Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Okay you're going to have to explain Rick to me.. was he that bad guy in that one episode that H stared down? or.. am I thinking something else?

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Wow lots of intersting post again. Loving it. I also agree Y shouldn't be blamed for jumping to conclusions about H. Like Kit said she probably felt like he betrayed her trust. They must have spent alot of time together up to that point and they had probably shared alot about themselves, so it was natural Y would have felt betrayed that H failed to mention the fact that he had a kid with someone else. Also H allowed her to continue the misunderstanding in an attempt to protect her from being hurt but IMO he hurt her more in the process.

I think it was mentioned in the Y/SM thread, being in love with someone tends to make logic go out the window, and I know Y was still in love with H while she was with Rick.

CathStokes Rick Stetler, IAB Sergeant who dislikes H for, in his opinion, got the promotion to LT whick Rick felt he shold have got. He showed interest in Y but she brushed him off. But after some time she got tired of waiting for H to make the first move and went out with Rick. In the opinion of many from this thread, it was to spur H into action. But the gentleman H didn't. But it was a good ting cos like it was said above, made H realise that he wanted to be with Y.

3. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

Hum, this is one of those ships that got me a little borderlined. I think it would sweet but for some reason... I don't know...

4. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

first silk ur very welcome re "THE HAND-HOLDING' banner :D i have to add to this anim and text 'A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!' :lol:

and second when i say that on first look i hate Yelina character - here have some history and reasons...or more right is to say mistake from my approach to this great shipp. when i see for the first time CSI Miami i have miss some epis. and this somehow lead me to misunderstanding of the whole H/Y real deal, in meaning i don`t have watch some main H/Y epis/plot line and in the end of S2 have stay whit wrong impression with Yelina part in H life. after S3, when i make my self re-watch S 1-2 (every singel epi) the whole picture (the right one) just come so clear and i totally fall in love with H/Y canon. even start to blame H for causeing Yelina pain :lol: if i have to be honest both H and Y 'hurt' each others, not so in direct way...but still at times they was in pain... it`s sad that when u try to protect someone (H hide info for Meddy) this in the end again can cost pain or when u have only one person who to trust (be with) like Y and this one betrayer ur confidence this always lead to big disappointment - like in the real life. exactly this knottiness/complicated and reality make so interesting H/Y shipp to be follow...hope tptb to not go there any more, H&Y have go through too many thing and now is time to have some rest and good time for them ;) from few days (have read some others H/Y forums in the net) in my head become to stick one thought... all this guys who don`t see H/Y wonderfool chemestry or don`t understand Yelina character at all have miss like me (time ago) some significant/cardinal H/Y moments and coz of this they are in the land of delusion ;)

aww to early in the morning for me to make post here ....

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Pusher totally agree with you there. Let's hope tptb are listening to us.

It'll be really heart-warming to see H/Y have some good times together, maybe a little night out just like in 'Grave Young Men'. Or that sweet scene in 'Hurricane Anthony' where H tries to invite himself to her place. Nice to see him fumbling around her. This time maybe we'll actually get to see what happens at her house. ;)

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

20 more days to Yelina's return! And 14 more days till the promo of that episode that will hopefully include Yelina. If it doesn't i'll get angry :p

The last episode was yet another super H saves the day. The previous time Anna appeared I was afraid of another Marisol deal but I think that's not gonna happen after seeing "Bloodline". And don't ask me why :p It's just a feeling.

I agree they need good times. I'm wondering what the storyline for H/Y would've been like if SM was available for shooting earlier. They obviously had some plans for her, since they did say she'd appear in a couple of episode. But the big question still remains, will they sign her back as a regular for season 6? I sure hope so but not against every price. There are too many regulars already.

As much as I like Rex Linn's character, he shouldn't have been promoted to regular. Cause they really haven't done much with him. There's absolutely no character development. Not that Yelina had that, but she did bring something to the story: her complicated relationship with Horatio.

