"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Oh man - so crazy intense.

I actually thought the amound of emotion showed was true to all the characters.
For example - when Sara first saw Nick on the video feed - you could see tears welling up in her eyes - but she tried to stop them so she could be seen as being "tough" and focus on the case.

All in all I thought it was an awesome episode, although I almost had a heart attack at the beginning of the hallucination where they pulled Nick out and started doing the autopsy on him until I realized it was a hallucination

hehe, so i figured that this would be prime time to sign up for this forum since it was after such a major episode :)

anyway, i have to agree with some of the comments about some REALLY emotionless csi's. i was also really surprised with eckley and everything that he did. (always seemed to me to be VERY disagreeable, is it me, or is he changing?)

i guess the magic about csi is not all of it has to make sense or be logical, its just a nail-biting, pillow-hugging kind of show.

anyway, about greg's hair, i agree that he needs a new style, he's reverting back to his hair in the earlier seasons.

otherwise, i thought this episode was great. i think that nick stokes is a strong character and he shouldn't leave the show. he adds a little southern flavor to everything :).

The way in which Grissom kept Nick focused on the fact that they were rescuing him by calling him Poncho was heartmoving. And the punchline to the whole episode was Grissom showing how much he cares about the team.

I'm getting all verklempt . . .talk amongst yourselves . . . I'll give you a topic . . .Duran Duran is neither Duran nor Duran, discuss . . . . . . .

There...I'll all better now!

Awesome season finale and I can't wait for season 6!!!! :D

Posted by midnight_tiptoes:

I gotta say this: Greg's hair is gross. Get a haircut! You're not a 14 year old </shallow moment>.

KISS MY *BEEP*

Posted by lament:
if QT wasn't the one to do this but it was the same as you saw would it be better or worse?

For me, it was all about Nick, not QT. So, as long as GE was in that box, I was going to be there. :)
Review wise comment very cool, otherwise very scared of you right now. :lol:

I always get around to it later if possible so i can detail things in my head, and not have sit there going "Dang what was that other thing?"

Posted by xforce11:
GREAT EP. Did Gil learn Nick's Nickname from lipreading? Loved the fact eveyone joined in and Ecklie seemed human. We miss so much of the characters personality and background in regular eps. This extended ep gave us insight to the people of CSI.

Grissom learned of Nick's nickname when Nick's father was watching him on the camera. I can't remember exactly what he says, but he calls him 'Poncho'

Posted by katelemon:
Oh man - so crazy intense.

I actually thought the amound of emotion showed was true to all the characters.
For example - when Sara first saw Nick on the video feed - you could see tears welling up in her eyes - but she tried to stop them so she could be seen as being "tough" and focus on the case.

All in all I thought it was an awesome episode, although I almost had a heart attack at the beginning of the hallucination where they pulled Nick out and started doing the autopsy on him until I realized it was a hallucination
They hardly showed Greg at all. There's something wrong there.

I loved Nick's dream at the end, with Doc Robbins and David :lol: At first I was like WTF?!?! then I started laughing.

Hi...I'm new to this board...and pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand *why* this was done to Nick...I didn't understand the whole daughter-of-the-kidnapper thing. Was it simply that Nick helped put her away, and so the father was getting his revenge? Am I missing something?

Posted by Destiny:As to Grissom being emotionless people are shocked by this? this guy only gets openly emotional reguarding his bugs, otherwise he tends to pent it up, shocking to me its not.

The most emotion Grissom showed all night was when he was observing Nick towards the end and kept saying to hang on, or whatever it was...and all the while he was trying to snap a picture of the ant to identify it. I SWEAR at that time I heard the Gil/Nick shippers swooning across America...only to find out Grissom was cooing to an ANT!!!

Frankly, Grissom showed more emotion trying to snap a picture of that ant than he did when Sara was being attacked in "Committed." And as someone else pointed out, Grissom nearly gets blown up and nothing from Sara.

I think this puts the nail in the coffin (sorry...bad joke) to the GSR.

I know I actually liked Ecklie and Hodges this episode! This was an incredible episode I am still shaking!

What an absolutely phenomenal episode! And so Tarantinoesque with Doc and David being all goofy.

"I want my guys back." Was anyone else waiting for Ecklie to say 'You got 'em'?

Man this was an incredibly well written, produced, directed, acted episode... a twist at every corner... fastest two hours I've experienced in such a long time...

Posted by daytripper:
Posted by midnight_tiptoes:

I gotta say this: Greg's hair is gross. Get a haircut! You're not a 14 year old </shallow moment>.

KISS MY *BEEP*
Alright that wasn't necessary and it was inapporperiate, everyone is allowed an opinion and disagreeing with them, but that overstepped the bounds, please refrain from that. thank you.

Oh... wow. That was so good. I liked the new style quite a lot. The flashback and flash forward and the country music. That was completely creepy but fit the story perfectly. And we got a logical answer to why Nick would shoot at the foot of the box and we also saw that his hearing DID come into play. So... yay!

I personally thought they did a very good job... the hullicination was very... god, it was just weird. I think Al and David probably had too much fun doing that scene, hehe. Poor Nick.

What I did not like:

1) The commercials. Grrr. 'Nough said.

2) The ending. There was no Nick and parents interaction. We did not see him in the hospital. He just visited the jail house to talk to the daughter. True, having no hard feelings toward her is totally Nicky but I would have liked the show to end with Nick breaking down in the hallway or meeting Warrick who drove him there or something... not with the daughter who had no heart.

3) The loose ends and inconsistincies. There were quite a few, so I doubt I could name them all. However, like I already mentioned, there was nothing with Nick's parents. The box was apparently caving in on itself which is what makes Nick make that final goodbye in the first place, and yet nothing happened when four guys were standing on top of it? Yeah, right. Those were two just to name a few.

What I really did like:

1) The music choice. Country fits Nick perfectly and having him open the show with him singing some country song was very funny and in-character. I also thought him trying to console himself in the box and try to get somebody to hear him by singing loudly was a very creative idea as well.

2) The science. I was very afraid that the show was going to lose its whole scientific feel and it was all going to be all action all the time. However, we got a good dosage of science, but not too much to make us all be bored to death.

3) Characters. Ecklie was fantastic--he really came through in this episode and I knew he would. Grissom--I was kinda iffy about him in the beginning when he didn't seem at all upset that Nick was gone, but the ending scene with "Pancho, listen to me" and all that jazz was really cool. Warrick was wonderful in his little outburst; was it just me, or were there tears in his eyes? Catherine is on my good side once again. Hodges was really cool; that was a whole new side of him that we have never seen before. And, of course, Nick stole the show. Greg... well, to be honest, I don't really remember him much in the episode, did he have ANY big parts? And Sara... not a whole lot of her like I guess either.

All in all, I was very pleased with it. It kept me on the edge of my seat and had me shouting at the TV to save Nick. Very suspenceful and very well done. There were some parts that I didn't like, thought the show could do without, thought the show needed, but all in all, very nice work Tarantino.

Out of ten, I'll give this show a 9.6--very, very nice work.

Posted by lament:
-I disagree with everyone who said Grissom showed no emotions. I thought WP did a great job of showing Grissom's quiet angst. The scene where he called Nick "Pancho" and laid his hands on Nick's...wow.
I agree, and I actually think the fact that Grissom is very stonewalled about his emotions adds to his deapth and sheer awesomeness as a character. When Grissom does show glimpses of what he's feeling, it's always extremely intense (like the Pancho/hand thing) and I think meant to show that there's more to what goes on in Grissom's head than what anyone sees. I second you're "wow".

Back