CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Totally! And Flack, being a practical guy, won't want all those toys to go to waste when Danny is right there with him. ;) :devil:

I'm kind of disappointed that there was no CSI: NY news from the TCA press tour. I guess news of Petersen's departure stole all the CSI-thunder!

^ Yeah, ya gotta wonder if Rikki's return is already the biggest news CSI:NY has. I think it'll be pretty hard to top it unless TPTB gives a clue as to why she's coming back, which I doubt they will because it'll definitely take away a lot of suspense.

What better way to get all the fangirls (pro-Rikki or not) to watch the upcoming season than by being mysterious about things, eh? ;) Look at the discussion it's generated in this forum! Cunning TPTB. :devil:

Kathleen Munroe has been cast as Flack's sister, she certainly looks the part. I'm really excited that they're making her a recurring character because it hopefully means they are on the right path to developing character's other than Mac, Stella or Danny. I'm feeling really hopeful for this season now as we know that at least Flack and Hawkes are going to get some good storylines.

Ausiello also said he will be bringing news about a certain couple later this week. I wonder if he's girding his loins in anticipation of the response. It's interesting that he's obviously gotten something from Pam Veasey but is holding back. I wonder why!!! :lol:

... when Danny and Flack go to her apartment, they find a surprise waiting for them.
Hurray! Danny and Flack working together! :D

Yay Danny and Flack working together :) There's never enough scenes of these two togetter :devil:

The spoilers for the upcomming season are looking promissing.
I really hope for some Hawkes and Flack character development.
And the return of Rikki altough I can't wait and see how she'll returning and how it's going to affect Danny.

Kathleen Munroe has been cast as Flack's sister, she certainly looks the part. I'm really excited that they're making her a recurring character because it hopefully means they are on the right path to developing character's other than Mac, Stella or Danny. I'm feeling really hopeful for this season now as we know that at least Flack and Hawkes are going to get some good storylines.

She does look like a Flack! :D Heh, that's awesome. And the fact that she's recurring makes me think she'll be around for a while. Interesting that AJ was mentioned...might there be a little somethin' somethin' between Flack's sister and our favorite lab tech? :D Let's hope she's a better match for him than Kendall.

Ausiello also said he will be bringing news about a certain couple later this week. I wonder if he's girding his loins in anticipation of the response. It's interesting that he's obviously gotten something from Pam Veasey but is holding back. I wonder why!!! :lol:

I gotta say, it's pretty tacky for people to write a TV columnist and threaten bodily harm...that doesn't speak well of our fandom. :rolleyes: I know it's only a small number of people and thankfully not from this board, but ugh, tacky. Ausiello is our friend! He's the man with scoop. We should be nice to him. :cool:

I'll be curious as to what he'll have to relay from Veasey. I have to say, bringing Rikki back and playing up the love triangle was a really smart move on the part of the writers...it's definitely drummed up a lot of interest this summer in the show, and that likely means people tuning in in the fall to find out what happens...

I gotta say, it's pretty tacky for people to write a TV columnist and threaten bodily harm...that doesn't speak well of our fandom. :rolleyes: I know it's only a small number of people and thankfully not from this board, but ugh, tacky. Ausiello is our friend! He's the man with scoop. We should be nice to him. :cool:

I'll be curious as to what he'll have to relay from Veasey. I have to say, bringing Rikki back and playing up the love triangle was a really smart move on the part of the writers...it's definitely drummed up a lot of interest this summer in the show, and that likely means people tuning in in the fall to find out what happens...

I wouldn't take the 'bodily harm' comment too seriously. I think it's his humour. Even if it is true, I think you're right in that it's not likely to be anyone from here. :)

As for Flack's sister and Adam. I've got a funny feeling she might eat him alive if the whole 'bad girl' thing is true. Should be fun to watch though.

