Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

No fair!! Miami has gone on longer than New York has and already they're showing Mac Taylor's apartment! What about H's house?? *pout*

No fair!! Miami has gone on longer than New York has and already they're showing Mac Taylor's apartment! What about H's house?? *pout*

I'll pout with you. :lol: I'm still waiting to see another teammembers house too *coughNATALIAcough*. NY is better at venturing outside the lab/station than 'Miami' is, it doesn't surprise me that we'll see MacDaddy's loveshack before Horatio's.

For the sake of conversation, & since they neglected to show us H's apartment in epi 14, what do you guys think it's like inside H's home, what does he do on his days off (like he really ever has one, just humor me, ok)?
Personally I can't even begin to imagine him mowing the yard or whipping up dinner on the stove, but I'd love to hear others' thoughts. :p

Lol, yea H mowing his lawn in a suit? Thats so Stepford. but i can imagine him relaxing with a glass of brandy and a cigar. (or is that just me fantasizing? ;p)

nah, he's got a condo he bought back in the 80's on his NYC paycheck; w/a killer ocean view-keeping his city safe at night looking over the balcony-yeah I see him doing that better than cutting grass..

begs the question of what kind of hobbies he has outside of work. Grissom has his bugs and his dog, and Mac has his music. What does Horatio have for himself to enjoy? I'd hate to think he doesn't have anything beyond crimefighting.

Here are a couple of ideas I had.

1.He collects ships that come in bottles
2.He is a heavy reader and has a huge collection of books.

*GASP* WHERE - sorry. I'm a Taylor Girl myself. :D

Well, we have to admit, Miami is the comic book version of CSI. I'm not surprised by the fact that they haven't shown his house because he's supposed to be some restless superhero who has people dying on him all the time. :rolleyes:

Remember back in S1 when H actually had an office? I remember there being some war memorabilia on his desk.
Well, he is a Lieutenant, right? Does that have something to do with it, possibly?

nah, he's got a condo he bought back in the 80's on his NYC paycheck; w/a killer ocean view-keeping his city safe at night looking over the balcony-yeah I see him doing that better than cutting grass..

I could buy this image. I like this one a lot! :cool:

Like many others here, I have a hard time visualizing Horatio mowing the lawn and doing other things we normal human beings do. He seems far removed from normal mundame activity the rest of us deal with every day - except for the human tragedy that he's endured.

These are good - especially the collection of books. ;)

Last edited:
Don't we know already that he's got a lawn?! Hope you guys remember somewhere back in S2 or S3, Yelina said something about him mowing the lawn :p

You know I always thought:

1) He would have a huge collection of books -- except he didn't like reading them because they were all English literature, & that they all belonged to his mom. And in that collection his mom had, there's a Horatio Alger book called "Rupert's Ambition".

2) H's got 5 different fishing poles & over 1,500 lures ;)

Somehow that last one sounds SO likely! :D But it's still hard to imagine the great Horatio Caine in a fishing boat.

oh yeah he does fish! He takes Ray, Jr. sometimes. But i think he's too classy for a little dinghy fish boat. there are a lot of middle class families down here who do own a boat (they park em in the driveway like a second car), so it'd be reasonable that he owns one himself.

what kind of pet would H have, I wonder?

oh yeah he does fish! He takes Ray, Jr. sometimes. But i think he's too classy for a little dinghy fish boat. there are a lot of middle class families down here who do own a boat (they park em in the driveway like a second car), so it'd be reasonable that he owns one himself.

what kind of pet would H have, I wonder?

A pet? Ya know, really I wouldn't think he'd have one, but....

During that recent CBS clip talking about the cast/show, there's a tiny glimpse of an episode that hasn't aired yet (it says 'spoiler' below) & it shows a man walking with a large dog looking over the city. It's from afar so hard to say if it is indeed Horatio, but the man's body & suit looks an awful lot like him. :p

Hey, I'm new here on the forum but I'd like to say that a) I love the character of Horatio Caine (Just finished watching Gone Baby Gone - love the ending) and b) I reckon H would have adopted an abused dog or something similar - maybe a police dog that has lost his partner since they tend to retire them?

Back