Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

Why can't he be with Y?

Well.. the writers probably know a lot of people want them to get together but they'll stretch it for as long as possible, like I said before as long as it will happen I'm okay with it :)

Lovely lyrics Tally. I think I know what site I'll be heading for later! :D Thanks for posting them. They really are about as H/Y as you can get.
Kit said: the writers probably know a lot of people want them to get together but they'll stretch it for as long as possible
Yes, no question about it. Even though I have been very critical of how the H/Y storyarc has been handled, I still believe that we will be rewarded one day. :)

polina said:
He says that Yelina can` t be with Horatio ` cause she ` s a strong woman and Horatio needs someone to protect. And he says that she makes him weak, with her around he looks as if he` s under her foot – he blushes, he tries not to look to her eyes, he repeats words and it seems he always doesn` t know what to say to her (especially when it doesn` t concern their work), so in their relationship he is always a weak side and she ` s the strongest.

I agree that Horatio needs to protect someone and he's weak around Yelina BUT :
The person he needs to protect doesn't have to be the one he loves. He married, Marrisol, a very weak woman,he needed to take care of, but since when is protecting someone the same as loving someone?
He always will be able to protect other persons, he's a CSi, every epi he saves a child, a woman or a whole family.
I don't think he needs to come home,and start to help the woman he loves. Like I said it happened that way with Marisol, but I never felt the love between them. When H talks to Y you can feel the chemistry between them, they really love eachother.
she makes him weak
I also agree Horatio gets weak when Yelina enters the room, but it's not a kind of "looser-weakness", it's a "Lover-weakness" Doesn't everyone melt a bit when he is around the one he loves?
and it seems he always doesn` t know what to say to her (especially when it doesn` t concern their work)
I don't think he doesn't know what to say to her but he just wants to say the perfect words. And he has to be carefull, 'cause he can't always say what he actually wants to say(always out of honour for his brother not because he hasn't got the guts). According to me all of this aren't a proof of his weakness but of his strength! He's strong enough to controle himself.

All this just to say:
I can't see a reason why they can't be together :D

I agree 100% with with ment_to_be that he doesn't always say what he wants to because of his brother.

Anyway the writers will better get them together one day, if not I know a lot of people who'd want to lash out at them :p

Oh the complexities of the H/Y relationship! Even when Ray was 'dead', H was reluctant to make the first move. His misguided sense of guilt and partiality to making self-sacrificial choices always kept him from revealing his true feelings. Then of course, he pushed Yelina away by allowing her to think Madison was his daughter to save her from further hurt and anguish.

Now that Ray is really dead, both H and Y will have to go through their own grieving process and reconnect on a different level. That just may take time. It would appear that this is the current tack the writers are taking.

Hi!! *waves shyly* I'm still there and I still support them, but sometimes it's hard to write a good post.

Horatio and Yelina are both strong characters, but I think they allow around each other more to show their vulnerable side. I agree that Horatio is attracted to strong woman and Yelina needs a man who understands and supports her independence. She was too strong and independent for Stetler and I think this is why he hurt her. She isn't a woman who submits to anyone and least of all to a man.
IMO if ray hadn't fake his death sooner or later she would have handed in a divorce.

and Horatio understands her and balances her out.
of course I can see them fighting too. As some of you've already written, Horatio loves to protect people. Yelina doesn't want to be protected all the time. maybe this can cause problems.

Oh the complexities of the H/Y relationship!
Ain't that the truth! ;)

Tally, I love that song. I have often listened to it and thought of H/Y. Every single line is so totally relevant.

Even though I have been very critical of how the H/Y storyarc has been handled, I still believe that we will be rewarded one day. :)
The criticism has been more than justified. I don't really trust these writers anymore, but I think in time, we may well get to see H/Y have their chance of happiness together. Just a feeling I have. I am convinced this isn't a storyarc they will drop; the burning question is, will the writers end up doing it justice? Stay tuned for the next 3 years folks! ;) Or, at least, just watch the episodes that relate to Yelina, which is what I am considering doing as the show does little for me right now.

My sentiments too! ;) When there are any significant developments regarding Yelina, I shall watch with interest, though maybe not with an abundance of hope for the near future. Until then, I shall keep half an eye on it, just in case. In the meantime, other shows are infinitely more rewarding.

As for H, he was indeed 'weak' in Season 4 - without Yelina! His character's substance seemed to evaporate with her departure.

Hey Guys.

What was the name of the episode where H tells that guy (she went a date with or something) that she doesn't like Champagne?

That would be the Season 2 finale 'Innocent'. Yelina is about to go on a long weekend with IAB Sgt Rick Stetler, who was introduced in the Season 2 premiere 'Blood Brothers'. H finds out that they are dating in 'The Oath'. :(

MiamiDade said:
That would be the Season 2 finale 'Innocent'. Yelina is about to go on a long weekend with IAB Sgt Rick Stetler, who was introduced in the Season 2 premiere 'Blood Brothers'. H finds out that they are dating in 'The Oath'. :(

oh, Thank you for the background, you rule at that! :D

I noticed how upset H looked when he found out, Poor H :(

You're always welcome! :) Much of what I know I really have to thank the other H/Y veterans in here for. ;) Someone in here will always help you. It really is the best thread for that. There really is alot of background on these two, all of it angsty (in a good way) and downright brilliant in the entertainment sense. That's what we miss so much and why we hope Yelina will be back soon. The show is so, so much better when she is on it! *sigh*

MiamiDade said:

*gasps* Yelina dates Stetler?! :eek:

Ohhhhhhhh :(

But this should make for some interesting viewing! ;) *wonders will she get to see a jealous H*

The discussion on Yelina being H's equal on the previous page reminded me of the strange and unearthly Jane Eyre and the fiery, broody Mr Rochester, and that they are so good together because they are each other's equals. But yes, I totally agree with you guys on that point and why H and Y make such a great match :)

*gasps* Yelina dates Stetler?! :eek:

Ohhhhhhhh :(
Aw, wibbs, are you okay there? ;) This is yet another of Ann D's barriers that she erects between our two (Blood Brothers dvd audio commentary). Her list of barriers seems fairly lengthy and involved! We are still working our way through them. It's like a never ending army assault course. :rolleyes:

Ooh, Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester? Now you are really appealing to my romantic tendencies. Jane Eyre rocks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back