Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

^ I don't think that H would ever call her Salas. If he does in this book, the writer doesn't know very much about H/Y. ;)

Thanks for the fanfic links (me loves fanfic) and for the pics. :)
    and the funny captions. :lol:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hm, I've read all the CSI:Miami books, and I don't recall Horatio calling her 'Salas', so I think you're in luck. If he does, you have permission to throw the book. ;)

Wonderful pic Luce, which episode is that from? Looks like our dearly departed season three. :p

And thanks for the fic link. :D

I'm really hoping we get a wriggly scene from Horatio this season. We deserve it for being such loyal H/Y fans, and well...Miami fans at that. But, there is still plenty of seaon to go, and since Yelina is back in Miami there is an excellent chance for some more H/Y goodness. :)

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

^ I'm fairly sure it's from 'Legal', so yes, our dearly departed Season 3. ;)

The H/Y goodness will hopefully return. We need to send some spies to LA to infiltrate the writing team.

4. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

You guys just a reminder: Posting links to fanfics are fine (as long as they are not explicit or above pg-13ish) but please keep any comments in the thread for that story -- that is fics that are on this site.

And thank-you Lucy for digging up those stories and linking them for us. :)

5. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

when u guys talk for brilliant S3 and wonderful det. Salas to me come one funny moment from epi " Pirated"

Y: Why don't you tell us who your friends are?

Darryl: Why don't you learn to speak English?

Y: I suggest you respond to my question.

Darryl: Not giving up my friends to some Puerto Rican cop.

H: Darryl, that is Detective Salas, and she is attempting to give you a chance. but you are too stupid to realize that. Please take him.

:lol:

these two (H/Y) make not only perfect couple, but also perfect team :D wow how i miss this scenes.. :(

6. Lucy

You're welcome. It's good to know where they are as they are all so well written. ;)

Pusher, I love that dialogue. Thanks for posting it. :D For a long time, I didn't think Yelina was in 'Pirated', and I watched it a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised! It was one of those episodes that I missed the first time around.

7. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Great pic earlier Luce. Love the captions and the way Yelina has her arms folded. She is always so direct with him which is something I really admire about her character. :)

Thanks for the dialogue Pusher. I really like it when H and Y work as a professional pairing, like in 'Murder In A Flash'. They play off each other very nicely. I wonder if the writers will have Yelina rejoin the Police Dept? I really hope they give her some purpose.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: Thanks for that dialogue Pusher. That is one of my favorite scenes from the entire series, for obvious reasons. :)

And as MD said, they really do play off of each other really nicely. It's such a pleasure to watch them interact, and the dialogue between them always has so much substance, and it adds so much to the show. The plot could be complete garbage, but when they have a scene, it seems to fix the plot pretty quickly. ;)

And I aswell hope she comes back to the police department. Other than that, what would be her purpose in Miami? Surely not just a love interest for Horatio, because they've made it very clear that they're going to slow down on that aspect of the show. Perhaps they'll need her expertise on a case, and she'll be consulting with the team. Ah, wishful thinking.

9. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

could you give me the title of the book? I've been looking for a book of CSI miami with Yelina in it , but I can't find it!

Yelina has to rejoin the team! I would love to see H, kissing :D or maybe just hugging Yelina and another CSI sees it! I wanna see their reaction!
    Will it ever happen? I hope the writers know how much we would love to see them together!

10. Lucy

I have also been wondering what the writers intend to do with Yelina! I get the impression that Ray Jnr will be the focus of an episode or two later in the season, after what happened in 'Rio'. That had 'storyline to be revisited' written all over it, so that at least should bring Yelina into things again. Ultimately though, I would like to see her given a real chance to shine again, in her own right.

Her presence on the show brings the H/Y scenes to the fore anyway as their chemistry is so strong. I still believe that eventually, H and Y have to face up to things, however much H continues to hide behind the facade of 'family'.

11. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I definately want the Ray Jr. storyline to be revisted this season. I hope they can build on his character more. I've actually seen the kid who plays him this season, Carter Jenkins, in some other projects and he does have some great acting potential. I hope the writers let him show that.

I do want to see Yelina back as detective. It'd be great to see her back on the force and working cases with H. :D They do make a perfect team!

12. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

I just saw Rio
    It felt so good seeing the chemistry between H and Y is still there! Those looks just make the show 10 times better! But was I dreaming or did H say 'son' to Ray Jr :D?
    As far as I understand english it means he's his child, or is it just something H always says to Ray Jr?

13. inge

inge CSI Level Two

first, I don't know why I didn't write it before, but I like your icon HnM!
    I also want to see her on the force again. She's a good detective and Horatio and Yelina *are* a dream team.
    I don't think that the problems with ray jr. are solved. He maybe has a drug problem or the wrong friends or he rebelles because his father is dead.
    lots and lots of potential storylines.
    and Horatio is of course there to help. :D

14. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Yes, H did call Ray Jr "son" several times in "Rio". Using "son" is kinda like a substitute for the person's name. This term can be used by anyone(doesn't have to be a relative) to refer to a child or even an adult male. However, with that said, the use of "son" with a child, does imply a certain level of close relationship.

I use this term a fair bit with family and friends and even with my dog, which makes for slight confusion when all 3 are present and answer "Yes?" or ""Woof", when I call out "Son!". :)

BTW, would be great to see Yelina back on the MDPD force and parternered with Frank. There will undoubtedly be more H-RJ storylines. I'm just hoping that Y will also be involved here as well. No bloody good giving the lad a new dad and then discarding his mom.

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Okay here's my view on the whole H/Y.

Yelina has always been very upfront about her feelings, but the reason Horatio doesn't respond to it is because family is everything to him. Which is very good, cause that is the Horatio we know & love. He just doesn't want to betray his brother.

Something tells me they will get together someday. Why? Well obviously for all the chemistry in season 1,2,3.
    To me it seems Ray was very much aware on how Horatio's feelings are towards Yelina. I mean watch 10-7 , at the end when Yelina goes to hug Horatio. Ray did look a little bit upset, but not surprised. Before she boards the plane Ray gives her a hug, then he locks his eyes onto Horatio and hugs her even thighter. It kinda felt to me as he was saying: "She's mine Horatio, not yours"

Then the Rio episode, remember what Ray JR said? "You're ALWAYS talking trash about him." Well well seems good old Ray and Yelina weren't that happy anymore. There wasn't a lot of chemistry in the episode, but isn't that normal? Horatio just lost Marisol and Yelina just lost her husband, although she didn't seem to be all torn up about it but kk.

In the end of the episode Yelina says: "I'm not really sure what there is here for us." She didn't want to push herself onto Horatio again, she gave him a small hint. And he happily took it. Owh yes and the look on there faces, says enough.

So yeah sure they will get together, I just hope that it doesn't happen this season just yet. We have to remember CSIM is a forensic show so they can't just put a romance on top of it all.. Not yet anyways :devil:

Owh yeah, let's make a pact. When they FINALLY kiss we're all going to SQUEEE as hard as possible. Ok?

yelina

I'd better get out of here.. God he's so handsome. When is he going to kiss me?

*wishful thinking*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.