Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm wondering how much input Marg had with the storyline. Was it Marg who said "here was a great story with global implications, why don't we do an episode featuring this storyline" - kind of the way she brought up the sexual obsession storyline for weeping willows, or was it just TPTB that said "you know, Marg was great in EB, and the storyline can give us a way to branch out on the new storyline of Catherine pondering her future and looking for something different." Either way, I'm positive that Marg was a big influence on it. Especially the end part about her saying that someone needed to step forward and take these guys on. That was blatantly a reference to the movie. I wonder if TPTB had to give the EB writers any money for doing this episode. It was an obvious copy on much of what the movie was about.

On another note, at the beginning where they were rushing through the scenes of the water and it came up from the lake to the fishermen in the boat. I had a vivid PMJ flashback.

^ good point kaylyne I was thinking the same thing. How similar the episode was to Erin Brockovich and what Catherine said at the end.
I liked it, and I wonder if indeed Marg has some influence on how the episode went.

Cath looked hot as usual and I'm glad she's got some passion for solving the water problem.

kaylyne said:
That was blatantly a reference to the movie. I wonder if TPTB had to give the EB writers any money for doing this episode. It was an obvious copy on much of what the movie was about.
Erin Brockovich is a real person and the movie was based on a true story. Maybe TPTB should send EB herself some money.
LaSquisita

Actually, if they keep going with the storyline of Catherine helping the crusade of fighting those people, I'd like to see the real Erin make an appearance on future episodes. If I remember correctly, Erin was a consultant for the movie (since it was about her), so I'm guessing she & Marg probably had met while the movie was being filmed. That brings up the question - are there any pics of Marg with Erin? I don't remember any.

I don't remember any of Marg with EB, and apart from the movie stills, I don't remember any of Marg with Julia either.

In fact, I don't remember any pics to do with that movie apart from stills.

I don't remember seeing pictures of Erin with Marg and Julia either.

I'm kinda on the fence about that EB-ish storyline last week. I loved it because it gave Marg a chance to stretch her acting muscle again and it set the stage for a possible future storyline. But then I was hoping the writers would give her an arc based on original material. Most CSI storylines are ripped off from real-life cases anyway so I guess its all good. :D

Btw, I listened to the Mr. Brooks DVD commentary and Marg was mentioned twice.
The director (Bruce) and the screenwriter (Reynold) did the commentary. At the beginning of the film, they were both talking about Kevin and how the film came about etc. when suddenly the screenwriter just fell silent. He was so smitten by Marg that he lost his train of thought and interrupted the director (who was still talking about Kevin at that time) and blurted out
"Im looking at Marg here, she's so lovely... Marg Helgenberger... everybody fell in love with her... I'm sorry Bruce go ahead." LOL!!! :lol:

Happens to me too when I watch CSI.

Then remember the Marg exercise scene that everyone loved? There was a goof up somewhere in that scene. :D
Director: "Asdjksdkj...Look at where the earbuds are on Marg... And no one noticed that till we were editing. As she sticks her chest out..."
Screenwriter: "I said oh, Marg has black nipples." (just quoting their joke mods... hope its ok) :D
Director: "Rey went 'Oh my God!'"

ROFLMAO!! Okay, that's hilarious. :lol: I can't wait to see the movie! I missed it at the big screen over here, so I have to wait until they bring it out on DVD.

that is hilarious :lol:

I missed it too on the big screen so I look forward to the DVD. I think it came out today here in the states.

I know! She's so hot and I like her dress its really cute. :) According to this article, Marg's busy filming CSI and she's stressed out and everything but she managed to attend the event to support Alan.. And she looks super hot for someone that's stressed out lol!! :D

"MARG HELGENBERGER may have had a 5 a.m. call on the set of "CSI" yesterday morning, but she was still able to swing over to Hollywood to support her husband, actor ALAN ROSENBERG, as the Screen Actors Guild received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Alan is president of the union. "I'm very proud of what my husband is doing," Marg told me. "It's a very difficult job, a very thankless job and it's particularly filled with tension these days for obvious reasons [labor contract negotiations]. But I think if anyone can handle it, it's my husband."
How to they handle him working so hard with the union and her as star of one of television's most popular prime-time shows? "It's hard, it's really hard, I guess I'll be honest with you. We don't see much of each other. He does a lot of work for the guild and a lot of traveling."

Dear lord Marg - you look so incredibly hot!

Alan does look incredibly tired. And I think it's so great and another testament of how much they love each other that Marg turned up to support him.

I do feel a little sad though that they don't get to see a lot of each other. I hope that changes soon.

It's a credit to both of them and shows how much they both care about their profession that Alan ran for a second term as president. They both know it's a stressful job, but still want to continue with it.

And it always makes me smile when I hear them showing their love & respect for each other in situations like this.

Drumchik said:
I do feel a little sad though that they don't get to see a lot of each other. I hope that changes soon.
That also makes me wonder if it's going to be a factor in Marg's decision to renew her contract after this season. The other factor is that Alan's job is unpaid, and it's for another two years, so does Marg want to give up the security of the steady job she currently has?

I'm new to the board - and I'm a huge Marg fan (of course). I was over at IMDB and looked up Marg's name to see if there were any upcoming projects - and the TV schedule page said that "Where are My Children" was on this morning (Saturday) at 6:30am on TBS! I can't believe I missed this. I've been looking forever for this movie. Did anyone else catch? Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back