Remembering 9/11

Tomorrow (or today for some people) is the remembrance of 9/11, the day we were attacked. It has been 7 years. Take a moment in your day to remember those who lost their lives and who are fighting for our country because of what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 7 Years Since 9/11

It's such a sad day :(:(
I can still rember everything. I came home from, turned on the TV and I saw it all over every channel.
I couldn't even turn off the TV.

I don't think this makes a difference whether you're American or not. September 11, 2001 changed everyone's lives in someways. As a Canadian it has changed our way of traveling back and forth to the US. It used to be easy to travel by car across the borders but not now. We need passports to travel back and forth. I don't like flying now because of all the restrictions in place.

I can remember exactly what I was doing at the moment I heard about the planes flying into the World Trade Center. I was at work doing some paperwork when I heard the news. I was in disbelief. How could this happen. One of the comments that stands out in my head from this day was something that one of the seasoned newscasters said on TV here. She was talking about the enormity of the situation and she said 'We have to get our heads around this' or something to the fact.

My heart goes out to the many of innocent lives that were lost on September 11, 2001 as well to the many lives that have been lost since that have been a result of September 11.

This is such a sad day to remember. My heart goes out to all of those who lost a loved one seven years.

I remember being sent home from work early and the trains were mobbed because apparently all of the businesses in the Philly closed early. I couldn't believe the footage I was seeing on tv.

and the next day, we got our books in school and guess what was on the front page of my english book. so many student were looking at it and trying not to cry.

My heart goes also out to the many innocent lives that were lost that day.

Last edited:

I was about 9 or 10 so I cant really remember much about that day and had only ever heard of the twin Towers about once, maybe if thats because I was young and live in the UK i dont know.

I can remember though being at school and all the teachers discussing it and they even put the TV on which made us realise something big had happened. Then again I still didnt understand untill I got home and watched the news for myself for hours what had really happened. I cant really remember anyone explaining why it had happened but I can remember being fasinated by it. I know that sounds strange but even now, when I know what actually happened, all the stories behind the day interest me.

I agree with Jacquie though, it didnt/doesnt really matter if you from the US or not. I suppose it made a bigger impact on American's lives but now when travelling you cant escape what happened and my heart goes to those who lost something/someone on that day.

Last edited:

I too was at school when this happened. I was 12 and all the teachers got a message through about what was happening. I was in History and our teacher brought up the news on the pc and put it on te projector so we could all watch. Lessons were cancelled for the day because some teachers and quite alot of students had family in New York. Our teacher tried to explain and not worry us but we all knew the enormaty of what had happened. I remember students ringing home trying to find ot information about relatives. Teachers giving students a ride home to be wit their families. The thing that will stay with me is the teachers who were crying because they knew they had lost someone and then trying to be strong for those students who didn't know if their parents were ok.
I only found out later that night that my mothers cousin was supposed to be working in the South tower that day. Thankfully however, he had to be at the hospital with his son in another state that day but he has to live with the knowledge and guilt that because he wasn't there his best friend was because he offered to cover for him.

To everyone who lost someone, or to those who just feel their loss I am deeply sorry this happened to your family, to your country and to you.
You are forever united in my heart.

Can't believe it. 7 years. A lady at my church was a flight attendant on the plane that crashed in PA.

Now I'm trying to explain to my second graders exactly what happened. I have a great children's book that I read to my class every year.

I was 20 when it happened. I was driving to school. I was at a small technical college close to home so I just commuted every morning. I was listening to the radio when they said that a plane hit the world trade center. I kept listening and they said another plane hit. When I got to school I called my mom and told her what happened. She was a 5th grade teacher so I didn't think she would know what was going on and she said she was just starting to hear about it. I couldn't concentrate at school at all, neither could anyone else. It's all we talked about. On the way to my fiance's house after school I was so scared because there were all these rumors flying around I didn't know what to believe. When I got to his house we watched it on TV until we both had to go to work.

I still have trouble talking about it and watching clips of it on TV. I did keep a scrapbook of the newspaper and magazine clippings, though.

Feels more like 3 years. Ugh.

I remember I think I was 12? I was sitting in English and my mom came and got me from school. When we got in the car she told me what happened and I totally couldn't comprehend it. We got home and watched the news all day, and we saw it live when the 2nd plane went in the towers...:( Ugh...

It's hard not to cry whenever I see stuff about it on TV or whatever. I didn't have anybody killed from the attacks or anything, but it was such a major thing to happen in this country. It makes me feel vulnerable.

When I went to NYC this summer I went to Ground Zero and to the museum. I practically jogged through the place because it was soooo hard not to cry. They have these big wall murals of the damage. It was a little too much for me... And they have a wall of names and pictures... I don't think I would recommend going through it. Just because it's a little too much to take.

I was in grade 3 when this happened, I believe. I don't remember finding out, but I remember coming home and seeing them air it over and over on the tv in the kitchen. I asked my mom how long they'd keep playing it and she said "for a very long, long time." I didn't understand why this happened, but I knew there were people in those buildings. So I knew there were mothers, fathers, sons, daughters in there. Which meant people had lost their loved ones that day.

My prayers go out to everyone affected by 9/11.

Where I live, we took in nearly every international flight heading into the States from Europe when the tragedy happened...I never seen so many planes land in the span of a couple of hours. But like people here in Newfoundland, they opened their homes and hearts to do whatever they could to make the stranded passengers a little more relaxed and comfortable.

As for where I was when this happened? I was at work and got the call to turn the television on...My sister (you'll be forever missed) and her husband were firefighters and knew some of the crews that went into the towers. It was especially tough on them as well...

My prayers and thoughts go out to all effected by this senseless act.

I remember it clearly. I was off of work that day and turned on the Today show just seconds after they got the report of the first plane going into the one tower. Then I saw the rest of it happen as it happened...all of it. I remember crying a lot. But that day also the internet became my friend. I went onto another board I lurked on and people all over were posting about it. To this day I have friends that I made that day on the boards.

I haven't posted anything for long time but it's still Thursday for me.
I can remember everything about that day,I will always remember it not because of all the deaths,but because it was 9 days before I was to turn 11.I remember it all.The teachers acting and then coming home to see it all over the news.Even without knowing right away what happened you could feel something was wrong....

January 9th of this year.I want to use it today as a tribute to the memory of everyone who died that day.

Not everything is right in this world and forever on,and all we have to look back on is the mistakes people made when and after it happened.The things,the warnings that one man ignored that could have saved thousands of lives.

To everyone out there who lost somebody,I'm sorry you had to go through with that,and sorry that every 11th of September,you have to relive the pain and feel the emptiness again.

The Video goes to The Families of the lost,and the lost themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvXLa5cz3JM

Nothing compares to what those families have to go through each year.

I remember that day well. I was already in the military, I had been in a little over a year when it happened. As soon as the second tower was hit, I knew I was heading overseas somewhere shortly after that. I have since deplyed 4 times in support of Enduring Freedom.

I remember that day well. I was already in the military, I had been in a little over a year when it happened. As soon as the second tower was hit, I knew I was heading overseas somewhere shortly after that. I have since deplyed 4 times in support of Enduring Freedom.
And may God bless you for serving your country

Back