George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I seem to be one of the few people here who can't read this article :(

The site won't load for me :(

Anyway... from what you guys posted so far we're lucky to get continuation again! I love that! :D

Really can't wait for Thursday (in my case Friday) now! But... it's only Thuesday :(

For NickyFan because we can't have her missing out on all the Nick goodness. :)

With the 11th season of CSI currently airing in the US and the show's 10th run just out on DVD in the UK, we decided to catch up with series star George Eads (the impossibly square-jawed Nick Stokes) to chat about the CBS drama's past, present and future, and his character's recent emotional trauma. We also got the inside scoop on this Thursday's episode, which sees pop idol Justin Bieber make his second appearance as troublesome teen Jason McCann. Just a quick word of warning - a few spoilers lurk below!

Have you enjoyed playing Nick's most recent storyline? He seemed to almost have a mental breakdown.
"Yeah, and I want to continue that. It makes sense that this job would wear down on these guys and I've tried to have a few moments where Nick has these emotional asides with the audience."

Is it a challenge playing Nick, since he tends to get quite emotionally involved with a lot of his cases?
"Yeah, it can be challenging. But, I mean, these guys [who work as CSI's] cannot see death every day like they do, and not have it affect them. So I enjoy the fact that Nick gets emotionally involved."

What's coming up for Nick later this season?
"He's pretty much going to get sick of people attacking him for just doing his job. Nick doesn't get upset by this, he gets mad! It's like, 'How dare you attack me when I'm just doing my job, protecting people?!'."

Nick's known as a bit of a ladies man, so is there any chance he'll get a love interest any time soon?
"I get that question a lot. Everyone always says that Nick's known as a ladies man, but we never see him with any women! Except we saw him with a prostitute! I think if they were to do that, it would have to work organically with the episode or the season when we were doing it. I wouldn't want to just put it in there for no reason. It would have to be organic."

How has it been working with Justin Bieber this season?
It's been great. He's got his film coming out [Never Say Never] I think in March, but when I originally worked with him, I didn't realize what a child prodigy he is! When we were shooting that first episode, I didn't think of him as a musician, I just thought of him as an actor. He was great to work with and just a really sweet, down-to-earth kid."

What can you tell us about Justin's return to the show in Thursday's episode?
"Well, he's cast as this troubled teen, which is ironic, because it's kind of the opposite of what everybody knows him as. But he's back, causing trouble, and we have a face-off. Unfortunately for him, I'm the series regular!"

How has it been working with Laurence Fishburne, who has been a regular on the show for over a season now?
"Yeah, I've been working with Laurence Fishburne for almost two years now. It's great for me to work with him because he is one of my acting heroes and he's one of the reasons I got into the business. It's like a musician getting to go up on the stage with Joe Satriani! When Laurence first started, I told him I was a little bit scared of him, because the characters he plays are always intimidating! But he's a really generous actor and a really nice guy. I've learnt a lot from him."

Having played Nick for over a decade, do you have much input into where your character goes?
"I've always had input, pretty much from season two onwards. But even more since Billy [Peterson] left, the producers want to hear where we see our characters going. We're at the stage now where I can call them up if I have ideas about dialogue or something I'd like to change, and they're not going to shout down the phone at me!"

Now that CSI is in its 11th season, what do you think has kept the show fresh for so long?
"I think it's the actors who still enjoy getting up and going to work on the show. The show has such a loyal audience in the US, not to mention internationally. We have a huge audience internationally. That support makes it easy to get up and go to work every morning!"

Susan

For NickyFan because we can't have her missing out on all the Nick goodness. :)

With the 11th season of CSI currently airing in the US and the show's 10th run just out on DVD in the UK, we decided to catch up with series star George Eads (the impossibly square-jawed Nick Stokes) to chat about the CBS drama's past, present and future, and his character's recent emotional trauma. We also got the inside scoop on this Thursday's episode, which sees pop idol Justin Bieber make his second appearance as troublesome teen Jason McCann. Just a quick word of warning - a few spoilers lurk below!

Have you enjoyed playing Nick's most recent storyline? He seemed to almost have a mental breakdown.
"Yeah, and I want to continue that. It makes sense that this job would wear down on these guys and I've tried to have a few moments where Nick has these emotional asides with the audience."

