Ratings Discussion

(easily)won the hour?c'mon, the ratings are an vicarious embarrassment, they are symptons for continuous medicore storyarcs that doesn't attach, or in that matter satisfy people.

ny is in his way to surpass lv, keeping in mind which format runs when.i think they(franchise) need something brand new, a new formula, no serialkiller- storyline, neither a csi in drama arc which will be streched over multible episodes.i'm trying not to be emotional and therfore should be constructive, but the first option comes to mind would be a cast change.leave it like that(boring 1 case) and it is a safe bet that this numbers will continue to tend to result in an downfall.you can not blame the writers for everything.i have this feeling that stunt- actors( i count fishburne as the exeption, cause he walked trough this experiment.also(imo), he utilized his image to require extra clauses) aren`t that prepared to compromise like the core cast.y'all remember warrick's gambling problem, grissoms social awkwardness, caths marriage situation, sara's inperfection....and now?

Whilst your argument about the quality of storylines is subjective, NY's ratings are nowhere near LV's. Yes they're relatively close on viewers but it's not viewer figures which are considered important by the media or the networks. In the 18-49 demographic, LV is averaging around 2.4-2.5 whereas NY is a whole ratings point less.

If you compare the ratings for the most recent episode and then last year you'll see that the ratings haven't really decreased that much:

Crime After Crime (aired Nov. 16, 2011): 2.5 (18-49)/ 10.6 million viewers.
Fallen Angels (aired Nov. 14, 2012): 2.5 (18-49)/ 11.01 million viewers.

It's a far cry from the days where it was 25 million+ (where TV viewership was a lot higher) but I'd hardly call those ratings, for a 13 year old show, embarrassing.

(easily)won the hour?c'mon, the ratings are an vicarious embarrassment, they are symptons for continuous medicore storyarcs that doesn't attach, or in that matter satisfy people.

ny is in his way to surpass lv, keeping in mind which format runs when.i think they(franchise) need something brand new, a new formula, no serialkiller- storyline, neither a csi in drama arc which will be streched over multible episodes.i'm trying not to be emotional and therfore should be constructive, but the first option comes to mind would be a cast change.leave it like that(boring 1 case) and it is a safe bet that this numbers will continue to tend to result in an downfall.you can not blame the writers for everything.i have this feeling that stunt- actors( i count fishburne as the exeption, cause he walked trough this experiment.also(imo), he utilized his image to require extra clauses) aren`t that prepared to compromise like the core cast.y'all remember warrick's gambling problem, grissoms social awkwardness, caths marriage situation, sara's inperfection....and now?

Whilst your argument about the quality of storylines is subjective, NY's ratings are nowhere near LV's. Yes they're relatively close on viewers but it's not viewer figures which are considered important by the media or the networks. In the 18-49 demographic, LV is averaging around 2.4-2.5 whereas NY is a whole ratings point less.

If you compare the ratings for the most recent episode and then last year you'll see that the ratings haven't really decreased that much:

Crime After Crime (aired Nov. 16, 2011): 2.5 (18-49)/ 10.6 million viewers.
Fallen Angels (aired Nov. 14, 2012): 2.5 (18-49)/ 11.01 million viewers.

It's a far cry from the days where it was 25 million+ (where TV viewership was a lot higher) but I'd hardly call those ratings, for a 13 year old show, embarrassing.

I have to admit, I think LV will last longer than NY but maybe last a year or two longer. Depends on the budget cuts and what happens in 2013.

I think they were watching this:

12/12/12 Concert Reaches More Than 19 million TV Viewers

"In an effort to aid those affected by Hurricane Sandy, multiple organizations came together to produce the “12-12-12” concert held on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The concert was the most widely distributed live musical event in history, accessible to nearly two billion people worldwide on television, radio and the Internet.

In the U.S., 19.3 million TV viewers watched at least a portion of the concert on television, which was carried live from 7:30PM to approximately 12:00AM on 15 networks. The average audience viewing the concert at any given moment was 5.2 million viewers."

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire...lion-u-s-tv-viewers-across-multiple-networks/

Ratings for Exile

CBS CSI: Las Vegas 2.1(demo) 9.12(viewers)
NBC Chicago Fire 1.9(demo) 6.65(viewers)
ABC Nashville 1.8(demo) 5.71(viewers)

----------​

veteran CSI perked up to a dominant 5.7/10 from 10-11 p.m., which was 63 percent above the repeat of The Big Bang Theory

Susan

Back