I agree tptb are being very clever. I suspect they had a hand in the news of Rikki's return initially only coming from Jacqueline's site before there was confirmation of her return. It's sneaky but will definitely draw us all in. By dripping the information through they're keeping us all on board and it will stay that way as long as the information keeps coming. I think I'm going to take whatever they reveal later this week with a pinch of salt.:)

I wouldn't take the 'bodily harm' comment too seriously. I think it's his humour. Even if it is true, I think you're right in that it's not likely to be anyone from here. :)

Oh, there are crazy fans out there who probably do threaten...not just in our fandom but in others. You should see Trek fans! :lol: But, no, people here are cool. And we love our Ausiello. :D

As for Flack's sister and Adam. I've got a funny feeling she might eat him alive if the whole 'bad girl' thing is true. Should be fun to watch though.

I bet she would! Poor Adam! :lol: Though the man did date a Suicide Girl, so who knows...

I agree tptb are being very clever. I suspect they had a hand in the news of Rikki's return initially only coming from Jacqueline's site before there was confirmation of her return. It's sneaky but will definitely draw us all in. By dripping the information through they're keeping us all on board and it will stay that way as long as the information keeps coming. I think I'm going to take whatever they reveal later this week with a pinch of salt.:)

Yeah, it seems like TPTB are good at releasing tidbits to keep people interested, but maybe aren't always what ends up panning out on screen. Plans change, and the network has a say, of course. So we'll see...

:lol: That would be fun to watch. I don't think I've come across Kathleen Munroe before, but she does look like Flack! I'm glad to finally get some casting news on this. If she's as good as they are suggesting then she could be a very interesting addition to the cast indeed, and if it means more Flack screentime and storylines then I'm all for it. :D

Also, so no one gets confused, they changed the character name. She is now Samantha Flack, and not Melanie as was originally mentioned in the initial episode spoilers.

Holy crap! This girl is Beautiful!

Veasey reveals that the role was originally going to be small, but then they met Munroe and "she was so his sister and so authentically New York and so wonderfully young and beautiful and shifty and dangerous that we were like, 'Oh my God, this is a great opportunity.' It adds a great human element to Eddie's character, and [her presence] will touch a lot of other people, including A.J. and Stella."

Interesting that they are bringing her back as recurring and she'll interact with Adam. :D

Check back later this week for more CSI: NY scoop from Veasey, including what's ahead for a certain couple whose fans keep threatening me with bodily harm if I don't tell them something -- anything -- soon. Good thing I like my body.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm. I'm torn. One the one hand, I'm thrilled that Flack will finally get some development and that we're finally getting to see other members of Clan Flack. Flack fans have been clamoring for this for years, and with a spectacular actor like Eddie in the role, I've no doubt that he will turn in some stellar performances. I'm also pleased that the femme Flack won't be used as a mere spot of window dressing.

However...

This could be a disaster. The writers are fond of ratcheting up the drama to the point of uncomfortable melodrama at times and have a nasty habit of either dropping storylines(Louie) or ignoring the logical consequences of a given action when it doesn't suit their purposes(Stella initially covering up her possible exposure to HIV and the subsequent compromising of the crime scene by her riffling through the medicine cabinet, Lindsay refusing to pull her weight during her resurrection and ceaseless flogging of her Montana Drama Llama, Mac ignoring protocol in the Clay Dobson mess, Stella letting a confessed murderer escape because of their childhood ties). Anything that might result in unpleasant, real-life consequences for Our Intrepid Heroes gets swept under a large(and very filthy at this stage)rug.

So, let's say Samantha Flack is "trouble", a manipulative, conniving brat who uses her brother's innate sense of loyalty to her advantage. What does that mean? Is she going to ask him to cover up her involvement in a crime? If so, it would certainly create a nice parallel to Gavin Moran in S1's "The Fall", but it also creates a nasty bailiwick. If Flack chooses to compromise his integrity as a police officer and cover up evidence, then there can only be one logical outcome. He must be caught and arrested and booted from the force, and as a logical extension, from the show. Such a momentous action should have equally momentous consequences.

But I doubt the show wants to lose Mr. Snark, and so I doubt such consequences will ever be on view. Either no one will ever get wind of the cover-up, or the writers will contrive a lame and patently unbelievable cover-up that safeguards them from having to make a difficult decision. Either that, or good and honorable Flack will drag his friends into the conspiracy of silence and tarnish multiple careers instead of just his, hence the involvement of Adam and Stella. Whee hee. God, this sounds worse the more I type.