Is it a challenge playing Nick, since he tends to get quite emotionally involved with a lot of his cases?
"Yeah, it can be challenging. But, I mean, these guys [who work as CSI's] cannot see death every day like they do, and not have it affect them. So I enjoy the fact that Nick gets emotionally involved."

What's coming up for Nick later this season?
"He's pretty much going to get sick of people attacking him for just doing his job. Nick doesn't get upset by this, he gets mad! It's like, 'How dare you attack me when I'm just doing my job, protecting people?!'."

Nick's known as a bit of a ladies man, so is there any chance he'll get a love interest any time soon?
"I get that question a lot. Everyone always says that Nick's known as a ladies man, but we never see him with any women! Except we saw him with a prostitute! I think if they were to do that, it would have to work organically with the episode or the season when we were doing it. I wouldn't want to just put it in there for no reason. It would have to be organic."

How has it been working with Justin Bieber this season?
It's been great. He's got his film coming out [Never Say Never] I think in March, but when I originally worked with him, I didn't realize what a child prodigy he is! When we were shooting that first episode, I didn't think of him as a musician, I just thought of him as an actor. He was great to work with and just a really sweet, down-to-earth kid."

What can you tell us about Justin's return to the show in Thursday's episode?
"Well, he's cast as this troubled teen, which is ironic, because it's kind of the opposite of what everybody knows him as. But he's back, causing trouble, and we have a face-off. Unfortunately for him, I'm the series regular!"

How has it been working with Laurence Fishburne, who has been a regular on the show for over a season now?
"Yeah, I've been working with Laurence Fishburne for almost two years now. It's great for me to work with him because he is one of my acting heroes and he's one of the reasons I got into the business. It's like a musician getting to go up on the stage with Joe Satriani! When Laurence first started, I told him I was a little bit scared of him, because the characters he plays are always intimidating! But he's a really generous actor and a really nice guy. I've learnt a lot from him."

Having played Nick for over a decade, do you have much input into where your character goes?
"I've always had input, pretty much from season two onwards. But even more since Billy [Peterson] left, the producers want to hear where we see our characters going. We're at the stage now where I can call them up if I have ideas about dialogue or something I'd like to change, and they're not going to shout down the phone at me!"

Now that CSI is in its 11th season, what do you think has kept the show fresh for so long?
"I think it's the actors who still enjoy getting up and going to work on the show. The show has such a loyal audience in the US, not to mention internationally. We have a huge audience internationally. That support makes it easy to get up and go to work every morning!"

Susan

Aww thank you, blackflag :) That's nice of you! :D

I love all the new George/Nick bits we're getting lately. It's so great to see him finally getting the attention he deserves. Nick has grown so much over the years and it's great that he gets this much screentime every week :D

Thanks blackflag! :)

I agree, it's great seeing so much on him lately. Hope it continues, Bieber-free, too. :)

I like his answer to the love-interest thing. We've never really seen him with women, except Kristy, and sort-of that detective from Sex, Lies, and Larvae. It sounds like if it does happen, at least he'll try to have it make sense, not just be thrown in for the sake of doing it.

Definitely looking forward to Thursday's ep now, although I think I'm in the minority in hoping Nick isn't too emotionally beat up. :p

blissysmile.gif

NEW THREAD!

I love that George has the most threads. Between Texan Charm and the Ward that's 53 threads. :eek:

Thanks for the article, Blackflag!

I loved his series regular comment. :D

Just gotta love him. :adore:

ctess over on Nick_Discussion found this interview with George. It's not much. No spoilers. Just George talking a little last season and about working with Fishburne. How he got the job of Nick Stokes. :)

The real world of C.S.I. Nick Stokes

George Eads talks TV's top crime series and Laurence Fishburne kicking ass

Geroge Eads, aka Nick Stokes in C.S.I: Vegas, has clocked up 252 appearances across 11 seasons of the crime-solving television series. It's become a worldwide hit and in season nine Hollywood's Laurence Fishburne made the transition to small screen, becoming a regular fixture in season 10. With season 10 of C.S.I. now out to own, I caught up with George for his thought on the latest season and a reflection on how he got the role that broadcast him into homes across the globe.

