Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Of course Danny and Lindsay are "fine." Nothing says "compelling storyline" for a procedural drama like a happy couple. :rolleyes:

D/L needs to end, but, on the plus side, at least they're not having marital issues :p

I know I shouldn't really post this here, but, once couldn't hurt, I whipped this together, its a CSI:NY video, set to "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues, I also have a Miami one I put up today, too. I tried my best to give Jo and Stella equal screentime :D enjoy xx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmMQ_lApQ7I

D/L needs to end, but, on the plus side, at least they're not having marital issues :p

If they were having problems maybe Danny wouldn't be the second most boring character on the show any longer.

I thought you guys don't like DL drama. Now you are asking for it? :confused: I don't like any DL drama too for Lucy. For me happy family is always fun to watch. The show might he ending I don't think DL drama is a priority.

I thought you guys don't like DL drama. Now you are asking for it? :confused: I don't like any DL drama too for Lucy. For me happy family is always fun to watch. The show might he ending I don't think DL drama is a priority.

I don't like DL PERIOD. If there was a chance they could break up and Danny would be interesting once again I'd endure any drama they'd throw out there.

From the first two episode spoilers it seems like shoehorning in DL scenes is going to be a priority and I'd rather not watch them try to "deal with" not being around each other 24/7/365. :rolleyes:

I've been trying to get in here for weeks.

I bow down to the King and Queen of Awesome Eyebrows. :D
:lol: Permanent TCSI lexicon.

(if only I had the time to make a banner)

8.01 - "Indelible"

Back in a few...

eta: Here's what we know so far...

~ The episode features scenes that brings viewers to Mac's past. Mac meets up with a fire chief who also lost someone on 9/11. It appears Mac now works at a lab that tests DNA from 9/11. If you remember the ending of "Blink" this episode kind of goes there at the end.
Sounds ambitious, sounds interesting, sounds good.

Sounds like a sabbatical device enabling a 9/11 memorium episode earliest that then enables the rest of the season to unfold in a more typical fashion.

If it actually reaches Blink territory for various layers of quality, I'll be very pleased. Go for it NY, is all I can say. Better than not reaching atall.

~ Jo now has Mac's office.
:lol: Awesome. I hope she leaves it a right mess for him. And yeah, I assume he'll be back, and in charge, sooner rather than later.

(I can also only imagine the mess in a few other places where those seeking any avenue leading to Jo's departure might have suffered a few unexpected conniptions :p)

~ ....but at the end of the investigation Jo, Danny, Lindsay (who shares a kiss with Danny), and Adam are the only ones working together.
Right. So glad that Danny's promotion has evidently really changed the status quo, for him, DL, and the team... :lol:

:censored: :lol:

Oh, DL. How can I possibly miss you if ya won't go away?? :p

Here's a little bit more info....

~ Claire is in the episode, shown in flashbacks.
Bold. I like. Casting will be key.

Sounds like the whole ep will give GS a lot of material different from the norm to work with too. I like that as well.

~ Hannah is a potentially recurring character. She's a forensics technician who is book brilliant but a bit lacking in social skills.
Well, that's not vaguely reminiscent of previous efforts atall now is it :lol:

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Do you have anything on CSI: NY? —Janie
Ausiello:
The season premiere will mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy, which means it’s going to be an emotional episode for Mac who, as you know, lost his wife in the attacks. It doesn’t help matters that the new forensics tech Hannah — who’s book-smart but socially inept — starts hounding him with questions about his missus’ passing.

I predict this Hannah chick won't be overly popular. :shifty:
You're probably right :lol:

Still, I do think (okay, well, hope then :lol:) that there's potential for her to fare better as a character than the likes of Haylen Becall, given how she'll be used predominantly to peel back/prompt Mac revelations.

(I think the idea of an ambitious clean up tech/forensic tech/FBI hire in Haylen was interesting, but somehow didn't translate with full success onscreen. I got the impression they weren't sure what to do with her once she achieved her agenda of being in the labs. Still, I'll forever remember her fondly if only for the classic phrase "curvature of lettuce" :p).

