• Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Going Canon, Baby!

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the writers may be thinking to keep eric and calleigh together for as long as possible. i'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but Smoke Gets in Your CSI's had as much ratings as Resurection did, so EC is sure bringing in high ratings. I'm not saying that i want their relationship to be perfect cause that's just not possible. I'm just thinking that it would be great to have their relationship last as long as possible with a few kinks in between.

You know I went back to look at all the old scenes of how they flirted and were shy around each other. You saw the uncomfortableness on their faces, Calleigh throwing hints every now and then (flowers, chocolate, etc.) and him holding back, filled with hesitation. I just think its exciting and cute to have watched this from the beginning and now they are together. Doing things together, making big decisions, etc. They will always have this certain bond that no one could break (pay attention writers) and will have each other's backs no matter what. They've both been through so much in the past 3-4 years and if it takes them fighting for each other as a united front, than that's love.

I think Kristine said it best about these two in her review of the ep....

Together, Delko and Calleigh are every bit as solid and frankly downright cute together as we'd expect them to be. When he's in jail, she gently tells him he should have told her about what was going on with him. When he tells her he feels like he's been living a lie, she lightly counters with, "It's alright. I happen to like the lie." At the end, she's waiting for him when he gets out of jail, jokingly telling him, "I was going to marry you, but your dad stepped in." Delko, relieved of the threat of deportation, banters right back, saying, "What makes you think I'd say yes? Maybe I met someone I like better inside." She invites him over for dinner, and when he reminds her of possible danger, she retorts, "I have the safest home in Miami. Do you know how many guns I have?" The rapport between them is breezy, natural and light-hearted--they're a couple that we have fun watching. Grissom and Sara on CSI were a lot more serious, and Danny and Lindsay on CSI: New York could barely be in a room together without fighting before this season, so it's nice to see a couple on a CSI show just having fun together and enjoying joking together back and forth. It's great to see Delko and Calleigh have finally found their way to each other, and I can't wait to see where the show will take them next.

They are cute together...something none of the CSI's have touched on in the ship's they have done thus far. GSR tended to be more angst filled and there seemed to be some deeper repression where their relationship was concerned. D/L is more the type of "work" relationship you have with a co-worker. They tend to show them and their "scenes" almost all while they are at work or are working a case; showing the more serious side of a ship...as Kristine says they tended to be more standoffish before this season and the pregnancy.

E/C's cuteness along with their sex appeal, I think is what pulled me into this ship all those years ago...their playful banter back in season 1 and their often not so subtle lingering looks (Death Grip), the innuendo filled "no midnight tiptoe" comment and the signature hip hug, all sealed the deal for me. Not to mention that they are a very good looking ship ;) E/C shows how a deep rooted friendship can grow into something more while being fun, cute and exciting. Considering the "darker" turn this season has and will ultimately take, it is nice to see a ray of sunshine admist the darkness.

I totally agree. They are adorable together and I like the fact they can joke around with each other and have fun. I didn't think about that, the Mr and Mrs Smith film and Calleigh with the guns. I can just picture Calliegh's home now, she's not to be messed with :bolian:

I pose a question to you all: Do you guys think that Cal's statement about her protecting Eric, even though it was light hearted, is a type of foreshadowing for something? Either concerning them, or the ongoing storyline of the season?

I am going to answer my own question...simply b/c I haven't yet! :lol:

If it is indeed a possibly foreshadowing of something, b/c this IS Miami and nothing really every gets forgotten just left behind until it is time to bring it up again, I think it will have to do with them and Stetler.

As I have said in earlier posts, I think Cal is going to be the one to fall on her sword and beat Eric to the punch of switching shifts. He has been through soo much already this season so I could picture her trying to take some of the strain and protect him....I mean he practically lost his identity; how do you think he'd feel if he lost working with H and the team too? She wouldn't let that happen

That is not to say ;) that should a situation arise where she would need to physically protect him, she wouldn't do so...although, as someone else said, I think these two have been through even "crisises" for one season...so more emotional protecting would be better than "Mr & Mrs. Smith" protecting ;)

about calleigh protecting eric..
i definitley agree with all of you guys that she would take the fall for him and if she had to go to the night shift because of stetler that she would. but then she would definitley get back to her old job with horatio and eric (and the others) right? how long could they keep them apart, like how many episodes? i couldnt even imagine them being able to focus knowing that they werent working together like they had been for the past few years.. would it just be like a season finale thing and then an episode or two into the new season they all would somehow come back together? or is it gonna be something with ryan getting in trouble and not them at all..
do we know anything about the season finale yet?

See, I've had three people ask me that question; my mom, my best friend and a co-worker. I'm freaked to think that Cal's comments to Eric may be foreshadowing. It scares me to death to think that Calleigh might have to protect Eric for real and then something really, really bad happening to one of them. Using a piece of Eric's line from 7.14 - I can't imagine the show without them LOL.

Sure, let's have her stand up for him if she needs to (relationship-wise) or maybe a little gun drama or something but I'm hoping that nothing really big happens. I just want them to be a happy couple. :)

about calleigh protecting eric..
i definitley agree with all of you guys that she would take the fall for him and if she had to go to the night shift because of stetler that she would. but then she would definitley get back to her old job with horatio and eric (and the others) right? how long could they keep them apart, like how many episodes? i couldnt even imagine them being able to focus knowing that they werent working together like they had been for the past few years.. would it just be like a season finale thing and then an episode or two into the new season they all would somehow come back together? or is it gonna be something with ryan getting in trouble and not them at all..
do we know anything about the season finale yet?

