Episode 7x09 - 'Power Trip' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Im a total lover of all things to do with Eric and Calleigh. I whish they would continue something along those lines. I thought for sure after Calleigh read Erics notes where he said he wanted to settle down with her that something more would come of it. I dont want them to just be thrown into a relationship either but Im dying here waiting to see if anythings ever gonna happen with them.

You should absolutely come and join us in the Shipper Central :)

I can't wait to see this epi. I don't have much time now, but in few days I'll be able to watch it.

Loves how the eppie started, Eric looked sooo :drool:. Ryans looked really cute :).

I had a feeling it was gonna be that cop. Hated the argument with Calleigh and Eric, i was expecting a hiphugger scene :(. Hated the way Tara looked at Eric :scream: and i didnt like the way he looked at her, it kinda looked like he checked her out for a min and then looked at her face...could we be gettin the old Eric back??:eek: the confident-about-himself Eric? :confused:. And wasnt Calleigh meant to be giving a dirty look at Tara? i didnt see it, they must have taken it out for some reason. Eww did you see Erics motel room, it was gross, he had food and clothes everywhere :lol:, and i noticed the pills but there was quite a lot and i wonder why hes staying there?.
The ending was a bit weird, when Frank walked up to H, he must of told him that reggie hung himself.

Overall, it was a great episode, definatly one of the best weve had but only because the way it started, if it hadnt started that way i know i woudnt have liked it that much.

When does the next eppie air??

Last edited:
Loves how the eppie started, Eric looked sooo :drool:. Ryans looked really cute :).

I had a feeling it was gonna be that cop. Hated the argument with Calleigh and Eric, i was expecting a hiphugger scene :(. Hated the way Tara looked at Eric :scream: and i didnt like the way he looked at her, it kinda looked like he checked her out for a min and then looked at her face...could we be gettin the old Eric back??:eek: the confident-about-himself Eric? :confused:. And wasnt Calleigh meant to be giving a dirty look at Tara? i didnt see it, they must have taken it out for some reason. Eww did you see Erics motel room, it was gross, he had food and clothes everywhere :lol:, and i noticed the pills but there was quite a lot and i wonder why hes staying there?.
The ending was a bit weird, when Frank walked up to H, he must of told him that reggie hung himself.

Overall, it was a great episode, definatly one of the best weve had but only because the way it started, if it hadnt started that way i know i woudnt have liked it that much.

When does the next eppie air??

I caught the look too. :scream: He belongs to Calleigh :scream:

Next episode is on 12/08 :scream:

I think that the kid with Ryan was his nephew. In a previous episode didn't he give money to Calleigh to buy the kid an iPod maybe?

No, that was his niece (Calleigh said neice anyway) that he had Calleigh pick up the Ipod for. But, there's nothing that says he can't also have a nephew.

Oh duh, Megan. I knew that, I guess I was having a brain fart. :lol:

Thanks for the additional info though GregNickRyanFan, that really explains a lot.

Billy (the little boy) is supposed to be 8 yrs old according to the casting info for this episode. I think the niece is supposed to have been 12 when given the Ipod, so she'd be about 14/15 now. I wish we would get to meet her. I could see a storyline with someone being after her and her going to Ryan for help or something.

Well the episode for me was very good :thumbsup:.
The beginning, I think it was one of the best ever.
Seriously, seeing our CSI ouside from the lab & crime scene, doing whatever they were doing was both nice & refreshing for my eyes.

Eric's room was a total mess. I was :wtf: the whole time while watching it:
- The laptop on his bed was just weird.
- Oh pills, pills & pills....litte DR. House is growing up :lol:.
- Chines food (well what he left) is a must in a motel room at 8 a.m. , what time was it??? I mean it was in the morning before work.
- Pills, gun & Chinese food, there's no better combination for your mess :guffaw:.
- Also the light in his room looked like there were some blood drops on it:lol:
- No wonder why he doesn't change his look, he has just 3-4 clothes in his wardrobe.
- No wonder why it took half an hour for him to find his cellphone.

Where was Calleigh running??? :eek: At first I thought it was a dump.
Anyway loved this scene & OMG she looks just amazing also in sporsuit.

Ok Billy is just too cute as Ryan with chldren :adore:
Ryan's face when he gets the phone call is just pierceless.

