Sig.Bann.Chall.Thread #3 - Ch. #38 - Too Sexy For My... ~ Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sig.Bann.Chall.Thread #3 - Ch#26 - Eyes - Now Open!

^We could try alternating it between challenges. And I personally prefer given stills because, like some of you have posted, it's more challenging, and I think that should be the way.

As an artist, you'd be hard pressed to put more into your work and make it stand out above the others. The harder the cap, the better. That's my opinion anyway. :)

Alright guys, let's keep in mind one simple rule: When it stops being fun, it stops all together.

As wolfesgamergirl is running this challenge, it's up to her if she wants to provide caps or not. Yes, opinions are always welcome, but ultimately, it's up to the person running the challenge.
Perhaps she can work with someone else who can find the caps for her if she wants, but for now, let's focus on this challenge, and see how things are going afterwards.

Alright guys, let's keep in mind one simple rule: When it stops being fun, it stops all together.

As wolfesgamergirl is running this challenge, it's up to her if she wants to provide caps or not. Yes, opinions are always welcome, but ultimately, it's up to the person running the challenge.
Perhaps she can work with someone else who can find the caps for her if she wants, but for now, let's focus on this challenge, and see how things are going afterwards.

I absolutely second this.
The majority preferred provided caps what means you have to take what the challenge runner kindly sought out. This also takes up a lot of time and is more work for Sara, but she agreed to provide them anyway.
So back on topic now and take it as it is: a challenge for all of you talented artists in here ;)
And huge thanks to Sara for running this challenge, she stepped in some time ago and that's why this Banners Challenge is still possible :)

Ehrm.. just for the record... I said I won't enter due to time constraints and because of that I also don't have the time to work those challenging caps.

Sara specifically asked for feedback in her original post and I don't see why I am now the one being bashed just because I stated out that this round's caps weren't as good as usual. I know it's a challenge and usually - for those who know me - I am not afraid of taking any of them with or without caps - but if pointing out a little critisism on caps makes ppl go off like that leaves me here wondering and really questioning if I should ever give feedback at all. I am sorry, but I think we all should be open to suggestions and feedback especially when asked for it before.

So, Sara, no offense, you know I heart you, but taking my little comment which was nicely and not offensive worded in any way and turn it into "then go find caps yourself" seems a bit over the top to me. I did say this is the first time I felt that way and you specifically asked for comments on it.

If this isn't appreciated then I should rather completely shut up - or to play the game on the same level - just pull the plug on my being around here. Should that really be my consequence? We're not in Kindergarten anymore. Let's be a bit more open minded.
And no, I don't wanna raise another discussion here, I just think that posts about my little feedback went a bit out of perspective, leaving me as a bitch and I at least wanted to step in saying that I am not happy with it. I won't comment any further and I rather appreciate ppl doing so as well.

I asked for comments on the challenge, not the caps. They were provided because that is what was asked for, I'm not going to ask people if they like a certian cap or not, there just isn't time to tweek things like that.

Like I explained before they were thrown together, not the orginal intended, because they were lost due to a technologcial error. Which is probably why they aren't the greatest, but what can you do when there is a panic and caps are needed.

I never said 'go find caps themselves', I said 'everyone for themselves', completely different; also it was again a general statement.

I find it very hurtful and insulting that people feel the need to say things about the caps, and no Dee it's not just you, people have said it in PMs when sending in their entries.

How can it be a challenge if the caps are easy every time?

It's a bit hard not to get upset when other feel the need to put down anothers hard work. Work they are doing because they are a nice person and trying to appeal to what the mass spectrum wants for their challenges.

This isn't a paid position running a challenge, I do this of my own volunteering and free will, therefore I use my spare time to find caps when I can.

And really not being done in a snippy way at all, it's not very fair to someone who works hard to try and please a large mass of people with as many choices as possible and then be told that they aren't to someone else's liking.

I apologized twice already today and I'm sorry if it came off the way it did, but what you said, Dee, hurt. I have enough problems finding a cap I like to begin with, believe me I am very picky, plus they have to have a level of difficulty to them. It's very hard to balance both sometimes.

Last edited:

Okay, one last thing, Sara I'm sorry if me saying the caps were a little difficult to work hurt your feelings - I don't want to be on bad terms with anyone before I leave....

I understand running the challenge is something you do in your own time, as a volunteer...

Again I apologise if I hurt your feelings!

I'll be back for voting,

Sara, you're doing a marvelous job handling these challenges, and I'm sure it was hard work to track them stills down and it's aggravating when people don't appreciate. But I'm sure none of the comments were meant to be hurtful or insulting. :)

So let's just forgive and enjoy the challenge shall we? :D

Good morning! ;)

Dee, nobody thinks that you're a bitch now, your comment was indeed respectful and in no way offensive, you have the right to voice criticism and please don't stop to comment where comments are wanted.

Sara, I can understand that you're feeling hurt in some way, all the work you put in the challenges, providing those caps, investing your free time - please don't think that it isn't highly appreciated. But as you said you can't please everyone's wishes, never, and if there are too many complaints about your choice of caps - let them find some by their own, that's it. It can be hard to deal with criticism, but that's s/th every challenge runner has to deal with.
Further more I have to say your request for comments could be easily misunderstood, so don't blame BonaTaylor for bringing up the screencaps. ;) She just brought up her reasons why she won't enter and explained it once again in her last post.
On the other side you also explained why you put up the latest screencaps, and I guess everyone here understands how evil computers can be and that there's no reason to apologize.

So after re-reading all comments etc. I got following infos:
  • Dee found the screencaps very challenging this time (for the first time!) and because of time issues she won't be able to pick up this challenge - alright
  • Some others agreed re the caps but stated at the same time that it's the meaning of a challenge - but NOBODY said that they don't wanna have provided caps anymore
  • Sara explained that the original caps she wanted to post got lost because her laptop dies (God, I know this by heart) but somehow got the impression that everyone dislikes it now working with provided caps
  • The discussion got out of control - without a real reason
So in my eyes there isn't a real problem. Everyone still wants provided caps, everyone accepted Sara's latest caps as a challenge now, everyone apologized for possible but not intended frailties - and I think it'd be the best to get back on topic and enjoy the challenge.
Further personal problems should be solved via pm please.
*hands out peace offer muffins and milk for everyone*
f035.gif
:D

Alrighty it's mid-week somewhere :lol: and this is the mid-week reminder.

Entries are due this Sunday April 6th at 6 pm CST (GMT -6).

Standings thus far:

Beginners: 12
Intermediate: 3
Advanced: 9

I definetly will welcome more entires in any category, but highly encourage Intermediate and Advanced entires. :bolian:

Any questions about the challenge please send a PM or leave a note here.

And if there is anyone who would like to enter and has an issue with sending PMs, please let me know and we will work something out. :)

Ooh, I have mine done, but I keep forgetting to send them in. As soon as I get home from work tonight, I promise :lol:

I will try to do some Sara. I hope RL cooperates with me.

I wanted to send my entry in, but I cant seem to pm... :(

Hey MelC, you can send the entry to me via the email address on my profile. :) Or if IM works I only have access to Yahoo at the moment.

Please advise as to which you will be using so I can respond that it was recived. Thanks! :)

i'm using Yahoo! IM...
edit: I sent my entry to your hotmail since you're off. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back