On to Eva LaRue's character, well ... That they brought her in as a mole , yeah I can work with that. But the next season she's a csi trainee? First they make everybody hate her, including the viewers, since she's the mole. Next season she's a csi trainee.. Her character is more interesting as previous season as she did have decent character development. But we viewers just can't wipe that mole thing away. That will always peek around the corner, and that will always make us a bit suspiscious of Boa Vista.
    If it wasn't for the mole story, I could've worked with it. Now it's just plain old rediculous. I would've preffered it that they brought her in as a mole, she's discovered, she regrets it and BAM she's out the show.. Or she comes in season 5 as a csi trainee..

Okay so will the writers risk having so many regulars? As much as I'd love to have her back full time, another regular could jeopardize the show. It's hard enough now to give everybody decent screentime each episode what would it be if they add Yelina into the mix? And H/Y is way too precious to only give 5min of episode time.

7. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Hey there, I watched my first Miami episode last night (im a Vegas fan) and I loved it!!! Anyway, just wanted to know, do H and Y ever get it owwwwwn?! Are they cannon yet?! You guys are gonna have educate me because I know nothing about them as a couple!

The episode I watched was Golden somethin or other, about a plane crash, and I saw that scene with H&Y when they trying out theories to how that lass fell out of the plane. Hot stuff, we never get anything like that in Vegas lmao.

Horatio: What if he just grabbed her hips....

HOT! I'm looking forward to being educated :p

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

No they aren't cannon yet. Well Yelina is H's sister-in-law. But his brother died several years ago. Meanwhile Yelina & Horatio have gotten closer and closer. It is suggested by the writers and Sofia Milos that Horatio has always had feelings for Yelina but she realized this too late. But now with her being alone & Horatio being alone.. this makes for great tv :d

The rest i'm not gonna tell you yet because it would really spoil the surprise ;)

I think the episode you are referring to is called "Golden Parachute" which is the very first csi miami episode. I don't remember Horatio and Yelina ever working theories about a planecrash.. I think you got her mixed up with Megan, who left after 10 episodes.. Yelina doesn't appear until episode 17, Simple Man.

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

LOL, jeez what an bad mistake. *dodges various objects being thrown her way*

I read up about H&Y and I rekon I will definatly ship these two when I see them together. I'm ordering S1 as we speak.

I always thought Cross Jurisdictions was the first ever Miami ep...gawd I really know nothing about Miami.

10. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Bloody right! If I may borrow from Al Gore (my apologies Mr. Gore), Y is H's "inconvenient truth" as it were.

As for Y jumping to conclusions over that H stunt, I admire her restraint. If it were me, I would have smacked him silly six ways from Saturday and twice on Sunday. :p

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

In the traditional sense, and I don't wish to cause confusion, H and Y are Canon. Canon means that which has actually happened (in this case, on the show) and is recorded as fact. ie. it is a fact that H and Y have feelings for each other and they have a history, regardless of whether they have 'got together' or not.

There is a new (and theoretically incorrect) definition of Canon that has been circulating for a couple of years now, where it means 'two characters getting together'. No, they haven't got together yet, to give the simplest answer using this definition.

Hope I am making sense here. ;)

Welcome 19ams87 ! :D

12. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Yep you made sense Lucy. I can't wait for her to return. Show has gone downhill alot since she left. Stetlers not around much for me to dislike neither. I miss that. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything anymore especially when it comes to H/Y. TPTB apprently doesn't care what we(the fans) want. Plus according to the TV Guide interview H is apparently still mourning Marisol. So does that mean he no longer has feelings for Yelina?

13. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I never want to hear that again! :devil:

Well technically Crossing Jurisdictions is the first miami episode, but it was a crossover with LV. So the real first Miami episode is Golden Parachute :p

Welcome to the thread 19ams87 always great to see new H/Y supporters! :D

14. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Thanks for the welcomes! S1 is now in the mail! Call me Ams btw ;)

I didn't know which one got classed at the first Miami ep, thanks for clearing that up.

Can anyone direct me to decent H/Y websites, wouldn't mind having a look at some clips as i've only seen really small bits of H/Y. Feel free to PM me with the links guys! I'd be grateful.:)

Do H/Y have a nickname btw? My OTP from Vegas (Cath/Griss) have PureJoy and most ships have a nickname so just wondering?

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

We don't really have a nickname for them we just call them H/Y. You can find clips of them at youtube, just typ in Horatio Yelina :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.