Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Grandpa Olaf:lol: so we've seen Nick's folks and Cath's, and who elses? Not Grissom's mom, nor Sara's nor any of the rest of the teams, that would be an inteersting concept to see some of the other teams parents. Maybe the writers have that up their sleeves~

Didn't Griss' mom pass away? I thought that was mentioned in a ep one time. I could be wrong. My memory is faulty a lot, so... :lol:

I'm hoping Greg'll get something nice and new this season.
Doesn't anyone here want to meet his mom? I've been kinda itchin to meet her after fannysmackin'. :lol:

Me too. I wonder if Nana Olaf is still alive for us to see :p

Wasn't he about to publish a book before Warrick was killed? The new serial killer storyline could serve a material for him to write a "fictional" mystery book and become a mini J.K. Rowling of sorts. I'd like something else for Greg as well, but that would create an even bigger discussion here :p.

<snip>

all they have to do is mention Lady Heather's return and I think some people will explode...

Lady Heather That would be the cherry on the cake.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Lady Heather, I think it would be great if she showed up in a Grissom-less episode and everyone had to deal with her new career and lifestyle. Given the way they both behaved in TGTBATD, I think Cath and Brass would have a particularly hard time accepting the "new" Heather (who is really the same Heather we know and love).

The way I see it Sara is in no position to give Catherine advice about how to lead the team.Catherine is already doing a fine job with that.Unless is something Sara does(like a mistake ) that brings the old team together ,this just doesn't make any sense at all.

In attempt to turn down some of the heat here:
I'm hoping Greg'll get something nice and new this season.
Doesn't anyone here want to meet his mom? I've been kinda itchin to meet her after fannysmackin'. :lol:

CM did say the theme this season was 'family', so maybe that will happen. Maybe we meet the families of all the CSI's. I think I would like to meet whoever spawned Hodges.

:guffaw:That just made my day. LMAOOOOOOOO

I like the whole family thing, but I'm just confused about the whole Sara thing. I guess that we'll have to wait and see what TPTB are gonna do...I mean, maybe in the first episode there will be a breakdown, cause don't forget, at the end of Season 9, Ray had to shoot someone. Maybe that's gonna cause a crack in the armour? Who knows.

The way I see it Sara is in no position to give Catherine advice about how to lead the team.Catherine is already doing a fine job with that.Unless is something Sara does(like a mistake ) that brings the old team together ,this just doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't think Sara's returning for that. Cath's doing a great job,maybe the team is not so united. Sara can help with that,she'll come back with a air fresh and revitalized.

WTF!

CSI's Riley Leaves the Lab
by Carita Rizzo July 27, 2009 01:57 PM EST

When CSI returns for its 10th season, the lab will once again be short staffed. Executive producer Naren Shankar confirms to TVGuideMagazine.com that Lauren Lee Smith will not return as series regular, Riley Adams. “She’s not going to be back for Season 10,” he tells us exclusively. “It was an issue of how we were feeling the ensemble was working. When we brought in the character of Riley, it got lost in the shuffle a little bit because we had lost Warrick, we had lost Sara, and then in the middle of last season Grissom finally left. I think, as a result, the character never quite found its footing in terms of the rest of the gang.”

Riley’s absence will open up a slot for Sara Sidle, who is now ready to return to work after her severe burnout in Season 8. “She shows up because the team is understaffed,” says Shankar. “The undersheriff reaches out for a recommendation and Sara says, ‘I think that person might be me.’”

Jorja Fox returns for at least five episodes, which will address what has been going on with Sara and Grissom and why she is able to work again as a CSI. Shankar doesn’t yet know if Sara is in Vegas to stay, but adds that we’ll see plenty of her while she is there. “We’re going to spotlight her for the episodes that she’ll be in,” he promises

And then this:

Exclusive! Jorja Fox Speaks on Her CSI Return
by Megan Walsh-Boyle July 27, 2009 02:55 PM EST

It's official: Lauren Lee Smith is out on CSI, and Jorja Fox is back in! The prodigal star spoke exclusively to TVGuideMagazine.com about her return for at least five episodes.

