Eric hasn't seemed to be able to let go of his feelings that almost appear he places Ryan somehow at fault for Speed and Calleigh, who started out as Ryan's friend and mentor, has turned into someone who is intolerant, judgmental and doesn't take the time to get the facts before drawing the wrong conclusion. Curious traits for someone who is supposed to reserve judgment until all the facts are in - for both Eric and Calleigh.

I DON'T want to see Ryan go. He has such growth potential and Togo is such a talented actor. It would be a horrible loss. I would much rather see someone whose story potential is boring go. And that for me is Calleigh.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, with Eric investigating and Ryan being set up (because it's an obvious set up the clues are all there that it is a set up), maybe the reason for all of this at this time (hopefully) is that Eric will FINALLY stand up for Ryan. I've always liked the idea of the two of them as friends and the moments where they teased each other playfully (the leather pants thing) were beyond cute. And the time the two of them worked together to pull that prank on Tara and did it with all smiles was just adorable. I want more moments like that. So hopefully Eric will be on Ryan's side this time.

At first glance of the spoilers I was beyond pissed cause it was like just another "Ryan is in trouble again" storyline... but upon re-reading the spoilers I've realized that Ryan isn't the only one who looks guilty of something. Walter also looks suspicious as does Jake. And there's no telling who else will. It's possible that someone is working to make H's entire team look guilty of something. I still say its possible that Saris is involved. :lol: Maybe he and Bruce are working together. :lol: I think Sully might be involved in some way as well.

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Just a reminder, tonight's episode is a repeat of "Dude, Where's My Groom.
    I am actually going to watch this one again.
    Totally missed the 1st half when it aired the first go round.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It is an obvious set up for poor Ryran and as bad as things may look,I don't think we need to throw Ryan under the bus just yet.At some point someone will discover the setup.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I just hope he's cleared by the end of that episode & it doesn't drag into the finale. Maybe he surprises us with something shocking at the very end (like that he's UC maybe) & then it continues on in the finale, but I don't want him getting 'let go/suspended/fired' & then back again like they've done already in the past. :evil:
    Hoping for some creativity here!

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There sounds as if there still a lot of things to cover such as Jesse as well as Horatio and Kyle.Hopefully Ryan's problems will be handled swiftly.I also think there's a possibility there is UC activity for Ryan as well as Jake.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You know, I am not in a very good mood today and this spoiler hasn't helped.

Gee Ryan in trouble again. How new! How original! How fresh! Better get those Emmy speechs prepared writers.:rolleyes::brickwall::censored:

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Is Jon/Ryan only kept around to dump a negative story arc on?!:brickwall:

Call me and I will help:scream::scream:

I know what you are trying to say,but I would almost rather see Ryan in the background than have to endure another episode of "Ryan-in-trouble,-can his-coworkers-trust-him" story arc.

I think that is the only thing keeping me from :brickwall: in frustration. After thinking about it, the whole planted diamonds on Ryan is so stupid and contrived. Ryan is smart enough and his OCD would compell him to plan, if he was dishonest enough (which I don't believe he is) to plot this out to the smallest detail. He wouldn't be stupid enough to 1. have the GPS system lead back to his apartment and 2. keep the stolen diamonds in not only in his place but in his BEDROOM to boot. Plus, someone mentioned that if he say the police in his place, and he WAS guilty, he would haul butt in the opposite direction not come in and ask what they were doing there. Ryan Wolfe, for all his flaws, is an honest, sincere caring guy and a good cop/csi and I for one am tired of him being protrayed as something other than that:scream:

One thing does kind of concern me. Remember Kill Klause: Ryan was moonlighting at the benefit to make extra cash. Will this come into play? Either way I hope this is wrapped up in 8-23; I don't want to spend another summer worried if Ryan is good or bad and if Jon Togo be back:(

10. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I think I'm the only one who wasn't angry about the Ryan-setup. His past addiction problems still have far reaching repercussions and whoever is setting him up is taking advantage of that. But by this time the team really does know where Ryan stands and I'm pretty confidant they'll stick up for him.

And speaking of which, I'm curious to see how Stetler handles the investigation. Being Internal Affairs, he has to be there, but he knows that Ryan took it upon himself to launch a legitimate investigation into Tara and the morgue. Everything Ryan did was professional, by the book, and the right way to handle the situation, and I hope Stetler remembers that and thinks twice about the accusations being flung at him. On the bright side we'll probably get another chance to see H and Stets in the same scene again!

Rebecca Nevins...now I'm wondering how H will handle the fact of her being killed. Yea they didn't date for very long and H is the one who ended it, but he did open up to her in a time of need. I actually liked his relationship with her a lot better than Marisol's. And I always thought she still looked a little awkward whenever she talked to him. A shame really. Maybe Horatio really is cursed. :confused:

11. GregNickRyanFan

I still think he was undercover in that episode for some reason. Can't figure out what it is, but it may connect to Jake and an investigation that Jake is heading up. :)

I hope you're right about the team sticking up for him.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Boy I'm so sad because of it. I really liked her during her relationship with H at the time....I preferred her much more than Marisol.
    Also I lost my bet that she was the only one who survived H's curse :lol::p Just kidding :p

13. GregNickRyanFan

Technically Julia survived the curse too. :)

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am hoping that is all there is to that and Ryan isn't gambling again. I really wouldn't put past these writers to bring up his gambling and make it an issue again.:scream:

I hope so as well; I am tired of Ryan being looked at as if no one could trust him. Besides if the set up is contrived as it looks, it wouldn't take too much to clear him.

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually, I think Horatio showed he trusted Ryan more than anyone on the team by asking him to help with faking his death in Going Ballistic and Resurrection.

I also think that Natalia and Alexx have/had little to no trust issues with Ryan.

Calleigh and Eric seem to be the only ones who have trust issues with Ryan -- well ... possibly Rick, but he doesn't trust anyone! :lol:

I am getting REALLY tired of Ryan getting dumped on all the time. Others on the team have done things just as questionable as Ryan, in some cases much worse, and Ryan is the only one who gets held to the fire for his actions. The others get a free pass every time.

It's getting very, very old and very predictable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.