As with Haylen, I get the feeling that the early ep(s) will again determine how long Hannah sticks around and whether or not she becomes recurring thru the whole season. I'm tempted to start a betting pool now.

(And what's with the "H" names? :lol: Talk about what might suspiciously be viewed as a revisitation with a few mild if specifically focused tweaks :p).

Should (when) Mac return(s) to the NYPD, it could be useful to have a character to tap outside the labs/in the private sector (assuming she's not also an NYPD transplant). If they do keep her around, her establishing premise will also have created a unique history between her and Mac that could be useful and interesting; I guess I'm also wondering whether or not he's been interacting with her for the whole four months, and they do have some sort of rapport that will color their dynamic, or whether she's a newer wrench tossed in. I shrug.

I wouldn't worry about a rivalry betwixt techs, not even for screentime, not yet. Perhaps Hannah and Adam encounter one another at some point and partake of flirtation as opposed to competition, which has been done not only with Haylen but Kendall as well; mebbe a fun side arc has her pursuing him, and for once he's the more suave party on screen :p. Who knows :lol:. (And hey, Sheldon's apparently taken, Camille an' all, so mebbe here's a chance for Adam to go for someone else, or at least make Hawkes jealous :p :lol:)

It remains to be seen if her approach is gratingly aggressive or whether there resides any charm in her lack of social graces, that might shape how she's welcomed (or not) by viewers.

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Do you have anything on CSI: NY? —Janie
Ausiello:
BTW, word on the street is several pivotal scenes will be shot on location in New York.
Thank gad fer that. Very glad to hear it. A good way to spend part of their budget, and I don't see how a New York - 9/11 ep would really be successful otherwise.

Ooh, another tidbit about the premiere: Mac isn't the only one who will have flashbacks. Sid also thinks back to 9/11.

(It would be interesting if we got to see what all of the NY-based people were doing that day [and Jo too, honestly, since she was presumably in DC]. There's nothing to indicate that they'll all get flashbacks, but I can cross my fingers. Mac and Sid will be very interesting, in any case.)
Yay, Sid!:D So glad to hear he'll be back and also given something more to do! Under utilized, is he.

And agree, it would indeed also be nice for everyone in the ep to get material related to their experiences on 9/11, where ever they were, Jo included, notwithstanding that there is an expected focus on Mac's personal story.

"In the present, Mac goes to work at Piper Laboratories, a private DNA lab. He left the New York Crime Lab four months ago..."

:censored:

Do not like! Do not like AT ALL!!!!!
:p Awww, hey - c'mon, remember now, even "10%" can work miracles... :p:lol:

Going by the math of one of NY's other "bold" but uncapitalized efforts, 10% of 18 eps makes for a return by Mac before the second ep concludes :p. I expect him back forthwith ;).

I like the bold strokes NY has applied, but I doubt it's in service of any lasting alteration to the team. I also appreciate that Mac's state of mind from the S7 finale apparently had an impact on him, but it sounds like it's fortuitous opportunism in carrying it forward, given that the main impetus with all this feels a 9/11 ep. If he changes a bit as a character as a result of all this, while resuming his former functions, I'll be happy enough.

I'm not convinced things will substantially change for what's been teased, that's precisely what a procedural formula lets a show dabble with, without committment or consequences :lol:. Guess we'll find out how they go about putting the apparently scattered pieces back together again.

I also think NY had to be a bit bold, there are bold strokes on other established prime time shows (Jane apparently shooting Red John, Prentiss ain't dead, Doktor Ray is out, SVU has more than a few things going on, etc, I can't keep track of it all :lol:), not to mention a coupla flashy new ones just waiting to grab an audience, yada.

And ya gotta know that the hooha that results from NY deliberately teasing such things generates chatter, something they no doubt looooooove, which is why they do it, inspite of/because it also inevitably upsets someone for some reason or other, every time that they do, round it goes, there's a reason it's called spin... :p;)

It would certainly be interesting both to see how Mac would deal with Jo being the boss if he is returning to the lab but not as boss himself
I think that regardless, it will be fun to see the different styles of leadership that will have been running the labs, and that no matter who is functioning in what capacity, the dynamic between Mac and Jo, and between them and the whole team, will be better for it; also that the four months alluded to could really provide lots of opportunities to play to.