The rest of the episode in itself was pretty good.
Loved that finally Calleigh & Delko argued, I mean it was just too unrealistic they never argued on anything.
Calleigh argued with everyone (the best argument was the one with Ryan) & I just wished she'd finally argue with Eric ;)
Ok when is Calleigh going to break down officialy??? I mean her look when Valera asked her if she was ok shocked me. I was "OMG!!! Calleigh breathe!!!! Plese, breathe!!!!"
The scene in the elevator was just pierceless & I always love whenever Emily Procter acts like this.

Loved also the scene with Calleigh, Ryan & Frank. I thought Frank was gonna kill both of them, especially Ryan.
It was pretty clear that the suspect that Reggie killed those women hurt him so much, especially when in the finale he tells Horatio Reggie hung himself.

Though he killed a that woman, at the end of the episode I felt for Reggie even if I'd punched him in the elevator.

Horatio, the way he was sitting at the end of the episode just cracked me up :guffaw::guffaw:

Loved also the fact that finally Natalia had more than one normal scene, yes the more I see her, the more I love her;)

Another thing that I loved was the scientific part especially at the beginning with Tara, Calleigh & Natalia :)

Wow!
I loved this episode!
The pacing was great, no bumps in the road!
Loved all of the Tripp scenes! He's finally getting something to work with!
Loved Natalia and Ryan too. They play off each other so well this season, but haven't had a lot of scenes together.
I wish we got a little more into the civilian complaint against Reggie. H was obviously very concerned at the start, but we're not sure why with so little to go on.
I would have been nice to have Stetler there to, if only to warn H about the danger the department is in because of Reggie's actions. It would have made H's concern more.
I too wish Calleigh had gone back to Eric and told him he was right!
Over all great episode!
A+

Eric in the towel was great. Didn't realize how well developed his upper body is. Calleigh should have been there to see it. :drool:

Enjoyed the Ryan family time scene (and I thought that green shirt was a beautiful color on him).

Liked that "the kids" got a lot of screen time - not quite as H-centric as most epis.

Otherwise, felt the storyline was sadly predictable (in both senses). Although, given the opthalmologist's past guest appearance on L&O:CI, I expected him to be the serial killer. :lol: Poor Reggie, if he'd just trusted H and company, instesad of letting his frustration turn him into what he hated, it all would have turned out okay for him.

I actually loved the opining scene, it was different. It showed a bit more of the "private" life. It was also interesting, Reggie wanted to catch the killer that he become a killer himself.

I actually loved the opining scene, it was different. It showed a bit more of the "private" life. It was also interesting, Reggie wanted to catch the killer that he become a killer himself.

I thought the actor who played Reggie did a really great job really making you feel like he had blinders on b/c he was soooo sure that Max did it and then he turns out to be wrong but b/c of those blinders he became the person he spent his entire career trying to put behind bars. Stuff like that really does happen and I thought he did a great job of really protraying that.

The opening sequence was cool. They seem to be experimenting more this season by trying things they have never done with the characters or stories/cases in the past. It is nice to see an established show experiment and shake things up from time to time....means they can, if they want to, keep things fresh and change with the times. Most shows that have been on this long will stay along the same path or pattern and never deviate no matter how the tastes of their veiwers change.

I really liked this episode. The beginning was great, although I wish it were a little longer. Oh, and there should have been a shirtless Ryan. :drool:

The case wasn't that interesting, but enough so that I wasn't bored to tears. I still liked the episode because we actually saw the team members and we got a little bit of characterization.

Is it just me or did we get a glimpse of the "Old H" in the ep? He seemed a little more chillaxed. I laughed out loud when he said to Reggie, "I don't know what you're doing here, man." Just the way he said it, I was like :lol:.

The ending was sad, but it made sense. Reggie was clearly a troubled man, and certainly a man of extremes. If he would take his anger to one extreme (killing a woman), it makes sense that he would take his guilt to the extreme, too.

Overall, great ep. I can't wait to see more with Ryan and the kid.

Is it just me or did we get a glimpse of the "Old H" in the ep? He seemed a little more chillaxed. I laughed out loud when he said to Reggie, "I don't know what you're doing here, man." Just the way he said it, I was like :lol:.