Oh yeah of course Cal would come back to the team!! ;) If they were to be split up, I think it would only be for one or two eps before super H :D, figured out a way to get that person back on his team and make Stetler eat his words :lol:

I really am hoping that if something does happens where she has to protect him it'll be more on the emotional side of things. They have been through too many dangerous, life-threatening situations already...both of them. I think that I would be ok (and actually want to see :cool:) with physical danger if the situation was something on the simpler side like a suspect suddenly becoming violent, because ok they are still cops so stuff like this will happen. Plus it would be so cool to see pissed, protective Calleigh react :cool:. But stuff that is more life-threatening like getting shot, kidnappings, one of them ending in the hospital, or cranes smashing into buildings IMO it would be too much. They need a break and simply enjoy each other. If it's more on the emotional side like with Stetler, or with his father issues then I'm 100% for it.

I hope that made sense, I can't seem to write it as to get my point across clearly :lol:

To answer delkolover's question:

I absolutely think that her comment about protecting him is most likely a foreshadowing of events to come. I agree with those of you who have said that it may be more of an emotional side to things as opposed to the physical confrontations. Because really how many more times can either of these two be kidnapped or shot or put in danger than they already have. :rolleyes:

I am all for seeing the emotional side of Calleigh come out when it comes to protecting her relationship with Eric against anyone who tries to come between them. We all know that Eric will fight tooth and nail for them, I am sure that Calleigh will too. I would love to see her put Stetler in his place, that is always fun to watch :lol:

Foreshadowing? Haha! I think it's almost obvious now that something will happen. As someone said before about she saying 'i may kill speedle' and about Ron Sarris' boat exploding - it was kinda clear to me that he'd pop up again. On my season 5 DVD, it's said that the writers like to have back some of the sctors cause they bring so much to the screen, and they act well so, yeah. I know that was a stretch but yeah Calleigh will help him.
I'm getting in the finale?

What could the finale possibly be about if all the drama seems to come out now? It MUST be breath taking, right? And maybe some major EC

I'd like to pose a question as well, if that's alright with everyone. I just hope folks actually see it. :D

Question: How much Eric/Calleigh romance do you want to see on the show in the future? Do you want to see them doing something cute, like holding hands or kissing, etc, every episode, every other episode, every few episodes, or even less? Do you want glimpses into their life as a couple after work, on dates, and so on?

I guess that was actually three questions. Sorry... answer them as you see fit. :)

I really am hoping that if something does happens where she has to protect him it'll be more on the emotional side of things. ~snip~
I think that I would be ok (and actually want to see :cool:) with physical danger if the situation was something on the simpler side like a suspect suddenly becoming violent, because ok they are still cops so stuff like this will happen. ~snip~
If it's more on the emotional side like with Stetler, or with his father issues then I'm 100% for it.

Hmmmmmm...foreshadowing. Possibly, yes I could see that.
Maybe something to do with Stetler and her protecting their relationship.
Or if it has to be physical ...like hiphugger17 said...something on the simpler side. Like something where a suspect gets violent and jums him and she comes to the rescue. That could be interesting.

I'd like to pose a question as well, if that's alright with everyone. I just hope folks actually see it. :D

Question: How much Eric/Calleigh romance do you want to see on the show in the future? Do you want to see them doing something cute, like holding hands or kissing, etc, every episode, every other episode, every few episodes, or even less? Do you want glimpses into their life as a couple after work, on dates, and so on?

I guess that was actually three questions. Sorry... answer them as you see fit. :)

I would love to see a few cute scenes like them flirting or joking about something that they discussed while at home the night before....I would absolutely love it if Cal made a joke about the possibility of Eric snoring or something!! :lol: I think that would be really cute. And then someone walks in on thier conversation and asks what is so funny and they are like "nothing" ;)

I've said from the beginning that I wouldn't have a problem seeing things between them like every other ep, or every two eps....just knowing they are together makes me happy. Ya know if in an ep we don't get a conversation or PDA then some little gesture like a smile or something works for me just fine.

I'll bite. I know because this is a procedural show that we will not get to see them doing the "couple" thing every second of the show but things that we have seen like the stolen glances or the flirty banter back and forth is enough because we know that they are together now. :D I would love to see them out on a date because I could totally see Eric wining and dining her like a queen. An insight to their time together away from the lab might be too much to ask, but it is something I would love to see.

Ok, so I might not have answered all of the questions, but you get my point right? :lol:

delkolover said:
I would love to see a few cute scenes like them flirting or joking about something that they discussed while at home the night before....I would absolutely love it if Cal made a joke about the possibility of Eric snoring or something!! :lol: I think that would be really cute. And then someone walks in on thier conversation and asks what is so funny and they are like "nothing" ;)

I've said from the beginning that I wouldn't have a problem seeing things between them like every other ep, or every two eps....just knowing they are together makes me happy. Ya know if in an ep we don't get a conversation or PDA then some little gesture like a smile or something works for me just fine.

I would just say DITTO!
But I guess I'll pontificate. I don't need, want, or desire any major PDA... just enough comments/looks/flirts/guilty pleasures to let me know that it's still there. I enjoy the procedural/case solving part of the show and don't want it taken over by a romance.
A sprinkling here and there is enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back