• A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for that info Theresa. I won't be able to get to Manhattan,but I'm happy for Jon (and Daniel) anyway.We may be closer to a DVD.This is exciting news.

There is makeup that can cover tattoos.I'm more inclined to think they just don't want to do it. I've always maintained there was a little bias going on when it came to the characters. I know there are some that say the writers can't be biased,but they have proven to me that that's not true.
I'm still sending in feedback at least on a weekly basis,sometimes more often.
I have to agree with the bias part.
I like to think I'm generally pretty good at keeping things in perspective. But no matter how hard I try to shake it, I always get the feeling that either the writers have something serious against Ryan, or that they just haven't taken the time to figure out what they want to do with his character. (And thus tend to treat him more like a backup plan or whipping-boy rather than the well loved main character that he is.)
Same here, I really do think it's a little of both,the writers having something against him and they can't seem to figure out what they want.Instead of building on the character that was first introduced,the writers keep changing him a bit .We all remember he was smart,dedicated,eager to work and please and not afraid to stand his ground when he started. He seemed a little geeky,and of course he was also OCD,all great for good storylines and a good character.The writers started out so well with Ryan,but I could see a change by the end of his very first season. I have my own ideas why this was done,and yes he does seem to be treated like a whipping boy.

I had just written a long reply to this when the computer lost it all. The gist of it was that I agree with the above comments. The writers do seem to be lazy. They have a lot of potential there with Ryan, but just seem to repeat the same old plot lines, or dont use him at all.

Yehhhh! Jon's movie Identical is being shown July 23 at the Manhattan Film Festival! Here are two links. There is also info on the movie web page--identicalthemovie.com. That means the DVD may be coming out shortly! I am so excited! Here's to Jon winning an award!

http://symphonyspace.org/event/6860-identical

http://www.manhattanfilmfestival.org/Content/Program_1.htm

Ohh, thanks for that, Theresa! Good news. Hopefully we will get some nice pics of Jon at the festival.........

Omg!
What I was missing! :eek:
I almost feel like being burried for a week.
Agh! Yup that might be the reason for lack of shirtless scenes, the tattoo. But they could always do smth about it if it's bothering, there enough variants how to cover/change it.
Omg! How I want to be american. I'd defo glued myself to the closest seat to screen and baseball-bat everyone who disturbs (much like a guy did it in main cinema in my city but except firing a gun part). Defo will be waiting for download options or online, or start saving money to buy a dvd one day. I doubt I'll see it in any local stores, so Amazon.com I'm startin savin my money.
Eek! That film editor name got goosebumps on me :guffaw:
Uhh oh almost forgot, I didn't find that pic in my collection, so I guess I'll find it other ways. I think it got lost within my phone's system while changed mem cards. Oh I have a cd with older pics *headdesk* what a silly.
I'm so distracted today. Shouldn't read all those tragic fics my mind is now somewhere between smth. Better do some chaps on my fics here otherwise I feel like abandoning my stories at every chance

According to the movie site, there are going to be additional screenings around the country. The next one after Manhattan is Indianapolis in early August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back