"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, November 15, 2007
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#807) "Goodbye & Good Luck"

In Jorja Fox's last episode, a suspect from Sara's past returns, causing her to question her future as a CSI.
-- For the CSI team, it's business as usual even as they say goodbye to a long-time friend. - So far this season, Sara has been questioning whether or not she wants to continue being a CSI. Following an explosive row with Greg Sanders in the crime department's locker room, the final straw came for Sara when she was ordered to reopen a case that she and Nick had bungled a few years back, involving a suspected 12-year-old murderess (Unusual Suspect). a case from her past that haunts her, and she makes the decision to leave.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING:
David Phillips: David Berman
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
Ronnie Lake: Jessica Lucas

GUEST CAST:
Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
Hannah West: Juliette Goglia
Marlon West: Douglas Smith
Jordan Rockwell: Riley Smith
Kira Dellinger: Holland Roden
Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
Adam Jiminez: Rene L. Moreno
Kim Jiminez: Onahoua Rodriguez
Monica: Julianna Guill
Frat Pledge #1: David Drinkwater
Frat Pledge #2: Brandon Hillis
Frat Pledge #3: Jason Layden
Frat Pledge #4: David Thomas Jenkins
Frat Pledge #5: Marcus McGee
Sexy Coed: April Eden
Male Lover: Zachary Abel
Judy Tremont: Victoria Prescott
Officer: DeLon Howell
Lanie: Ashley Bell

TELEPLAY BY: Allen MacDonald and Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers
STORY BY: Allen MacDonald and Sara Goldfinger
DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

LINKS: Thanks To:
"The Futon Critic"
CSI Files 'CSI' Says 'Goodbye And Hello'
CSI Files "Sara Says Goodbye"
"Unusual Suspect" Episode Transcript

It says the story was written by Sara Goldfinger and she is the creator of some of the greatest GSR scenes, so her presence comforts me a little. :)

Funny, Greg doesn't seem the type to get in an 'explosive' row with anybody & he and Sara are friends.

sounds like an interesting episode but Greg and Sara fighting is something I have trouble picturing.

Looks like this Hannah girl will really get to Sara once again. Well, that is how I am interpreting the promo anyway! Guess everyone has their breaking point.

Hannah was quite the manipulater the first time around. This tme should be equally as good, no wonder Sara reaches the breaking point.

As for the fight between Sara and Greg, I'm excited to see what happens. Angsty Greg is quite different from the happy Greg, it'l show some nice range.

this will be one bad episode to sit through...i don't even know if i will watch it.

I can't stand that Hannah girl, she was terrible the first time around. And now with the kiss, blah. It is pretty crappy of CBS to show the kiss in the preview though, if i were a shipper, i would be mad at that.

I just hope the writers don't make Greg out to be the bad guy in the "explosive row" with Sara. I'd really be disappointed if they did.

I don't remember Sara and Nick messing up that case at all. I've seen the episode twice, but I wouldn't put blame on anyone. The girl scammed the system. She figured it out and got away with it, but I don't remember it being any of the investigators fault.

If I remember correctly, Nick said he still thought Marlon killed her, but Sara was sure Hannah did it. They went with Hannah.

Can anyone refresh my memory in what episode we already saw Hannah in?

I'd ask this in the episode/character question thread, but I don't want to spoil anyone who doesn't know Hannah will be in this ep. :)

_Hush_ said: Can anyone refresh my memory in what episode we already saw Hannah in?

I'd ask this in the episode/character question thread, but I don't want to spoil anyone who doesn't know Hannah will be in this ep. :)
No problem, here is a script for that episode if you want to read through it. "UNUSUAL SUSPECT", The Summery says this, During trial, the teenaged defendant's twelve-year old sister confesses to the brutal murder of a high school teenage girl. Nick and the rest of the team must re-examine the evidence to determine who is telling the truth.

As a shipper i am mad as hell at CBS for showing that kiss in the preview! Years waiting and i just saw it on youtube??

Anyway, from the promos, the final scene is pretty obvious to me: Sara wil probably say to Grissom something like "i'll see you later", kiss, and then as she walks away with that sad face, she KNOWS she's not going to see him in a while. And as we see her driving away in the cab we'll probably hear the letter that she left for Grissom being read. Like when Sara read Grissom's letter.

I hate the fact that so much has been revealed, even if i was looking for spoilers. All those pictures and videos was just too much.

I don't think they bungle the case (why is it Nick always is the screw up guy).

Nick was very sure that Marlon did it, but because Hannah stood up in court and claimed she did it that put doubt in the jury's mind.

Unless there something there that the two of them missed.

I heard the parents of Marlon and Hannah are dead. Did the writers seriously kill off the parents. Both parents?

That's an easy way to get a plot about angry parents out of the way.

Back