So what prompted your return to CSI?
Right around March, I felt really rested and was itching to work—I was ready and going to meetings and auditioning. When I was in Atlanta [filming a guest shot on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva], I got the call about CSI—it was completely out of the blue! I never thought I’d be going back to work with people that I knew, I thought I’d be starting new things. That was a surprise, so I’m going back to work and it’s with the same people who I’ve worked with for eight years in the past. [Laughs] I was thrilled! For me it was a huge compliment!

When do you begin filming?
I was there all week—they started shooting July 20. I think I’m about knee-deep back in the water. It has just been a ball and a half. I think CSI’s premiere episode is one of the best that I’ve ever read. It’s a pleasant surprise. You think, "They’re starting Season 10—how is it going to be as good as it was last year or four years ago?" And they blew me away.

Do you know yet what brings Sara back to Vegas?
I think all I can really say is [pause] the team has had a rough year—there has been a lot going on—and so Sara comes back mostly just to see if she can help for a while, because she loves those guys and she misses them.

And if Sara is back in the lab, where does that leave Gil? Ah! That will hopefully be a reveal in the premiere. They’ve prevented me from discussing Grissom at all. [Laughs]

It’s got to be the burning question for fans of the show… Thank you. We hope we’ve picked the right stuff to be a surprise

Me = not happy.

WTF!

CSI's Riley Leaves the Lab
by Carita Rizzo July 27, 2009 01:57 PM EST

When CSI returns for its 10th season, the lab will once again be short staffed. Executive producer Naren Shankar confirms to TVGuideMagazine.com that Lauren Lee Smith will not return as series regular, Riley Adams. “She’s not going to be back for Season 10,” he tells us exclusively. “It was an issue of how we were feeling the ensemble was working. When we brought in the character of Riley, it got lost in the shuffle a little bit because we had lost Warrick, we had lost Sara, and then in the middle of last season Grissom finally left. I think, as a result, the character never quite found its footing in terms of the rest of the gang.”

Riley’s absence will open up a slot for Sara Sidle, who is now ready to return to work after her severe burnout in Season 8. “She shows up because the team is understaffed,” says Shankar. “The undersheriff reaches out for a recommendation and Sara says, ‘I think that person might be me.’”

Jorja Fox returns for at least five episodes, which will address what has been going on with Sara and Grissom and why she is able to work again as a CSI. Shankar doesn’t yet know if Sara is in Vegas to stay, but adds that we’ll see plenty of her while she is there. “We’re going to spotlight her for the episodes that she’ll be in,” he promises

And then this:

Exclusive! Jorja Fox Speaks on Her CSI Return
by Megan Walsh-Boyle July 27, 2009 02:55 PM EST

It's official: Lauren Lee Smith is out on CSI, and Jorja Fox is back in! The prodigal star spoke exclusively to TVGuideMagazine.com about her return for at least five episodes.

So what prompted your return to CSI?
Right around March, I felt really rested and was itching to work—I was ready and going to meetings and auditioning. When I was in Atlanta [filming a guest shot on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva], I got the call about CSI—it was completely out of the blue! I never thought I’d be going back to work with people that I knew, I thought I’d be starting new things. That was a surprise, so I’m going back to work and it’s with the same people who I’ve worked with for eight years in the past. [Laughs] I was thrilled! For me it was a huge compliment!

When do you begin filming?
I was there all week—they started shooting July 20. I think I’m about knee-deep back in the water. It has just been a ball and a half. I think CSI’s premiere episode is one of the best that I’ve ever read. It’s a pleasant surprise. You think, "They’re starting Season 10—how is it going to be as good as it was last year or four years ago?" And they blew me away.

Do you know yet what brings Sara back to Vegas?
I think all I can really say is [pause] the team has had a rough year—there has been a lot going on—and so Sara comes back mostly just to see if she can help for a while, because she loves those guys and she misses them.

And if Sara is back in the lab, where does that leave Gil? Ah! That will hopefully be a reveal in the premiere. They’ve prevented me from discussing Grissom at all. [Laughs]

It’s got to be the burning question for fans of the show… Thank you. We hope we’ve picked the right stuff to be a surprise

Me = not happy.

I'm with you, Vegaslights! God, no!

Riley never got her footing because the tptb shoved her to the background.

They want me to believe that Sara left, because she couldn't do it anymore and was burned out, but now is ready to come back? Don't buy it. When people leave those type of jobs because they're burned out, they don't come back.