Kudos for a S7 finale that let them start where ever they wanted to, kudos for a premiere touching on 9/11, kudos for an alleged four month history interim that has seen several characters stepping up in different directions. On paper, so to speak, it all sounds very promising.

He's (Danny) *way* more interesting when he's out on the street on in the interrogation room with Mac/Flack/Jo than when he's buddied up with Mommy Lindsay in the lab doing Forensic-y Type Things....

What I'd really love to see is for Danny to have to face a situation where a younger cop does something Danny-like and for once *Danny* has to be the one to give out discipline and clean up the mess. It would be even better if Mac comes back as boss of the lab, and Danny goes to him for advice, I think Mac would be quite amused to see the shoe be on the other foot for Danny in that kind of situation.
Agree.

Agree. Did I say that already?

I really like your suggestion about a scenario that would see Danny having to deal with such as he used to instigate. I really hope that being a Sergeant actually gives him a change in material and not just rank.

Is it true that Season 8 will only have 18 episodes?

That's what A.J. said. :)
Hm. Well, here's hoping the order is added to.

(Might partly depend on schedules, and how other new shows do?)

8.02 "Keep It Real" - I'll be back with more info

ETA: OK, here we go:
8.02 "Keep It Real":

Now for some non-case related things of interest!

~ Mac is back in the lab! That didn't take long. :lol:​
...ta-daaaaa :lol:

Lemme guess, NY chronology will also suddenly have the realm in October, and a halloween ep will feature by week 3.

~ Danny and Lindsay have at least one personal scene, and we see how they're adjusting to Danny's promotion.
...yes, so very happy that the promotion is a true Danny storyline and not just a DL device, that it will have obligated altering their carpooling arrangements, that it will mean less time for default type DL crime scene and lab processing cuteness, that each will work with others more, that as a result of new professional roles and responsibilities they'll no longer be joined at the hip... owait - dammit? :p

("at least one?" :shifty::lol:)

So, uh, to be clear, what I can look forward to subverting what otherwise retains some promise of interest, is: ep 1, DL. Ep 2, more DL.

...le sigh :p

~ Jo's son Tyler is back! I don't see much, but I know he and his mom discuss his new roommate.[/INDENT]
Well, glad to see Jo will likely get some personal aspects to play, and if this is just setting up some case-related return by way of a trouble room mate down the road, so much the better.

No! :( That's horrible! I was hoping the 9/11 story would run for a few episodes, at least. Mainly because I wanted to see Jo in the boss' chair for an extended amount of time. I don't like it when CSIs get promoted, then demoted again for no reason (like when Catherine got made "Supervisor" during Season 5 and had her own team, then as soon as Grissom said he wanted her back on his, she was demoted and transferred back), I wonder what this means for Detective Danville?
Gotta say, I'm not disappointed. If the premiere is as moving as I hope for and what has been alluded to, that bodes well for the general approach to the season too.

While I do expect a bit of resolution for Mac, I also think it's possible for NY to write him as having been changed a bit by four months away. I also gather that Jo will have been the boss for four months, not an insubstantial amount of time, and that's something that will inevitably affect the whole team. Even if that wraps onscreen to start the season, that it happened can also be referred to, as can Mac's absence. I don't know what NY have schemed, but therein does lie the possibility of changes for each character, which can only help in continuing the new energy that S7 had.

It's early days yet, you'll hafta forgive my optimism :p

-

Thanks for all the pics and spoilers yas all :)

I'm *really* glad Mac will be back! :):):)

I'm hoping Danny's promotion to Sgt will lead to some new and better material for him. I'd like to see some teasing from Mac, Jo, and especially Flack for Sgt. Messer. I also hope this promotion, and the probable time away from Lindsay that will come with it will result in Danny retrieving his balls from wherever Lindsay has been keeping them, and we will see more of Danny as an individual character in his own right than Danny as Lindsay's Baby Daddy. Perhaps his promotion will give Lindsay a chance to develop as a character and have more interaction with the other characters, as she won't be working with Danny all the time in the lab. I'll be interested to see the personal issues Danny's promotion will bring up for them as well.

