Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Has there been any news on ABC Family's Greek?

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

ABC Cancels ‘Ugly Betty,’ Promises ‘Satisfying’ Finale
    by Matt Webb Mitovich
    Jan 27th, 2010 | 4:11 PM | Comments 2

Bye-bye, Betty.

That’s the word from ABC, which on Wednesday announced that ‘Ugly Betty‘ will bid the airwaves adieu at the end of this, its fourth season.

Based on a popular Spanish telenovela series, ‘Betty’ came out of the gate strong in its first year but is widely believed to have stumbled during its third season.

This fall, however, the show enjoyed a creative resurgence … at least in the eyes of the few folks who knew where to find the comedy in its new Friday time slot.

ABC recently relocated ‘Betty’ to Wednesdays at 10 p.m., where it caps a three-hour block of comedy, but the move ultimately was too little, too late.

Another mini-bummer: Ms. Suarez’s swan song has been trimmed to 20 episodes, down from 22, says EW.

The good news, if there is any to be had here: ABC timed its decision so that ‘Betty’ might receive a proper send-off.

As executive producer Silvio Horta and ABC president Steve McPherson said in a joint statement, “We’ve mutually come to the difficult decision to make this ‘Ugly Betty’s final season, and are announcing now as we want to allow the show ample time to write a satisfying conclusion. We are extremely proud of this groundbreaking series, and felt it was important to give the fans a proper farewell.”

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

EW: Renewal scorecard: What's in? What's Out? What's in limbo?

'Tis the season to start feeling anxious about the fate of your favorite programs. Over the next several months, the broadcast networks will be deciding which “bubble” shows will be back next season and which will transition to the imaginary MIA Network. To help you keep track of what’s in, what’s out, and what’s in serious jeopardy, I’ve once again compiled this handy cheat sheet of the shows that are likeliest — and unlikeliest — to be renewed for the 2010-11 TV season. (I’ve also included those programs that have already been renewed.) My advice to you? Bookmark this page and check back for updates. It could be a matter of life or cancellation.

----------
    ETA: CABLE EDITION Renewal Scorecard: What's in? What's out? What's in limbo?

They say you can’t please everyone, but, dammit, I’m sure as hell going to try. No sooner had I posted my Renewal Scorecard than the complaints started rolling in. “Where’s cable?” “You forgot cable!” “Hey, moron — there’s this thing called cable!” After sorting through all of the feedback, I came to the conclusion that many of you are anxious to find out where your favorite cable shows stand. With that in mind, I present you with this 100 percent cable-centric Renewal Scorecard, compiled with blood, sweat, and tears love and care by EW.com intern Sandra Gonzalez. In other words, forward any/all complaints to her. Oh, and be sure to check back for updates!

To See About You're Show Click The Link Provided!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Scoop: CW renews 'Supernatural,' 'Gossip Girl,' '90210,' 'Vampire,' and 'Top Model'

by Michael Ausiello

The CW has extended early full-season renewals to Supernatural, Gossip Girl, 90210, The Vampire Diaries, and America’s Next Top Model. There’s no word on the fate of CW bubble shows Smallville, One Tree Hill, Life Unexpected, and Melrose Place. Of the four, Smallville and One Tree Hill stand the best chance of returning.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I'm most excited about Supernatural coming back for a 6th season!

5. Destiny

Just quoting this because A new link was added for Cable networks.

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

On March 4, 2010, The CW announced that Smallville will be back for its tenth season, which will consist of 22 episodes. Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Cassidy Freeman, Callum Blue, and Justin Hartley :eek: (no Allison Mack)?! are the only cast members from the previous season that are contracted for the tenth season, should the writers keep them in the show. Smallville is on track to beat the Guinness World Record for longest consecutive running US Sci-Fi TV show—currently held by Stargate SG-1—when the tenth season airs its 20th episode.

7. Destiny

Joe Mantegna on his Twitter site stated the following

RT @[name Removed]: So has CM been renewed for another season? @JoeMantegna 11:48 AM Apr 12th via web
    @[Name Removed] Oh yes, we'll be back for season six! 11:49 AM Apr 12th via web

Yes there will be a season six
    12:16 PM Apr 16th via web

Note: I removed the name...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  8. Anna P

Anna P Witness

I stand to lose eight shows this year... :mad:

9. Destiny

TvGuide Online: Is Your Favorite Show in Danger?

The new fall TV season means plenty of promising new shows — and canceling struggling old ones to make room. As the networks roll out new programs this month at their upfront presentations to advertisers, here's our list of 13 at-risk shows. Many have posted significant ratings declines. Others are expensive to produce, getting old, or just aren't performing as well as their time-slot rivals. Read about the issues each faces and then weigh in on which shows deserve to stay — or go.

You can see the issues with some of the shows, plus see who has been "Renewed", Who is "Looking Good", who is "Not Looking So Good", or has/will be "Canceled/Ending". as well.

For More See Link Provided!

10. Anna P

Anna P Witness

According to http://tvbythenumbers.com/ Lie To Me and Human Target will be back, Chuck might be; but things are looking bleak for Heroes.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone know anything about Primeval? It was cancelled then said it was gonna have 13 more episodes in 2011, but I heard it was cancelled again. I can't find anymore info on it though. I really hope it's brought back after the cliffy way it ended. :lol:

12. Destiny

primeval Status at "Thefutoncritic.com" says STATUS: returning in 2011 (and beyond)

Hope that helps. :)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Any news on V, Flashforward, or Life Unexpected? I've been looking around and keep seeing them on "Not looking too good" lists but nothing official.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Destiny. I hope it comes on BBCAmerica or syfy so I can watch it without having to wait for the dvds to come out. :lol:

15. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Upfronts are next week; meanwhile news keeps trickling in...