Then they want me to believe that the Undersheriff, Ecklie, is going to want her back. After she was insubordinate to him and Catherine and said should've been fired.

These people are nuts.

I'm with you two. I much prefer Riley to Sara.

If they'd given her a chance she might have gotten better footing. Can anyone remember an episode other than No Way Out that dealt much with Riley at all?

Susan

Didn't Corinne Marrinan also say that we would also find out about her back story in Season 10, and she said this back in May:

CSI Files: The other new character on the show, Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) obviously has a rich backstory of her own. Will we find out about the suicide referenced in "Miscarriage of Justice" that obviously haunts her?
Marrinan: I'm pretty confident that that will play out [in season ten]. I'm not sure when. I think she has a really interesting backstory that hasn't been explored yet, so different from everybody else. She has kind of a fun, sassy side to her that is great to play. I just love Lauren--she's delightful on so many levels. [Riley] has some serious trauma in her backstory that she's going to need to deal with because it will present itself in some ways. Like you mentioned in the case of the suicide--being so opinionated almost makes her judgmental. So obviously people are wondering what that's all about. We'll definitely get to explore that. She has a real enigmatic quality to her. It was a big year to be introducing new stories and story arcs for people, between Grissom and Sara's resolution, introducing Langston and getting to know Riley more. I think this is going to be a good year for her

Link: http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/corinne_marrinan2.shtml

So a lot has changed apparently.

Well this sucks..they never gave her character a chance.

It's okay. Lauren Lee Smith will land on her feet. She's a great actress.

I think this is the only way George will get any screen time. Throw a hissy fit and walk out.. that way the writers will remember he's there.

Thank gawd, she sucked, no acting skills and no personailty/boring, and talked like she was reading her lines from a cue-card. a DUD. The character Riley didn't fit the CSI guidelines, apparently. NOT the actress LLS, I know nothing about her what-so-ever. And on giving her a chance, a whole season was the chance, and she failed miserably, my opinion. That does clear up a few things about Jorja returning, and why she lasted for 9 years~
pompom.gif

Last edited:
Thank gawd, she sucked, no acting skills and no personailty/boring, and talked like she was reading her lines from a cue-card. a DUD. And on giving her a chance, a whole season was the chance, and she failed miserably, my opinion. That does clear up a few things about Jorja returning
pompom.gif

Actually Desertwind, Lauren Lee Smith had quite the calling card before she came to CSI. She acted in several independant movies, was on Mutant X and the L Word. She's a brave actress and very good person.

Her acting card far exceeds anything Jorja Fox as ever done. She is too good for CSI, and will probably wind up doing something even better than rhyming off crime scenes in a valley girl voice such as someone we all know does or spend her time pining for some man like Jorja Fox did for several seasons!

And...the fact that she's a Canadian, makes your comment very insulting and clearly shows you seem to fail miserably when it comes to the concept of tact and respect.

Thank gawd, she sucked, no acting skills and no personailty/boring, and talked like she was reading her lines from a cue-card. a DUD. And on giving her a chance, a whole season was the chance, and she failed miserably, my opinion. That does clear up a few things about Jorja returning, and why she lasted for 9 years~
pompom.gif

I could say the same about Jorja's acting during seasons 5-8. No personality, really boring. For Smith, she clicked extremely well with the cast, particularly Eads and Szmanda. Her character, Riley, seemed to have real chemistry with Nick and Greg and it was great to see them play around.

It would have been great to see the back story to her character this season. I'm really wondering why she had to leave. :confused:

Thank gawd, she sucked, no acting skills and no personailty/boring, and talked like she was reading her lines from a cue-card. a DUD. And on giving her a chance, a whole season was the chance, and she failed miserably, my opinion. That does clear up a few things about Jorja returning
pompom.gif

Actually Desertwind, Lauren Lee Smith had quite the calling card before she came to CSI. She acted in several independant movies, was on Mutant X and the L Word. She's a brave actress and very good person.

Her acting card far exceeds anything Jorja Fox as ever done.

And...the fact that she's a Canadian, makes your comment very insulting.

Yeah, not to mention she wasn't given a chance. Tptb never gave her one. Never wrote a good story line for her.

It would have been great to see the back story to her character this season. I'm really wondering why she had to leave. :confused:

To meet a salary demand, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back