No! :( That's horrible! I was hoping the 9/11 story would run for a few episodes, at least. Mainly because I wanted to see Jo in the boss' chair for an extended amount of time. I don't like it when CSIs get promoted, then demoted again for no reason (like when Catherine got made "Supervisor" during Season 5 and had her own team, then as soon as Grissom said he wanted her back on his, she was demoted and transferred back), I wonder what this means for Detective Danville?

Catherine was not demoted. Her and Grissom shared the responsibility of supervisor.

I don't know yet what to think of the new lab tech, Hannah. Any word on casting for the part?

And is it my imagination or is the girl who played Haylen now on "Falling Skies"? It kind of looks like the same girl... but I'm not sure. I wanna say her name is Sarah Carter (the girl on Falling Skies I mean). Was that Haylen's name? I forget LOL.

Edited because I had the last name wrong. I combined Carter with Chalke (cause there's a Sara Chalke - from Scrubs lol) for some reason. :lol: Not enough sleep I guess.

Last edited:

Yeah, Sarah Carter is now on Falling Skies. :)

I kept thinking she looked familiar when I was watching Falling Skies and knew the name sounded familiar, but it just hit me today that it was Haylen lol.

From CBSTweet:

Look who popped in unexpectedly to visit @garysinise during #CSINY shoot today! #ChevyChase hopped aboard to say hello!

garychevy.jpg

From CBSTweet:

Look who popped in unexpectedly to visit @garysinise during #CSINY shoot today! #ChevyChase hopped aboard to say hello!

garychevy.jpg
aw, great pic :lol:

Wonder what Chase is up to these days, other than Community?

A hmm: noted what looks like an id card/pass type thingy clipped to Gary's costume; wonder what that's about...? :p

(if that's an NYPD pass, mebbe Mac back in the labs doesn't mean Mac back in the labs officially just yet but consulting from teh outside? Just musing abstractly :p, and kinda stirring teh pot I suppose :lol:.

If it's the premiere being filmed there, I would suggest that perhaps it could be Mac's Piper Labs ID instead, mebbe he's commuting, with a newspaper ;).

Or, mebbe Mac's undercover as a busdriver or tour guide?? :lol:

Sry. Rather bored & silly in a hurry up an' wait moment).

Anyhoo. Nice pic, thx for posting that here :).

I just wish more pro-D/L viewers would post over here, so the attitudes are more balanced. I say it doesn't need to end, shouldn't we take that stuff to the shipper area?

I really think there's no way they can't have D/L scenes with the sergeant storyline...but to me, it isn't a big problem as long as they don't make the ship center stage the whole ep AND give the characters some time to develop on their own. Ship doesn't have to equal "spend every single scene together."

I just wish more pro-D/L viewers would post over here, so the attitudes are more balanced.

I don't see why anything here HAS to be "balanced." It's a message board for opinions. If people don't want to post you can't make them. I don't get the mentality that for every one person posting that they don't like DL there HAS to be one person posting they love DL. It makes no sense.

I say it doesn't need to end, shouldn't we take that stuff to the shipper area?

DL scenes are in the spoilers so why shouldn't it be talked about here? If the mods disagree, then obviously that's another story. I really don't get why some DL fans feel the need to try and get rid of opinions because they don't agree with them. No one is telling you to stick to the DL thread with your comments just because they disagree with you.

I really think there's no way they can't have D/L scenes with the sergeant storyline...but to me, it isn't a big problem as long as they don't make the ship center stage the whole ep AND give the characters some time to develop on their own. Ship doesn't have to equal "spend every single scene together."

From my perspective they've practically been conjoined twins since they got married. Now they have to show scenes where they must "deal with" the fact that they are not spending every single moment with each other? The only people who worry about not spending every moment together are love struck teenagers with no grasp of reality. The only time these two are apart is if they are working different scenes, which rarely happens any more. Now it appears Danny may not be working in the lab any longer and if the first two episode spoilers are any indication they will now be working every damn case together so they can shoehorn in some DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back