Sanctuary

kaylyne

Coroner
I just did a search and couldn't find any threads for this show, so decided to get one going.

Season 2 of Sanctuary with Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne & company begins on friday, October 9th on SyFy.

Movieweb.com has a new interview with Amanda & Robin. read it here

LOL at Amanda's comments:
"going literally from Army boots to stilettos was a transition."
"I know I'm a complete geek..."

A reminder that Season 2 of Sanctuary premieres friday night on SyFy. It's the first of a 2-part opener.

Yep, airing in Canada on Space too... I think it's 9 central, 6 on the westcoast. :)

I sort of forget how the last episode ended, aside from the daughter being taken, but I'm sure it'll all come back to me. I really like the guy who plays the werewolf/IT guy, so I hope we get lots of him this season.

OK, I saw part 2 of the premiere, and I'm confused... Is Magnus' daughter dead? What happened to her? Did they turn on the shield and torch her when she tried to teleport out?

So far so good. The only drawback on this show so far has been the occasional extra cheesey CGI- like that woman with the Medusa snake hair was a little ridiculous. :lol: Whatever though, I'm sure they don't have a massive budget, and the storylines have been interesting enough up to this point, so I'll try not to quibble about it.

I think the question "Is Ashley dead?" is the focus for the next few episodes to come. Basically, they don't know what actually happened to her. Yes, she was caught in the forcefield after they were able to turn it back on, but I don't think they know what it actually did to her.

I actually liked the snake-hair lady. It's amazing what they come up with for all these different 'abnormals'. It's just amazing how this little show has gone from just a few small webisodes to being picked up by a tv network, then even gaining more fan support and continuing for another season, and having the ratings climb even more. It's the 'little show that could'. Amanda, Martin & Damian really came up with a great concept for a show.

Oh, it's not the concept I have a problem with- Medusa is cool. It's just that it was just a little too obviously CGI... sort of like that creature they had help them fight Ashley's crew. But like I said, I doubt their FX budget is very big at this point. I mean, look at Stargate- it started with pretty low rent FX and became pretty much the best stuff you saw on TV. If Sanctuary keeps going, I'm sure they'll slowly get more money for that stuff. :)

Wow! It's hard to believe, but this show keeps getting better every week. It's great to be able to see Amanda play a character that can show her emotions the way that Helen Magnus is able to do - unlike the stoic soldier/scientist Samantha Carter.

So is Ashley really dead? The end scene would seem to suggest so but it is a science fiction show and no one ever really stays dead in sci fi.

I doubt she's dead... plus, that wasn't her they found in the wall at least. She'll show up later, I'm sure of it.

Do you think they're going to hook Henry up with the new chick? They seem to already be building in the sexual tension from what I can see. I love Henry- I'd love to see him get a girlfriend! :)

Do you think they're going to hook Henry up with the new chick? They seem to already be building in the sexual tension from what I can see. I love Henry- I'd love to see him get a girlfriend! :)

I don't know. Henry does need a girlfriend but I don't know if I want it to be the new girl.

So is Ashley really dead? The end scene would seem to suggest so but it is a science fiction show and no one ever really stays dead in sci fi.
I don't think Ashley's dead. I just hope they don't continue with the Ashley-visions-in-Helen's-head storyline for too many more episodes. That seems very un-Helen like.

In this last episode, I like how they combined the heavy/dark losing Ashley storyline with the comedic chasing the creature storyline. That was a nice way to not have things too depressing the way it could have been.

Is it bad that my new favorite 'ship' includes Jack the Ripper?! :lol: I love the Helen/John moments.

Back