Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Renewed or canceled shows

From TV Guide online

The Jeff Dunham Show Not Returning for Second Season

Dec 29, 2009 05:51 PM ET
    by Joyce Eng

Comedy Central will not renew The Jeff Dunham Show for a second season despite its record-breaking series premiere, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

"Currently there are no plans to produce a second season of The Jeff Dunham Show," network rep Steve Albani said in a statement.

The show, which features the comedian and his array of puppets, premiered in October to 5.3 million viewers, making it the most-watched series premiere in Comedy Central history. However, ratings for the series, which was critically panned, dropped steeply over the season. The season finale earlier this month drew 1.3 million viewers.

Although the series will not continue, Dunham's tenure with the network will. Albani said Comedy Central will move forward in other aspects of Dunham's multi-platform deal, which he signed earlier this year, with a live tour, stand-up special, DVDs and other consumer products.

2. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

Re: Renewed or canceled shows

the tyra banks show has been cancelled

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

CBS Mid Season Schedules

MIAMI MEDICAL, about a team of expert surgeons who thrive on the adrenaline rush of working at one of the premiere trauma facilities in the country while drawing upon their wit and irreverence to survive on the edge, debuts Friday, April 2 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). MIAMI MEDICAL succeeds NUMB3RS, which will have completed its season order.
    MIAMI MEDICAL stars Jeremy Northam, Lana Parrilla, Mike Vogel, Elisabeth Harnois and Omar Gooding. Jerry Bruckheimer, Jeffrey Lieber, Jonathan Littman and Steve Maeda are executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television Distribution.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT, the comedy about the different phases of male/female relationships, returns for its fourth season on Monday, March 1 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT).
    RULES OF ENGAGEMENT stars Patrick Warburton, Megyn Price, Oliver Hudson, Bianca Kajlich, David Spade and Adhir Kalyan. Tom Hertz, Doug Robinson and Jack Giarraputo are executive producers for Happy Madison Productions and CBS Television Studios in association with Sony Pictures Television.

ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE will continue to be broadcast on Mondays at 8:30 PM through February 22 before moving to Wednesdays (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) beginning March 31 where it will be paired with THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE. ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE replaces GARY UNMARRIED, which will have also completed its season order.

Mondays, Effective March 1

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (4th Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN

9:30-10:00 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

Wednesdays, Effective March 31

8:00-9:00 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE

8:30-9:00 PM ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE (New Time Period)

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

Fridays, Effective April 2

8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER

9:00-10:00 PM MEDIUM

10:00-11:00 PM MIAMI MEDICAL (Series Debut)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does this mean that Numbers is cancelled or that they just haven't decided whether or not to order another season of it?

5. Destiny

This is what Zap2it says

"Miami Medical" (formerly called "Miami Trauma") will debut at 10 p.m. Friday, April 2, after "Numb3rs" finishes its season.

My guess is after it finishes it's season it will be determined based then on ratings and such if it will be ordered again. I know that "Flashpoint" was rumored to replace numb3rs but not direct time was giving, Until they officially come out and say it is cancelled, I would think that its more on hiatus. I remember that they decreased the show from something like 22 to 16 episodes.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I remember reading months ago that Flashpoint was on hiatus until summer of 2010, and after I read that, I thought no way could THAT be true, why would they keep it off the air for so long when it was doing good in the ratings? Now it looks like it really IS true and it won't show up until summer. Oh well, at least I'll have new eps of something I like on during the long boring summer...my favorite baldies will be back. :lol:

7. Destiny

I know what you mean, about FP in a way I have already seen the eps via the internet but to actually see it on a bigger screen lmao would be better.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

In my case, I'm not able to view certain types of you-know-whats over the internet, so I'm out of luck until it shows on the regular tv screen. Nuff said.

9. Destiny

I hear ya. The problem I have with summer time is that I watch the Indians (Baseball) games, so unless they play a day game (unlikely) or have the day off (unlikely) that day then I have to resort to my plan B.
    Which is I watch the Indians play east coast time, and since I have Directv I watch FP three hours after its ET on the CBS West coast channel. :D

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

That must be great at times to be able to do that. Well, in the future, who knows, I might have satellite tv...