Granted, this is all rampant speculation, and it could turn out to be nothing so dire. Maybe Samantha Flack has a drinking or drug problem, which would explain his knowledge of the Withers Clinic in S2. Maybe he finds himself trying to protect her from bookies or dealers. The possibilities are myriad, and nothing is certain until the episodes air.

This could be fabulous, and I really want it to work for the sake of both the actor and the character, but with the writers' godawful track record of providing satisfying story arcs with logical resolutions and TPTB's reticence to take risks, I have serious, serious reservations about their sudden decision to expand a role that was originally intended as a bit part in one episode. It sounds too much like they've found a shiny, new toy and want to play with it, but have only vague ideas on how to use it.

Last edited:
Kathleen Munroe looks perfect to play the role of Flack's sister. I'm so happy that TPTB are adding a human side to Flack in a different way from just his snarky humour and his closeness with Danny. It sounds like Samantha's going to cause a bit of trouble for Flack, and if so, I can't wait to see Flack handle that.

I thought it was really interesting Samantha turning up will affect Adam and Stella. Stella I think will either be super-nosy about her (kind of like she was about Quinn and her relationship with Mac) or maybe there will be some conflict there - Stella's never shown much, if any, sympathy, for bad girls, especially when they're beautiful and have attitude.
Adam I think would be nervous of her but develop a bit of a crush on her too, maybe.

Whatever happens, I think bringing this new character in will be a great way to develop Flack's character, and make him more human.

YAY!!!!!!! i truly like her (so far :D ) Not only her eyes but even her smile is like Donnie's :D

Yep, I think our Adam will have a new love :D

My question is how will she affect Stella?????????? ????????????? I have the feeling she will be a pain on her back :rolleyes:

And how about the news about the couple??????????:wtf:

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Could they (writers and producers) STOP for a while with D/L and give US poor Stella/Mac fans a chance for love???????????????????????????????????????????? we have been waiting 5 years:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mrs Veasey. Pleaseeeeeeeee Peter :(

It's totally unfair :(

Debbie

Last edited:
Thx for the news, JellyBelly :) I wonder what he means by 'later this week', I hope NOT next Sunday, for then he could really expect some bodily harm :lol:

I'm really looking forward to Flack's plot (and the actress definitely fits the role :)), hope TPTB won't waste it. Can't think now how Adam and Stella can be connected to Samantha, though :confused: but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be interesting :)

I'm loving what I'm hearing about the Flack storyline, more and more! :thumbsup: Great news that they're bringing Samantha in as recurring, which means it's not going to be yet another "One Great Episode /Character, and then swept under the rug to disappear forever" thing which we see too much of. :rolleyes: It sounds like the writers must have made friends with the Continuity Fairy, over the summer :lol: I'm very intrigued to find out how Adam and Stella are affected by her, though.

Hawkes background, Flack storyline, the return of Rikki... I'm definitely looking forward to this upcoming season!

Kathleen Munroe looks perfect to play the role of Flack's sister. I'm so happy that TPTB are adding a human side to Flack in a different way from just his snarky humour and his closeness with Danny. It sounds like Samantha's going to cause a bit of trouble for Flack, and if so, I can't wait to see Flack handle that.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a potentially flappable Flack. Yes, he's snarky but he's also very controlled, I think it'd be great to see him a little frazzled because of his sister. I also think it'd be a great opportunity for a little Danny payback. Flack is always wading into the Messer messes, it'd be fantastic for Danny to be in a more supportive role with Don.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Could they (writers and producers) STOP for a while with D/L and give US poor Stella/Mac fans a chance for love???????????????????????????????????????????? we have been waiting 5 years:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mrs Veasey. Pleaseeeeeeeee Peter :(

It's totally unfair :(

Debbie

Seriously? You trust them with that level or responsibility? :lol: I think Stella and Mac are lovely together and I could so see them in a relationship but I'm not sure they should do it because it could potentially shift the dynamic too much. Mac is technically Stella's boss so it'd be a little awkward. I think the little moments between them are what makes them and we've learnt from D/L that the 'little moments' have gone (although hopefully not forever) in favour of the big drama. I'd hate to see Mac and Stella lose what is a fantastic dynamic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back