Flack Daddy

The lack of apperance of the parents in COTP does tend to lead into the whole fannon thing that Flack Jnr and Flack Snr dont get along.

This could be something that may crop up laiter. They hinted at Brass's family for a while before you saw any sign of them.

^Good point. After all there are hopefully still a lot of seasons after this one and they can always use a story like that.

I'd like to see someone like Donald Sutherland play Flack's dad.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
GregsAngel said:
:eek: i thought u ment flack was going to be a daddylolol :) :D
I thought you meant Flack was spanking Danny, saying, "Who's your Daddy?" :lol: :lol:

Yes, please? I vote for this! :lol: ;)

I remember a while back in a similar discussion someone brought up Scott Bakula. I think he'd be good, but he's so warm and lovable that he might not have the hardness to him that I picture Flack's father having. I see him being tall but well-built and physically imposing.

Bullet_Girl said:
LOL

I think your mind is in the gutter at the moment MrsG :p

Have any of us known it be anywhere else?! ;) I agree though - I was really disappointed we didn't even get a hint of his parents giving a damn they had come so close to losing their son :( It was all about Mac, and the fact Flack was so badly injured the writers could have brought his parents in somewhere (although at the time of watching I was just concerned about Flack and not really thinking "where's dad?") :lol:

As to who would play Flack senior - I too think it would have to be someone imposing, who has the ability to "take over" the screen because I think it's been set up that father and son don't get on any and I think having an actor who could do that would be a great way of showing that and could lead to some fantastic scenes with Eddie. After seeing him in "The West Wing" in some amazing scenes and storylines, Martin Sheen although not an obvious choice straight off would be more than capable, I'm just not sure how they'd explain such an obvious height difference! :lol:

Even though I have answered this in the other thread. I still think Gabriel Byrne would be great as Flack's dad. For one they both have the dark hair and blue eyes. And if you have seen some of his work he could pull off the harshness that I think senior would have. ;)

Top41 said:

I remember a while back in a similar discussion someone brought up Scott Bakula. I think he'd be good, but he's so warm and lovable that he might not have the hardness to him that I picture Flack's father having. I see him being tall but well-built and physically imposing.
That was me. :) I had even posted a picture of him. **runs to photobucket**

scott.jpg

BTW, while I love Mark Harmon and he could play a good papa Flack. He's already the lead actor on NCIS and I wonder if he'd actually want to/be able to play papa Flack?

You know, looking at that picture, Rhonda, I agree with you about him being a good choice. I'm not terribly familiar with his acting, but he's been around a while, so I'm sure he's great. ;)

I found some more recent pictures of Scott Bakula from when he was on Enterprise. I'm gonna pretend I didn't see him in The New Adventures of Old Christine (long hair...um no).

A couple pics are too big so I'll post the links.

Scott1
scott2

scott43.jpg

scott23.jpg

With a trim of his hair, maybe darken it and add some gray, give him blue contacts, and a nice suit, he could make a great daddy Flack and I think he would be believeable.

Fay and I were talking on Messenger and we've come to this conclusion (well Fay thought of it and I just agreed :p): We want an actor that just walks into the scene and we immediately know he's Flack's dad. If he gets the attitude and mannerisms down, he could pull it off. I can see Flack being a lot like his dad but apparently Flack is more likeable.

Mark Harmon looks too... I don't know, nice to be Flack sr. I always picture someone a bit sterner and more all-business. A tough guy, ya know? Harmon just doesn't give me that vibe. Dennis Farina does it for me. He could definitely pull off the detective in Law and Order, so I think he could do it on CSI: New York.

Gabriel Byrne would be a good choice as well.

Hehe, Rhonda. ;)

I don't think Scott would even need the contacts. What color are his eyes naturally? I think Eddie Cahill has a blue that would be hard to imitate successfully, and I'd rather have a completely different color than to have it be obvious that it's contacts. ;) Besides, two brown-eyed parents can have a blue-eyed child. ;)

But yeah, about the behaviors--that's what will really sell it for me, and it would just make me such a happy bunny if we saw a guy walk into the precinct and just think 'is that...?' :p

The very idea of scenes between Flack and his father is exciting--Eddie is a phenomenal actor, and if they got someone with that kind of talent to play opposite him, it would be golden. :D Like I said before, I'm not terribly familiar with Scott's work, but I think he could pull it off. ;) Physically, he looks enough like Eddie for it to be passable (he could have inherited his mother's looks, after all ;)), and it's the other stuff that would really convince me. :D

Actor Robert Culp, star of the original I Spy series with Bill Cosby, would make a good choice for Flacks dad. Culp is also 6 feet 2 inches tall. But he was about 47 years old when Eddie Cahill was born. Anyone remember him? He played the father in law, Warren, in several episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond.

^ I remember Robert Culp, and think he'd make a great Daddy Flack. Of course, if we wanted to go third generation, he'd make a good Grandpa Flack also. Three generations of badass are right on our screen.

Back