Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back GDB (is that ok to call you that?!) Lots of news and pics to catch up on eh?!

I just realised I can't watch the CSI season premiere until the Saturday after it airs!! Thursday is a rehearsal dinner for a friend getting married, Friday is the wedding and Saturday, well lets just say I'm looking forward to 'recovering' by curling up under a blanket and watching CSI!

I'm really looking forward to this season, hoping to see lots of Greg out in the field where he belongs!

Don't feel bad. I won't be able to watch it until I get home from work every Thursday night. I just hope my DVR does not fail me in recording it weekly.

In case any of you had trouble with the translation of that interview, here it is...done by online translator.
No Grissom nor Dr. Langston to the horizon at the last Television Festival of Monte-Carlo. The boss of "experts" have preferred to leave the dirty work to their subordinates, Greg Sanders.

The lab technician has yet developed well in nine seasons. The blue rooms forensic where he went to the geek service, Greg has finally reached the ground and gain the respect of his colleagues. A trend that is not displeasing to his interpreter, Eric Szmanda. Rather shy, the 34 year old actor is glad at the table when it comes to talking about music.

To put to you at ease, do we confirm that you appeared in a clip of Marilyn Manson, “Saint”?
Yes, I know Marilyn Manson well because one of my old friends was his personal assistant. And I agreed to play in one of his clips, before knowing that I would have a scene with a transvestite! But I am an artist and I seized the occasions, even when they are shocking.

You had other experiences in the music?
I was a DJ in college. Then, I have been trading for five years for the record company BMG. Fortunately, my acting career took off and I could keep a regular role on TV.

Speak to us about the evolution of Greg.
I am very happy that my character is spent in field labs. I suggested to the writers because Greg has always been curious about what was happening outside. Good, because the lab can be really boring. Greg was a rookie then, and I hope he will meet more in future episodes. It is time that this is me who to yell at someone!

Which memory do you keep departure of William Petersen (Grissom)?
It was very sad. I was not working that day but I found it important to go on the shelf life for this moment. It was difficult to accept his decision. When I went to see his play last fall, I felt that he was happy.

How does the transition with Laurence Fishburne occur?
I thought that working with him would be intimidating, but it's cool. His character, Dr. Langston, full of hidden mysteries will be revealed during the season 9.

I love that they mentioned he was rather shy. I think that is what makes me love him even more, that bit of shyness he tends to display.

Last edited:
Hey, I found a slightly longer interview with him from Monte Carlo! :adore:

(Haha, they showed a pic of George when he talked about Jorja..)

Thank you Ankelia for the find and for sharing! Loved it!:adore:

Thank you for that. Didn't get to see the original! This interview shows how smart he is and how intuitive he is about the show and its characters! I hope we do get to see Greg step up to the plate this season! I can't believe the premiere is this thursday! :eek: That came up fast. I probably won't get to watch it until this weekend either. Work gets in the way of everything :lol: Thank goodnes for dvr! :lol:

Yeah one more week until the premiere. Although I wish it was this Thursday as I am off but that is only for this week. :(

Yeah, I wish it was this week too. But I think that interview with the cast on ET is this thursday.

Aww man, why can't they come to The Experience in Dublin?! Speaking of which, I really much organise a time to go with friends!!

I believe Wallace Langham was there last month actually.

Yes the ET interview with the cast will be on Thursday. They are airing all the TV show interviews one week prior to their shows actual season premiere. So set those DVR or whatever you have for Thursday.

Here's a clip of tonight's ET interview with the cast thanks to Erica who posted the link in the Marg thread.

Was it me or didn't he really know the theme song (or he just wasn't in the mood to hum along) :lol:

Last edited:
I noticed too that he didn't seem to be humming along. :lol: I could only really hear Marg and George (and Mary). :lol:

I think he was humming along but very quietly. :lol: If you listen at the very end he does say "We should go out on the road with that." :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back