Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not as well. I'm kind of getting super bored with Ryan in trouble :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! Ugh! Those writers are just so non-creative its not even funny! Sometimes I actually wish Ryan would leave Miami and join the Vegas team (and take Valera with him) ... then I could stop watching Miami altogether (except when Johnny Whitworth made another appearance). It's always Ryan in trouble. Second verse, same as the first. The writers totally need some new inspiration and need to stop doing similiar things over and over again! Ugh! They're always either basically rewriting older storylines with the same person in trouble and being suspended from their job or with the same person in harm's way all of the time or they're writing the show like it's a damn soap opera. It's beyond irritating. I've been very pleased with Vegas this season and up until this point with Miami (for the most part), but now I'm just annoyed beyond words with Miami.

As far as casting Diddy (of all people)... I'm not too fond of that decision (I'm not a fan at all- would have much rather it been LL Cool J :lol: ). Watch, next thing you know they're gonna cast Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton as a news anchor who gives the team inside info on a suspect!

Does anyone know if this episode has been filmed yet? If not, maybe if enough of us wrote in and complained about Ryan being in trouble yet again and how boring that would be (given it's basically a repeat of earlier episodes), maybe they would change it and give that drama to someone else.

It might actually be more interesting if it was H himself that got put on administrative leave and then someone had to decide which member of the team would fill in for him until he was put back on the job. And it would be funny if it turned out that one of the higher ups actually chose for it to be Calleigh, but then she said she couldn't handle the emotional stress of it. Then they couldn't choose Eric cause of his memory issues due to the shooting, so it'd be between Ryan and Natalia. Now that would be interesting to see. But this whole redo of Ryan being in trouble yet again. :yawn: (we really need a yawning smilie lol). It would also be interesting if it was decided that Stetler would be the one to fill in for H while he was on leave... then at the end of his stint as boss, Stetler could think to himself that he's glad its over and that its Horatio that has to deal with the job and not him (thus resolving his whole upset over H getting the Lt job when Stetler scored higher and all).

Last edited:
Episode 715 is called "Presumed Guilty"

This is the episode where P Diddy makes his premiere as a high profile, quick witted, hawk of a prosecutor/attorney named Derek Thompson.

The episode opens with Calleigh on the stand testifying at the murder trial against Alfonso Reyes who is accused of murdering a woman at the country club where he worked. He claims that he did not strangle her but was trying in vain to revive her. He is being defended by Derek Thompson (Diddy's character).

Reyes pushes his innocence and the team begins to question whether they have the right man when Thompson refuses to let him testify and then does not file an appeal for Reyes.

The team further believes Reyes might be innocent when they find evidence that the murder victim was killed elsewhere and then driven back to the country club for Reyes to find....therefore making him look guilty.

That is all the info that is out right now...hopefully more will come out and when it does I will let you all know. ;)

To expand a little on the spoilers....

Diddy's character sounds like he is the typical shark lawyer. He manages to get Ryan off the case b/c he puts in a compaint that Ryan is harassing his client when all Ryan was doing was tailing the guy, so the team could get evidence. Ryan told the suspect to stay in the car but the guy flung the door open and tried to get out, pushing Ryan back. Seeing that as an act of aggression, Ryan kicks the door shut' catching the suspects leg in the process.

But considering Ryan's discipline history, IA puts him on administrative leave!

Horatio confronts Diddy's character that he is trying to discredit his team but I don't know if anyone else on the team gets into trouble....from what I can tell it looks just as if it is Ryan.

I can't wait to see Diddy in this role. Just from reading the spoilers I think he is going to make a great shark!!

This looks like it will be a good episode. Poor Ryan.

I hope not as well. I'm kind of getting super bored with Ryan in trouble :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! Ugh! Those writers are just so non-creative its not even funny! Sometimes I actually wish Ryan would leave Miami and join the Vegas team (and take Valera with him) ... then I could stop watching Miami altogether (except when Johnny Whitworth made another appearance). It's always Ryan in trouble. Second verse, same as the first. The writers totally need some new inspiration and need to stop doing similiar things over and over again! Ugh! They're always either basically rewriting older storylines with the same person in trouble and being suspended from their job or with the same person in harm's way all of the time or they're writing the show like it's a damn soap opera. It's beyond irritating. I've been very pleased with Vegas this season and up until this point with Miami (for the most part), but now I'm just annoyed beyond words with Miami.

As far as casting Diddy (of all people)... I'm not too fond of that decision (I'm not a fan at all- would have much rather it been LL Cool J :lol: ). Watch, next thing you know they're gonna cast Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton as a news anchor who gives the team inside info on a suspect!

Does anyone know if this episode has been filmed yet? If not, maybe if enough of us wrote in and complained about Ryan being in trouble yet again and how boring that would be (given it's basically a repeat of earlier episodes), maybe they would change it and give that drama to someone else.

