Season 15 Spoiler Lab Discussion and Pics

I remember that they do this same thing with CSI: Miami when it was on sunday. Last three episodes was delay and series finale was delay 52 minutes... I really don't know what they thinking. In DVR CSI have still 2.0 in 18-49 or more.

Just do the board a favor and don't talk.

Just do the board a favour and delete your account.

Yes, but i think that for CBS the regular ratings are like 10 millions for episode, after that CSB begin slowy to put the show in some day (like Sunday's) they know the show while die after 1 or 2 season's.

Ask Matt

Question: I was happy to read that you're fairly confident that CSI will be back. I enjoyed the season finale, wondered whether it would be the show's finale. I liked how they tied some things up, with not only the Sag Harbor killings but George Eads leaving, and wouldn't be surprised if this show didn't introduce, sometime in the future, CSI: San Diego. And I thought having a cliffhanger of Jules being unconscious might be a plea on their part to have the show return, but I was wondering: Is CBS' airing of CSI: Cyber (and the myriad of promos that are making me not want to watch) their way of having us forget about the original, expensively produced, CSI altogether? And do you think this "new" CSI venture is going to be successful?

Also, I so enjoyed The Mentalist, and loved the way they gave it a final and a beautifully produced series finale, but I've heard there is a possibility they might be coming up with one or two Mentalist movies, picking up where this episode left off, and I'd love that if it were so. Though thinking of how Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone movies reached their end, I wonder if it's at all possible. What do you think? Is the speculation unrealistic? — Dorothy

Matt Roush: Next week's launch of CSI: Cyber (March 4) is pretty much business as usual in terms of CBS repopulating the schedule with extensions of a popular (if past-its-prime) brand, and I wouldn't read too much into it being intended as a replacement for the mothership. Even with newly minted Oscar winner Patricia Arquette as the lead, Cyber is far from a preordained hit, given the all-around diminution of the CSI franchise. Its focus is provocative and timely, as this team dives into the "dark net" to solve crimes involving technology, so I appreciate the fact it's not just about doing the same old CSI show in a new location. If Cyber does pop, I imagine we might see either two hours of CSI on the schedule next fall, or potentially the sharing of a time period, which is happening more and more in these year-round programming days.

And can I say that I agree with the questioner. The fact that I cannot watch 1 hour of television on CBS without seeing multiple commercials for "CSI: Cyber" which make it so I will NOT watch Cyber. (they're pushing it too hard while they'd barely show a promo for "CSI")

Susan

Ask Matt

Question: I was happy to read that you're fairly confident that CSI will be back. I enjoyed the season finale, wondered whether it would be the show's finale. I liked how they tied some things up, with not only the Sag Harbor killings but George Eads leaving, and wouldn't be surprised if this show didn't introduce, sometime in the future, CSI: San Diego. And I thought having a cliffhanger of Jules being unconscious might be a plea on their part to have the show return, but I was wondering: Is CBS' airing of CSI: Cyber (and the myriad of promos that are making me not want to watch) their way of having us forget about the original, expensively produced, CSI altogether? And do you think this "new" CSI venture is going to be successful?

Also, I so enjoyed The Mentalist, and loved the way they gave it a final and a beautifully produced series finale, but I've heard there is a possibility they might be coming up with one or two Mentalist movies, picking up where this episode left off, and I'd love that if it were so. Though thinking of how Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone movies reached their end, I wonder if it's at all possible. What do you think? Is the speculation unrealistic? — Dorothy

Matt Roush: Next week's launch of CSI: Cyber (March 4) is pretty much business as usual in terms of CBS repopulating the schedule with extensions of a popular (if past-its-prime) brand, and I wouldn't read too much into it being intended as a replacement for the mothership. Even with newly minted Oscar winner Patricia Arquette as the lead, Cyber is far from a preordained hit, given the all-around diminution of the CSI franchise. Its focus is provocative and timely, as this team dives into the "dark net" to solve crimes involving technology, so I appreciate the fact it's not just about doing the same old CSI show in a new location. If Cyber does pop, I imagine we might see either two hours of CSI on the schedule next fall, or potentially the sharing of a time period, which is happening more and more in these year-round programming days.

And can I say that I agree with the questioner. The fact that I cannot watch 1 hour of television on CBS without seeing multiple commercials for "CSI: Cyber" which make it so I will NOT watch Cyber. (they're pushing it too hard while they'd barely show a promo for "CSI")

Susan

I believe the endless promos for Cyber are result of multiple issues with CBS: 1) CM has been impacted as a solid lead-in with the huge rise of Empire; 2) CBS realizes they made a mistake with Stalker, which should have a been a solid companion to CM, but way underperformed what CSI did last season; 3) the move to Wed instead of Sunday (as originally planned) is an attempt to make the series a hit. Honestly, CBS treated CSI like garbage this season, which is pathetic. This was proven when the show hit season highs on the Tuesday special episode coming off of repeats of NCIS/NCIS: NO. I hope Cyber is a hit and I still fully expect a S16 for CSI.

In a weird way, George Eads leaving made me more confident that we'll get 16+ seasons. He'd have to have known if plans were being laid for more seasons and he had to decide if he wanted to re-up for the long haul or if he was ready to move on.

If he thought the end was really in sight for the show, he probably would have rode it out until the end. The fact that he didn't means he sees the show continuing for a while yet.

Last edited:
In a weird way, George Eads leaving made me more confident that we'll get 16+ seasons. He'd have to have known if plans were being laid for more seasons and he had to decide if he wanted to re-up for the long haul or if he was ready to move on.
It's been a long time since he's had a contract that has lasted for more than 1 season. I doubt his leaving had anything to do with how long he may think "CSI" will last.