11. Destiny

It's awesome, thing is I had to ask them for it and there is like a buck fifty extra charge but its great during the season, not only can I rewatch something even a repeat but also sometimes the games go into the new seasons, so any eps I miss on CBS I can rewatch just three hours later.
    I personally recommend Directv, had them for years and needless to say they might cost a little more but they are there on the spot for tech difficulties and if you get the warranty (like five extra bucks) anything they do is included in that so no charge. My Aunt and uncle have dish network and they hate it, so they are waiting for their contract to end and switching.

Okay I just got us off the path and to the fork in the road. :lol:

Hopefully Flashpoint will return to CBS soon, otherwise I am going to have to write the network again and yell at them again. :p

12. Destiny

TvGuide: CBS President: NUMB3RS Not Dead Yet, Three Rivers Is

NUMB3RS' number may not be up just yet.
    CBS president Nina Tassler said the decision to reduce the show's episode order is not a death sentence, and that both NUMB3RS and its Friday night lead-in, Medium, may return in the fall.

"We just had to cut back on the number of episodes to get Miami Medical on the air," Tassler said, referring to the new Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama premiering April 2. "Absolutely Numb3rs is still under consideration for next year."

Time of death was officially called on Three Rivers, the Alex O'Loughlin organ-donation drama.
    "I think we've all known each other long enough to know that when something is 'on hiatus,' it's code for something else," she said.

Nevertheless, Tassler said she was proud of the show's short run.
    "The reality is, it's not too often that you get mail that lets you know as a network that eight lives were saved as a result of the organ donation that people become aware of because of that show."

Tassler also said the network hasn't forgotten about Canadian productions Flashpoint and The Bridge, for which have they have 18 and 13 episodes in the can, respectively.
    "We had a high-class problem," she continued. "We had too much content and not enough real estate. Both shows will obviously make it to air at some point."

13. Destiny

Source EW:

* Among the pilots NBC has ordered (some of this you already know): A remake of the UK crime drama Prime Suspect, a Rockford Files update from House creator David Shore, the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced action procedural Chase, the David E. Kelley legal drama Kindreds, and the romantic comedy Love Bites from Sex and the City writer Cindy Chupack.

* NBC is in talks with Dick Wolf on a new Law & Order set in Los Angeles. The mothership, meanwhile, is expected back next fall.

* No decision has been made on a Heroes renewal, but NBC prez Angela Bromstad says she’s pleased with the show’s ratings performance at 8 and series creator Tim Kring is “pitching out his view of the next season.”

* Although Bromstad “personally loved” Southland, she has no regrets canceling it. ”It probably found a better home on cable,” she said.

* Contractually, the new season of Friday Night Lights can start airing on NBC as early as March.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Confirmed: NBC Ends Prime-Time ‘Jay Leno Show’
    by Tracy Phillips
    Jan 10th, 2010 | 1:58 PM | Comments 101

It’s official: The current incarnation of ‘The Jay Leno Show‘ has been axed.

Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment, confirmed Sunday at the TCA winter press tour the network’s plans to revamp its prime-time and late-night slates.

“I can confirm, starting February 12th, ‘The Jay Leno Show’ will no longer air at 10:00 p.m.,” announced Gaspin. “While it was performing at acceptable levels for the network, it didn’t meet our affiliates needs. We realized we needed to make a change. My goal is to keep Jay, Conan and Jimmy as part of our late-night line-up, so the plan is to have Jay Leno at 11:35 p.m., Conan O’Brien at 12:05 a.m. and Jimmy Fallon at 1:05 a.m. As much as I would like to tell you we have a done deal, talks are still ongoing.”

Find out who stands to gain from Leno’s loss.

Everyone has the weekend to mull over the proposed plan–namely Conan O’Brien, who is essentially being demoted by this move–and conversations resume Monday. Gaspin expects to have the situation settled before the Olympics kick-off in February.

The plan for rebuilding the network begins with “going back to basics,” revealed Gaspin. “We’ve dedicated our resources to building and fortifying our shows.”