It might actually be more interesting if it was H himself that got put on administrative leave and then someone had to decide which member of the team would fill in for him until he was put back on the job. And it would be funny if it turned out that one of the higher ups actually chose for it to be Calleigh, but then she said she couldn't handle the emotional stress of it. Then they couldn't choose Eric cause of his memory issues due to the shooting, so it'd be between Ryan and Natalia. Now that would be interesting to see. But this whole redo of Ryan being in trouble yet again. :yawn: (we really need a yawning smilie lol). It would also be interesting if it was decided that Stetler would be the one to fill in for H while he was on leave... then at the end of his stint as boss, Stetler could think to himself that he's glad its over and that its Horatio that has to deal with the job and not him (thus resolving his whole upset over H getting the Lt job when Stetler scored higher and all).
Those are some interesting ideas. I'd like any of them better than Ryan just being in trouble again. For me, even if Ryan left the show I would still watch, even if I didn't want to. Miami is like a drug for me. :lol: I could hate it but I'd still watch it just to see what happens... Anywaays, I hope we'll be hearing from Stetler again soon, but someone from another forum I visit said they were looking at the Miami episodes on Wikipedia, and that they have Stetler listed as a FORMER recurring character. Please, noooooo! :eek:

Well, on the bright side, Ryan is getting a storyline. Presumably. Hopefully they don't do that thing where Ryan's part happens 5 minutes in and then you don't see him for the rest of the episode. :rolleyes:

Miami is nothing if not predictable, am I right?

Give Horatio a storyline and it's either family trouble or romance.
Give Eric a storyline and it's injuries or romance.
Give Calleigh a storyline and it's life-threatening situations or romance.
Give Ryan a storyline and he's in trouble for something.
Give Natalia a storyline...well that hasn't really happened yet, so I don't know. :lol:

Sheesh. Mix it up a bit.

Well, on the bright side, Ryan is getting a storyline. Presumably. Hopefully they don't do that thing where Ryan's part happens 5 minutes in and then you don't see him for the rest of the episode. :rolleyes:
And that is probably exactly how it'll happen. But we can hope.

CSI Snow Angel,
I really like your idea about the Lab being handed over to Stetler and him thinking at the end it just wasn't his thing. That would be great character development not only for Stetler, but for the entire team as well. That's brilliant! I can envision each of the team members bridling at Stetler being put temporarily in charge and he having a hard go at it either because no one wants to make it easy for him or that he's just overwhelmed. Your idea fires the imagination.

Give Natalia a storyline...well that hasn't really happened yet, so I don't know. :lol:

Sheesh. Mix it up a bit.

Natalia did get a storyline - a short one - don't you remember all the nonsense with her ex-husband? We found out she was in an abusive marriage and went on the run when her sister was abducted. Then there was all the stuff when he came to work for CSI on the clean up crew and then ended up dead after starting to date Maxine. Major storyline that dove right into her personal history.

Oh, I'd love to see Stetler take over for H and fail miserably doing the job because he will see he's not cut out for it after all. Maybe it would end the animosity between H and him and bring on some genuine respect for Caine that he rightfully deserves as far as Stetler goes. It would be really great to see the other characters having to rise to the occassion of having to work under him directly while H is not there... do their best job ever just to show Stetler that Horatio taught them well. It would definitely be a great way to put Stetler in his place that they all do their job and do it well - especially Horatio. Stetler might have hinted slightly to respecting Caine, but stepping into his shoes would really set that respect in stone to see exactly what Caine is all about.

Ryan in trouble, again! How predictable. At least this time it seems that it wasnt his fault, and they wont all be mad at him. Hopefully he does get more than 5 minutes screentime.
Stetler taking over the lab would be pretty cool...

Stetler taking over the lab would be so amazing! Oh the drama would be so neat!!!

As much as I'm not liking Ryan being in trouble again, it's a storyline so I'll accept it. Just the mere thought of seeing him angry makes me excited!!!

Natalia did get a storyline - a short one - don't you remember all the nonsense with her ex-husband? We found out she was in an abusive marriage and went on the run when her sister was abducted. Then there was all the stuff when he came to work for CSI on the clean up crew and then ended up dead after starting to date Maxine. Major storyline that dove right into her personal history.

I think the poster was referring to storylines lately, which have been close to nothing, just like Ryan's.

~~~
I agree the Ryan in trouble is definitly old & too predictable, but at least this isn't his fault - well it sounds that way anyway.
I too just hope they delve more into it & expand the storyline with him. I don't like it when they attempt to throw something in to make it look big & then it's nothing!

Oh, I'd love to see Stetler take over for H and fail miserably doing the job because he will see he's not cut out for it after all.

I didn't mean I wanted him to fail at the job. I'd like him to do a good job, but at the end of the day, it'd be neat if he (and I'm quoting a song here) thanked God for unanswered prayers, so to speak... because he'll realize it's not a job that he wanted (like he previously thought) after all. I mean, the whole thing of having to deal with people trying to take your lab down (ie, Monica and now the shark lawyer), it's not an easy thing... it's very stressful, I'm sure.

Ok, I got probably the last email I will get from Corey until the New Year b/c he is really busy.

So here are the things he clairfied/confirmed for me:

1) As of right now episode 714 (Khandi's return ep) is scheduled for 2/2/09

2) He wrote/is writing episode 715 "Presumed Guilty"

3) Episode 715 is NOT Feb sweeps b/c Feb sweeps are now in March b/c of the DTV swtichover everything is being pushed back a little. He didn't say whether we would get a ton of repeats between the switchover and March Sweeps.

Also, there seem to have been some changes to ep 715 "Presumed Guilty"

The episode opening is pretty much the same, it opens in the middle of a court case, except the prosecutor is now a woman named Patricia Busick and it seems that not only Calleigh testifies in the case; Natalia and Eric also testify as to the Alfonso's guilt. Calleigh just testifies first.

Diddy's character's name has also changed from Derek Thompson to Derek Stark. Little ironic considering he is a shark of a lawyer!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back