---------------------​
In case anyone wants to watch. I refuse to watch their hour long promo for "CSI: Cyber", I've seen it once and that was enough. :( :( :(

CBS ANNOUNCES “WORLD CSI DAY” – A GLOBAL ATTEMPT TO BREAK THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® TITLE FOR WORLD’S LARGEST TV DRAMA SIMULCAST

THE “CSI” EPISODE THAT SERVED AS PLANTED SPIN-OFF FOR “CSI: CYBER” IS SCHEDULED TO AIR IN MORE THAN 150 COUNTRIES

Global Event Celebrates 15 Years of the “CSI” Franchise and the March 4 Premiere of “CSI: Cyber”

“CSI: Cyber” Stars Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. – Feb. 26, 2015 – CBS has declared Wednesday, March 4 WORLD CSI DAY, and will embark on a global effort for CSI to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® Achievement for “Largest Ever TV Drama Simulcast.” The event will celebrate 15 years of the CSI franchise, one of the biggest and most successful in the world, and the U.S. premiere of CSI: CYBER. The current record for the largest TV drama simulcast was achieved by the special 50th anniversary episode of “Doctor Who,” which was broadcast in 98 countries across six continents in November 2013.

The global event will feature a worldwide simulcast of the CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION episode “Kitty” (OAD: 4/30/14), which aired as the planted spin-off for CSI: CYBER, the next generation and fourth series in the franchise. The episode will air in more than 150 countries at 7:00 PM, ET (12:00 GMT) and will be streamed in the U.S. on CBS.com from 4:00 PM, PT to 12:00 AM, PT. CSI: CYBER, starring Academy Award® winner Patricia Arquette, premieres that same night in the U.S. on Wednesday, March 4, at 10:00 PM, ET on CBS.

In celebration of WORLD CSI DAY and the CSI franchise, special collectors’ edition art was commissioned to commemorate each of the series in the franchise, which will take over the shows’ Facebook accounts, which reach more than 30 million fans worldwide, and their Twitter accounts, which have more than 800,000 followers worldwide, and be prominently featured on CBS.com.

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION premiered in the fall of 2000 with big ratings, ground-breaking production values and a storytelling form that influenced a generation of crime dramas. The series ranked as television’s #1 drama for seven seasons and became a global phenomenon, earning the title of the “most-watched show in the world” on six separate occasions, most recently in 2012. CSI has also developed into a major franchise for CBS, spawning three television spin-offs, books, video games and “CSI: The Experience,” an interactive educational exhibit about forensic science that travels around the world.

“When CSI premiered, I had no idea it would become the sensational global franchise it is today,” said Anthony Zuiker, creator of the CSI franchise and co-creator and executive producer of CSI: CYBER. “CSI has taken on Las Vegas, Miami, New York and now, with CSI: CYBER, we dive into the vast world of cyber crime, where we can instantly be connected to anyone, anywhere in the world at any time. I can’t think of a better way to kick off CSI: CYBER and celebrate 15 years of international success than with a worldwide simulcast.”

“CSI blazed a trail when it introduced the world to ‘feature’ television with its unique storytelling and innovative production values,” said Nina Tassler, Chairman, CBS Entertainment. “This groundbreaking show introduced the field of forensics into the cultural zeitgeist, and it’s a tribute to the vibrancy of the franchise that 15 years later, it can evolve yet again and dive into the cutting-edge field of cyber crime with CSI: CYBER.”

“CSI has taught us over the years the evidence does not lie,” stated David Stapf, President CBS Television Studios. “The kind of success the franchise has accomplished is a feat achieved by few and we are so proud of the cultural impact it has made, not just in the U.S., but around the globe.”

“The CSI franchise has been a center piece of television schedules around the world for the past 15 years,” said Armando Nuñez, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We are thrilled to celebrate this anniversary through a global simulcast event, supported by the licensees who have made the original series such a powerful brand in their markets.”

Susan

Obviously Mrs. Tattler went to the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus many times.

The blatant hubris in this stunt is both admirable and nauseating.

Well "World CSI Day" seems like the perfect time to announce S16 of CSI. Like NY and Miami before it, Cyber will take several episodes to jell. Remember, Miami axed a key cast member and NY was heavily criticized for being too dark - visually. They both had advantage of starting in fall so they had a whole season to figure it out. Cyber doesn't have that advantage.

100% agree. I hope that Cyber will do great on premiere. Can't wait.

From DVR - I don't know this score is about two episodes or season finale but CSI up from 1.1 to 2.0 and from 7.12 to 10.31 overall.

Last edited:
Ultimately I think "Battle Creek" will have very little to do with whether CBS pics up "CSI" for one more season. The success (or failure) of "CSI: Cyber" and how much CBS picks up in the way of new shows will have more to do with a possible 16th season.

Susan

Battle Creek had 1.0 in 18-49 and 7.81 mln overall so it not that good.

Quite a good news for CSI... Though I do think they really should fix their schedule next year...

SOOOOOO unfair to compare CSI (a show with 15 years to gather viewers) with a NEW show premiering in the death slot that you yourself blame for CSI's demise.
I guess tptb had more faith in Cyber than Battle Creek.
I enjoyed BC, tho sadly it may not have a future; and I'm looking forward to Cyber, that might just be the reboot the franchise needs to survive.

Last edited:
SOOOOOO unfair to compare CSI (a show with 15 years to gather viewers) with a NEW show premiering in the death slot that you yourself blame for CSI's demise.
needs to survive.

But that's exactly what CBS is going to do... Sadly only numbers for them...

Back