Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: Dislike a ship??

i don't dislike any ship, although i think that now, when GSR is canon, any other ship involving Grissom or Sara is completely unrealistic and i srsly wouldn't like it to happen. i agree with Turtle, that i see Nick and Sara only as friends, the same goes to Cath and Grissom. if Cath wanted to be with Grissom she would SO lead him on for real, and we know she's never done that. Nick and Sara flirted on a shippy level in Season 1, but it's not there anymore. Greg was too childish for Sara in the past, he's grown up now but i still don't think it would work either. he had a crush on her, i believe he's past that now. although i have to admit that Fannysmackin made me rethink that.

so i think there are two kinds of disliking a ship. one is being a bit hostile towards it, and second is just not wanting it to happen. therefore i have to say that i don't have ANYTHING against people who ship anything other than GSR and i understand them, but right now i wouldn't like any other ship to become canon on the show except GSR.

if that makes any sense, lol.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I dislike (although dislike is really not strong enough) GSR. I'm sure I'm not alone judging by the falling ratings and the loss of viewers. can't just blame Grey's.

3. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

To tell you all the truth, I can see anyone going with anyone. I mean if we can all see different pairings, then the shows bring chemistry all around. But who gets the worst ship title for me? I don't know. I can't think of one that is highly impossible, except for slashes, but maybe someone can open my mind a little.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Sure you can. When TPTB advertised personal GSR in Leaving Las Vegas, and Grey's wasn't competition, they got their highest numbers of the year, and were higher than the average for the second half of Season 6.

I don't like... I guess I'm not crazy about Catherine/Warrick anymore. I supported them before, but now it feels far too bland. I can't tell if it's intentional, or if whatever chemistry was there has no fizzled, but the two together just aren't fun, and I do wish Warrick would hurry up and get divorced already.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Here here! Does Warrick/Tina count as a ship? Because the whole thing always just seemed kinda stupid to me, and I can't figure out why they (the writers) did it.

6. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I never quite understood that and I'm not picking on you for that, I'm talking about from what I have heard over a long period of time. I see Eric and Calleigh as good friends but never as brother and sister or even as best friends. Most people tell me (including fellow HipHuggers) that they are best friends, but I don't get that vibe from them and I do understand how Eric is very protective over the ladies. Even if I didin't ship Eric and Calleigh, I wouldn't get a brother/sister or best friend vibe like that, well at least not anymore, I would just think they are okay or supportive around one another.

I really think you GSR fans out there are really brave. Despite what others have said, you all still made it! I don't really watch the original CSI, but when I first took a look at it Sara and Grissom together did not come to my mind at all, but I respect your opinions and how you stood by it.

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I can't see Horatio and Calleigh as ship. I have never, ever seen any remote sign of romantic chemistry betweeen them. I have alot of respect for both characters and like them alot. They are loyal colleagues and good friends, nothing more. Neither one of them would ever consider the other in an intimate light, I am utterly convinced of that. H/C belongs in fanfic alone.

8. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Pusher
    Well, in the first two seasons there were some subtle flirtations and such between H and Cal. There was the whole 6-ft.-man-laying-down-with-a-rifle dialogue in 'Kill Zone', the "I don't look good in all-black" "I beg to differ" dialogue in the same episode (I've noticed since then that Cal has been wearing more all-black), the "Hello Handsome, I see your hand" in 'Broken', the infamous leather chaps dialogue in 'Breathless', and who can forget the iconic hug in 'Lost Son'?
    Hope you don't mind if I offer a defense :)

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ 'Shipping' is largely based on interpretation of what you see on screen. There is no right or wrong here, it is all opinion. In Miami we having canon (H/Y) and fanon (H/C) ships. I mean no disrespect to H/C fans, but in my opinion, I have thus far found it impossible to establish the grounds on which this ship is based. Other than brief flirty moments in Season 1 or 2 (which most characters have between each other), I absolutely can't see it at all. Even the 'processing hands' scene in 'Under Suspicion'. Nope, no vibes, nothing. H was very vulnerable, he trusts her 110%. I can't imagine any of the other CSIs processing his hands. She was the obvious choice. They have a great working relationship and would back each other to the hilt. It was clearly obvious from that scene that TPTB weren't trying to imply anything as all references to 'love' were removed from the very nice song that was played at the time. I feel that was quite deliberate on their part.

10. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

I agree with Pusher, it's all in what you see. Personally I can't see GSR and Hip Hugger. Those are the two main ships you'll never see me believing in (slash not included). Now someone who does ship that can give me a list from here till I don't know where with moments that they interpreter (sp?) as hints to their ship, I'll look at them and go: "That's it?" I just can't see it. You can defend the ships all you want, I won't agree. It's the same with if I give someone who doesn't ship CaRWash a list of my favorite moments. They'll go: "Ok. I don't see it." And that's good, because people have the right to have their own ships and to dislike others. ;)

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

The thing is for me, Calleigh is naturally flirtatious. Her banter with H in Season 1 was normal for her. She didn't single H out to flirt with him. The 'hot flashes' comment is one that is very much interpreted to suit the Horatio/Calleigh ship. Cal could have just as easily been implying that she generally finds men with guns attractive. That's just an example, as 'shipping' (especially the 'fanon' ships) is very much open to interpretation. If we interpreted every flirtatious comment by Calleigh as an indication of her really liking someone, she would be in love with most male members of the cast! ;)

I do feel that all the allegedly 'shippy' moments between H and Calleigh can be very easily explained with logic. Their closer moments all stem from either concern or natural banter which is part of everyday life between good colleagues/friends.

I don't really 'ship' any couple in the fantasy sense. I like various character dynamics on all 3 shows very much, but unless the writers are advocating possible romantic feelings between two characters, I'm not into 'shipping' at all.

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay i just read the first half of this whole thread and to be honest i kinda don't see the point of bringing it back again. this thread is a ... loose canon with a gun, lol, or a bomb waiting to explode. very depressing and full of negativity. what i've read in the beginning is just beyond me. hopefully those people won't come back again, and we can have a nice discussion.

13. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

You know what Adzix, I actually agree. :) Maybe we should leave this thred to die so we don't end up insulting peoples lol!

14. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

As 1CSIMfan said when this was bumped up, if things turn nasty, the thread will be locked. If we continue to discuss things without insulting other posters (as has been the case since it was bumped up) and can be mature about differing opinions, this thread could make for some interesting discussion. The key is respecting the opinions of others. If we all bear this in mind, the thread shouldn't be a problem, but we will keep a close eye on it. ;)

15. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I agree, but when I said that a page or so back, I was just told to stay away. I suspect this thread will either hurt feelings, open old wounds, or add fuel to flame wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.