Here are some other choice quotes from the NBC honcho:

On claims of changing the business model of television with the Leno ‘experiment’:
    “I don’t think it’s wrong to take chances … but we might have been too early on this one.”

On why ‘The Jay Leno Show’ didn’t work:
    “I don’t think it has anything to do with the quality of the show. I don’t think people didn’t watch Jay at 10 p.m. because of what the show was, it’s just they have a lot of choices at 10 p.m. There’s intense competition at that hour.”

On what about ‘The Jay Leno Show’ did work:
    “Leno was working at acceptable levels for us financially–we were making money at 10 p.m.”

On why moving Leno out of prime-time and back to his old timeslot is better:
    “This was not an issue for the network. It was an issue for affiliates. The local affiliates started calling, saying their news programs were affected more than we expected [since Leno debuted in September]. They gave us through November, but the drum beat started getting louder and louder…it wasn’t getting much better for them. For some, they had had the No. 1 local news program, and now they were #3. Toward the middle of December, there was even more vocal displeasure, and they began to talk preemption. They are our partners, so even though Leno was doing okay for us, I made the tough call.”

On whether or not Leno’s prime-time show could have been saved:
    “I think over time [Leno's ratings] might have started to grow. For the network, it was not yet a wrong decision. I wish we could have given both Jay and Conan more time to get settled, but we just can’t.”

On the late-night hosts’ reactions to the plan:
    “Jay and Conan and Jimmy were incredibly gracious and professional, and they understood the difficult position I was in. Beyond that, it’s personal. But in the room, it was very professional.”

On Conan O’Brien’s incentive to stay with NBC:
    “His motivation may be more clear as time goes on. But I gave him ‘The Tonight Show,’ which was important to him, and I made it very clear ‘The Tonight Show’ would be moving with him to 12:05. Jay just wants to tell jokes at 11:35. I couldn’t give both of them 100% of what they wanted, hence the compromise.”

On the fate of ‘The Carson Daly Show’:
    “Carson Daly will be part of NBC, regardless of what happens. We’re fans of Carson and he’ll continue to be part of the NBC family. But he will not get the 2:05 a.m. slot, that’s affiliate time, so there could be some rejiggering, but I don’t want to say yet.”

On what is working on NBC:
    “We are number one in news. Even though there have been anchor changes left and right, our nightly news is #1. ‘The Today Show’ is an incredibly strong franchise, and ‘Dateline’ performs well, our news brand is very strong. The NFL is also huge for us, and we go into Olympics in a few weeks. Everyone knows we’re struggling in prime-time, but ‘The Biggest Loser’ is strong, we have a great Thursday night comedy line-up, and we still have the ‘Law & Order’ franchise. Beyond that we have to work harder.”

15. Destiny

Source: CBS Press Express

CBS RENEWS "NCIS: LOS ANGELES" AND "THE GOOD WIFE" FOR THE 2010-2011 SEASON.

CBS's NCIS: LOS ANGELES and THE GOOD WIFE, the season's top two freshman series, have been renewed for the 2010-2011 broadcast season.

NCIS: LOS ANGELES is the number one new program of the season with an average audience of 16.8 million viewers. The show is averaging a 5.3/12 in adults 25-54 and 3.8/10 in adults 18-49. Shane Brennan and R. Scott Gemmill are executive producers of NCIS: LOS ANGELES for CBS Television Studios.

THE GOOD WIFE regularly wins its Tuesday (10:00-11:00 PM) time period in viewers (13.7m), adults 25-54 (4.2/11), adults 18-49 (3.0/8) and key women demographics. Compared to the time period a year ago, THE GOOD WIFE is up +3% in viewers, +5% in adults 25-54 and 8% in adults 18-49. Tony Scott, Ridley Scott, Robert King, Michelle King, David Zucker and Brooke Kennedy are executive producers of THE GOOD WIFE for CBS Television Studios.

"Two great new series, fronted by talented stars on one big night of television," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. "We're proud of these shows and what they've accomplished on Tuesday night."