Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Sinise knows tonight (Friday, May 11) could end a long chapter of his career, but he's hoping for a different outcome.

The CBS drama "CSI: NY" wraps its eighth season without a guarantee it'll be back this fall ... and with Sinise's crime-lab-leading Detective Mac Taylor seriously wounded, just as he's found personal happiness again with new girlfriend Christine (Megan Dodds).

"You'll have to tune in to see what happens," the stage and screen actor teases Zap2it while adding, "I'd like to do another season if they want us to. We all enjoy doing the show, and I think the writers still have a lot of good stories left in them."

The decision will be known next week, when CBS stages its 2012-13 upfront presentation for advertisers. "It's a great finale," Sinise promises, "very emotional and very different from some of our other episodes. In the last days of shooting, you didn't really want to act as if it was the end. You didn't want to say goodbye and have a big thing, because everybody would like to see the show come back.

"We had to play it a little close to the vest, but everybody knew it could be the final moment. There was a night of shooting where the entire cast was together on the set, and that's very unusual. We're usually working separately. It was almost like the closing night of a play, but nobody really wanted to acknowledge it might be the end."

"CSI: NY" won't be Sinise's only CBS appearance this weekend. As he continues to recuperate from a recent Washington, D.C., accident in which he was a passenger in a car hit from behind -- "I was knocked out, and I don't remember the actual impact" -- he'll be profiled Sunday (May 13) on "60 Minutes" by correspondent David Martin for his continual support of America's military, particularly via his frequent concerts with his Lt. Dan Band named for his "Forrest Gump" movie character.

"I haven't seen the segment," Sinise reports, "but they have been spending time with me over the last several months, starting last December, just documenting some of the concerts and visits and things I've been doing. I've also been working with the Building for America's Bravest program, through our Gary Sinise Foundation, to build homes for very severely wounded warriors. All of these are things they've been paying attention to."

Sinise also will return to Washington to join longtime friend Joe Mantegna ("Criminal Minds") in co-hosting PBS' broadcast of the National Memorial Day Concert for the seventh time Sunday, May 27. "Being there in front of the U.S. Capitol," Sinise reflects, "with 250,000 people sitting on the lawn watching this very patriotic and moving event, it's just a very special place to be."
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz

source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...gary-sinise-realizes-it-might-be-the-end.html

Many thanks Perl. I can't wait for the finale. I hope we received Season 9. I cross the fingers.

Daniellegirli Please give me anything on what we will see Lucy Messer doing on the CSI:NY season finale? I'm impatient!

The wait is almost over, but we do have some scoop for you. Showrunner Zach Reiter assures us that Danny-Lindsay fans will get an indication of where the crime fighting duo are headed personally and professionally in the season finale. That's got to include Lucy, right? Excited yet?

source : http://fr.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...daily_gossip_girl_finale/315421#ixzz1uaDUibZf

CSI: NY's Gary Sinise: Mac Has Found Something Very Positive In His Life
May 11, 2012 02:45 PM ET
by Adam Bryant

Gary Sinise
For Gary Sinise, Friday's CSI: NY finale may feel a bit like art imitating life.

In April, Sinise was involved in a car accident in Washington, D.C. Although Sinise was just a passenger, he sustained several injuries when his car was hit from behind."I had a pretty severe concussion — [some] badly torn up muscles in my neck," Sinise tells TVGuide.com. "I don't remember the accident. I woke up in the ER. Although I'm told I was speaking, I didn't know where I was. We apparently drove for 10 minutes, but all I remember is getting into the car and pulling away from the curb."

Save These Shows: 14 Bubble shows we hope we'll survive

Sinise, who is still working with doctors and physical therapists, says the outpouring of support after his accident was overwhelming. "I got some of the most beautiful emails and phone calls," he says. "When a friend goes through something like that, it makes you think. It made me think about our season finale and what it's about."

That's because in CSI: NY's season (series?) finale, Sinise's character, Mac Taylor, is shot, and while his life hangs in the balance, each of his co-workers reflect on their time with Mac. "Sometimes when somebody [dies] you wish you'd be able to say certain things when you had the chance," Sinise says. "That's a lot what this episode is about: characters saying things to each other ... and expressing themselves in a way we haven't really seen."

"It's about all of their relationships and closeness with Mac as a father figure, as a friend, as a boss," adds executive producer Pam Veasey, who, for the second year in a row, had to craft an episode that could serve as a series finale if CBS doesn't renew the show. "We attempted to create a finale the audience would be satisfied with if we should be canceled," Veasey says. "We give moments to every one of our core actors. They get to speak to who their character was these past eight years."

Another Sneak Peek on follow link

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Finale-Gary-Sinise-1047372.aspx

Last edited:
I love the clip. Oh Flack. :lol: :adore:

ETA: Here's another article from E!. It has the obligitory pointless DL question, but it also has another clip of the show. If articles keep getting posted I think we'll be able to watch the whole episode via clips. Weird.

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/csi_new_york_boss_teases_near-death/315425

I loved the clip and I have to say I'd be intrigued to see the "a day off" episodes with everyone except for DL. I could care less about watching them do laundry and hang out with the spawn.

Last edited:
E!'s DL obsession continues with their daily spoiler chat:

Daniellegirli Please give me anything on what we will see Lucy Messer doing on the CSI:NY season finale? I'm impatient!
The wait is almost over, but we do have some scoop for you. Showrunner Zach Reiter assures us that Danny-Lindsay fans will get an indication of where the crime fighting duo are headed personally and professionally in the season finale. That's got to include Lucy, right? Excited yet?

Screw Mac almost getting killed. What's the three year old non-character going to be doing?!?!11?! :rolleyes:

E!'s DL obsession continues with their daily spoiler chat:

Screw Mac almost getting killed. What's the three year old non-character going to be doing?!?!11?! :rolleyes:

Oh gosh... I have to confess, I would have thought it'd be better to have her in last week than this week.

I wouldn't say non character,she is a character,but I totally see the point. Doesn't anyone ever ask about the main characters? Or is that just all they post?

I'd like a day off ep too but including the DL part.

Although I'm anxious for the DL stuff naturally, I can't help agreeing Lucy should have been there last week...it would have fit much better.

... I can't help agreeing Lucy should have been there last week...it would have fit much better.

agree on that part, but we have to see, maybe they just start of were they left last week.than a introduction would make sense.

@rena
you can count me as well.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back