My sister and I were giggling at that too. :lol: It was so NYPD Blue. :lol:

delkolover said:
The opening sequence was cool. They seem to be experimenting more this season by trying things they have never done with the characters or stories/cases in the past. It is nice to see an established show experiment and shake things up from time to time....means they can, if they want to, keep things fresh and change with the times. Most shows that have been on this long will stay along the same path or pattern and never deviate no matter how the tastes of their veiwers change.

Agreed. It's so nice to see Miami finally getting on the bandwagon. I've been really impressed this season.

Horatio, the way he was sitting at the end of the episode just cracked me up :guffaw::guffaw:

What's so funny about it? I think it was terribly heartfelt - he wanted to be there for Reggie and yet probably was ashamed to look at him since Reggie really messed up and totally went against the oath taken to UPHOLD the law.

OMG!!! When ARE folks going to get off poor Horatio's back??? I realize there are Horatio lovers and Horatio haters, but really - give the guy a break... I think many of you 'haters' miss what he is really all about... sorry, but I'm gonna keep butting in protectin' the redhead... he's an intense character.

Anyway, though I do understand why he did it, it's not something I'm about to jump to the pump to condone in any fashion. Maybe Horatio should take note? Because that seems to be the next step for him if he's going to saunter down this dark dark path after killing Riaz (in self defense, admitedly), the gang member with the machete and rearranging the rapist's face. Who's to say Horatio won't take his crime fighting nature to the extreme like Reggie at some point? Maybe he won't cross that line completely or maybe he will but the similarities/differences between Reggie and Horatio stuck out in my mind during the episode. And showing the two back to back in the interrogation room solidified it for me.

Although I don't condone violence to solve problems, I think anyone is capable of crossing the line when pushed, and I'm sure even Horatio is at his wits end with some of the nonsense he's gone through. He's definitely tweaked the law at times but I would never chastise him for his actions - the people he attacked deserved it plain and simple - Riaz would never give up even if he spent the rest of his life in jail - people like that don't just disappear and the bars of a cell won't hold them back... a rapist, a pedophile - Horatio's gonna kick butt when needed. However, I think he really tries to do what's right - he honors his badge a great deal - he knows he took an oath to uphold the law - that's why that scene with Reggie at the end had a super tense feel to it.

I have to give major kudos to the writers and actors this season - they have really stepped up to the plate and run wild with these episodes. I can't imagine being disappointed at all this season based on what we have been given so far. Good job, folks :thumbsup:

What's so funny about it? I think it was terribly heartfelt - he wanted to be there for Reggie and yet probably was ashamed to look at him since Reggie really messed up and totally went against the oath taken to UPHOLD the law.

OMG!!! When ARE folks going to get off poor Horatio's back??? I realize there are Horatio lovers and Horatio haters, but really - give the guy a break... I think many of you 'haters' miss what he is really all about... sorry, but I'm gonna keep butting in protectin' the redhead... he's an intense character.
Trust me, I love him with all my heart;) (he's one of my fav. characters of the show), it's just that some positions are odd :lol:
I think that being possibily in front of Reggie would have been more serious :p

Last edited:
Trust me, I love him with all my heart;) (he's one of my fav. characters of they show), it's just that some positions are odd :lol:
I think that being possibily in front of Reggie would have been more serious :p

I'm not so sure I understand what you mean by odd position - he was sitting in a chair leaning over - something he commonly does. Not to split hairs, but I think it was very intense just the way it was - he reminded me of a parent scolding a child and not really wanting to look him in the face... maybe it was to spare Reggie more embarassment too - be there for him but not be in his face. Horatio's keen on people's feelings no matter if they have done right or wrong.

Sorry to rag but it seems most people on this board bash poor Horatio instead of looking deep into his character, which is so intense. If David is infusing a little John Kelly into Horatio, then why not? People have been ragging on how robotic he has been so now H is showing some life again and people STILL are ragging on him. What does it take to satisfy these terribly demanding fans? SHEESH!!! I'm sorry, but I really don't get all the posts about a half naked Delko - what did that have to do with the quality of the story? Not to be a party pooper and I'm sure if it were Horatio I'd be equally as engrossed but isn't there something more to Mr. Delko than his body? He's a great character too...

Back