Season 10 of C.S.I: Vegas opens with a famous bullet time sequence, the most expensive sequence ever filmed for television. In it the C.S.I. cast are pictured in different states of attack, and George was impressed with director Kenneth Fink's abilities behind the camera. "I loved that opening sequence", he said, "it's one of my favourite we've done on the show. It's fun to watch. I always hope to be the guy to do the cool thing the first time, and this was a first for TV. I really hope to work with Fink again." The bullet time sequence used fishing line to hold objects in the air and simulate movement while the actors held their poses. It required Eads to pull a mean expression as Stokes chases after the bad guys. He added: "I've got an aggressive look on my face - I was thinking, could I get away with it? I loved seeing Fish karate kick that guy through the window."

'Fish' is Eads' nickname for Laurence Fishburne - Dr. Raymond Langston - the new main man of C.S.I. Eads is full of praise for the new leading man who completes his first full season on season 10. "It's been great, he's a really nice guy," says Eads. "Fish is cool away from camera and it's fun to be intense with him - he knows what he is doing." In season 10 Fishburne gets a a full taste of what life will be like on C.S.I. Eads explains: "Fish has some growth, has his life threatened, he goes full circle in the series. He is taking no S-H-I-T!"

Eads is a proud man to have been part of C.S.I: Vegas since the first episode back in 2000 as Nick Stokes. He said: "I have a lot of pride, I take notes at night, get a coffee as soon as I get to the office." As the model professional, he is also keen to keep work out of the home, set to get married in the summer and start a family. He adds: "We've Been together since the first day we met and I try not to bring the work home. Sometimes we watch an episode together and rewind to rewatch scenes and laugh but I need to take breaks, after 10 months of filming I'm exhausted by the end of it so need to get out and play golf, grow my hair out and relax."

Despite C.S.I. breaking through the 10 year mark, Eads is still as excited as ever to be Nick Stokes. He said: "C.S.I. is as fresh as ever. We've got the right people involved: 23 episodes is a lot, you've got to love what you are doing. The characters evoke, develop through the series. If you had a marathon session and watched all the episodes in one go you'd really see them change from start to finish." Although Eads has become famous for playing George Eads, he never looked for the part in the first place and feels privileged to have been handed the role. He said: "After my audition the producer asked me 'why do you want this job?' and I replied 'I need the work man, I just want someone to give me a chance'. I was hired before I got in the car to leave the office. I've been there since the start and I want to see it to the end - I hope to go out with a bang." Looking ahead to the next series already airing in the States, Eads claims: "People are really going to dig season 11."

Susan

Here is the audio to that interview I posted. :adore: :adore:

ETA: Now that I've listened to it...it has a lot more stuff than the print interview had. :)

Last edited:
Here is the audio to that interview I posted. :adore: :adore:

ETA: Now that I've listened to it...it has a lot more stuff than the print interview had. :)

Have I ever mentioned that I could just listen to him talk all day? :adore:

Gotta love when there's a Nick-a-sode. So many interviews come out. :luvlove: The only problem is I suffer from withdrawal afterwards. :lol:

Susan

Gotta check out the two videos our news section just posted.

:adore: you just gotta love him.

I love the second one where he's on the KTLA news stage.

Listening to your audio now, Smokey! Thanks for posting it. :D

Last edited:
I love in one of the ones Blackflag put in the spoiler thread how the news guy says, "George is a party in a box!" :guffaw:

I am loving all these George interviews! Having Beiber on the show has been good for us George fans.

I love that George is doing all this press. Yeah, I'm sure it's because Justin Beiber is on the show, but, hell, I'll take it.

We're lucky that it's not someone like Dita Von Teese? (whatever), as then no one would care and we might not be seeing all these George interviews. :D

It's great to be a Nick fan. :D

I loved the KTLA interview, that one was fun.

Love that we get a tiny glimpse as to how George is off screen. ;)

I knew we were going to go into 'The Who' as soon as Nick called the bomb squad. Their timing of the switching between 'A' and 'B' stories was most annoying. Build us Nick fans up on a high, Get us all worried, then switch to Haskell! :scream:

Would have liked to see a little more of Nick after shooting McCann but I kinda think I knew we wouldn't.

Nicky, are you ready for 2 more trips to therapy? I know that will make Catherine happy. She doesn't really think you should have stopped after just 2.

It's about time that enough happened to make Nick mad. :lol: How long have we been waiting to see Nick get mad at a situation? It was nice to see him let some of it out instead of all that internalizing.

I do think my favorite scene was Nick and Catherine in the hospital. Catherine has always been there protecting Nick and I love that he's going to protect her. :adore:

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back