Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm pretty new to posting, but I've lurked for a very long time and I know that your opinion is not a popular one here, but I completely agree with you. I see no chemistry whatsoever between these two. It's very forced and uncomfortable.

I've actually lost a tremendous amount of respect for the characters of Calleigh and Eric while watching this play out and usually find something else to do when their "scenes" come up.

I didn't like it when they forced Horatio/Marisol down my throat and I don't like it this time either. I'm trying hard to hang in there, but I don't know how much longer I can.

My hope is now that they've finally accomplished their soap opera couple, they'll get back to focusing on the victims and the science.

And, I agree, this isn't spoiler material and this is the wrong place to discuss this.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Before I say anything, I just want to state that none of my post is meant to be offensive to anyone in any way.

While I agree with MJ and Delynn (about the chemistry), my biggest issue is not the kiss (though I'm not really a fan of it, mind you lol). My biggest issue is what Emily said about thinking that Eric and Cal have been involved since "All In". That has me a bit confuzzled. In "Resurrection" (which occured months after All In), Calleigh told Jake that she felt like all she'd been doing the past two months was waiting for Jake (to quit UC so they could have a relationship, I'm assuming). But, Emily's saying Cal and Eric were together while Cal was "waiting" for Jake? Huh? :confused: Color me confuzzled. I just don't get it. Unless Emily meant that she thinks Cal started developing more than friendship feelings for Eric after All In, but just didn't act on them or realize it until recently? :confused:

It feels like the writers are recently (ever since after the season premiere ep) just pretending like Cal and Eric were never with anyone else. That is a little frustrating. Okay, so they want to put Cal and Eric together, fine... but at least act like the other canon couples happened too. At least have a scene where after Natalia finds out that Cal and Eric are together (which I'm sure will eventually happen), Cal asks her if she's okay about it being that Nat and Eric were once an item. That's all I ask. I mean, I assume Cal and Nat are friends and that Cal knows that Nat and Eric were once an item. So, it would be nice if the writers acknowledged that instead of pretending it never happened. That's just big time annoying IMHO. :lol:

==

Another thing I'm wondering is... when Ryan has his ordeal in 720 and E&C are upset with him for keeping secrets from them, I wonder if maybe that'll be their own guilt because of the secret they are keeping themselves. While I really don't want to see Ryan beaten up as it'll be really hard to watch (as it was to see Adam beat up and tortured in "Snow Day" on NY at least I think that was the name of the ep and it was extremely hard seeing Greg beaten up by that mob in "Fannysmackin" on Vegas), I hope that this ordeal will help the team to bond a little more. Lately they've not had that team dynamic that they used to have and I want that back!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  3. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I am confused about Emily comment. I think she meant that Cal finally realized that Eric was the one for her after All In. She was still with Jake at that time and I can't imagine Calleigh cheating on Jake with Eric.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, me either... that's what confused me. :lol: Maybe she was misquoted or something... that happens sometimes. :lol: Especially if the interview was over the phone or through a publicist or agent or something. :lol:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't think E/C will feel any guilt over them keeping a secret.It may just be me,but they will feel they were justified.What they need to look at though is why Ryan felt he couldn't ( the very poor team dynamics,no team cohesiveness). This was indeed one of the episodes I was speaking of when I said the team would have a chance to pull together,but they won't.They just are not there for each other,it's a very sad state for a team.Of course maybe I will be totally shocked and the team will rally around Ryan.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Emily saying that E/C are together since "ALL in " is confusing to me too.While I do believe that there was something between them back then,Calleigh would never cheat on Jake.Maybe it was a slip up .

I saw closure with Eden.They are very friendly and no feelings left.But In calleigh's case I agree that she should tell Natalia(if they are close).

Chemistry between E/C is subjective and I do believe is imposible for everyone to feel the same way.

If the spoilers are true about Ryan compromising evicence,I believe is different then E/C keeping their relationship a secret.Compromising evidence can affect a whole case and maybe even set a criminal free while whatever happens with E/C is between them.But I will wait until the episode airs to be sure.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Well, at the very least he'll have Horatio on his side and probably Natalia too... she always seems to be on his side. Maybe they'll even through in support from the labrats: Valera, Michael, Jane, etc. And possibly (and hopefully) even Frank as well.

Yeah, but I don't think the compromising of the evidence is what they are going to be upset about. I think it's the why he does it. They're probably going to feel like he didn't trust them enough to tell them that he was being threatened or that Billy was, but the thing is, he couldn't say anything because is being watched and they'll not hesitate to hurt Billy if Ryan opens his mouth.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

**bumps in**

Thanks to everyone for the spoilers :thumbsup:

Here's my thought and trust me I'm trying to be as respectful as I can towards E/C fans and to the spoiler thread ;).

As you can read it's a spoiler thread and it's not a squeeing thread about a kiss which quite honestly leaves me :wtf: in this promo for a very simple reason:
    -is it normal that we have Calleigh running like a teenager (all squeeing) towards her boyfriend ready to kiss him on a promo for a show named CSI??? To me it's pretty disgusting to see in this promo.
    Not to mention that the promo I saw was just about their relationship which is just pathetic.
    I really can't stand anything about relationships on a show, especially if it's all in the promo.
    What about Eric punching his father? What about his arrest? It was all about Calleigh waiting for him!!!! :cardie:
    I really can't stand this kind of things. Come on, can't they have a normal relationship every now & then without mentioning it in every single promo???? :brickwall:

As for the interview all I can say right now is that it left me :wtf:
    IMHO, if what you quoted were true, Emily would be in lots of troubles with her fans (even some hiphuggers) :p. So I really think it's not true, or at least someone from TV guide wrote it.
    Just look at the sentence quoted : "I think the relationship started after Calleigh was kidknapped and Eric drove her home".
    With a sentence like this a normal fan of the show would think she doesn't watch it for 2 very simple reasons:
    -When Jake came back why did she tell him "I feel like I've been waiting the whole time"...bla bla bla????? Did she want to have just some fun with her littley toy boy Jake???? I don't think so! There's no way she had already a relationship with Eric.
    -If she had already a relationship with Eric why did we (non E/C & E/C fans) have to cope with "And how does that make you kill" and "Head Case" with all Eric's shrink stuff??? Come on! How is it possible they're together and she asks him to tell her how he feels...all of this after more than 6 months??? :brickwall:
    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous! :p

9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I said in another thread that maybe she's referring to the "push/pull" game that some couples play (You know pull close then push away out of fear/uncertainty). The feelings were there but they were afraid to act on them but then they were afraid not to. I know...weird analogy but...Maybe??

I hope the whole compromising evidence thing is what they are referring to when they say 'something that brings the whole team together'. They are lacking some team dynamics where these guys are concerned. It would be nice to see whole team interaction. I don't want them sitting around a round table talking but seeing them confer with each other would be nice.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Coachmom,that sounds plausible if is interpreted like feelings for Eric instead as having a relationship with him.

Like I said,I am not sure how the situation with Ryan would be so I prefer to wait and see.But In his case is trust as a co-worker that was threatened to do something wrong instead of a friend that kept a relationship a secret.

I have always seen CSI miami like an unbelievable show so watching a couple kiising and running into each other doesn't change things much.

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

If INS knows that Eric has fake documents and it's here illegally - wouldn't they just deport him to Cuba?

12. Miamikiller

Miamikiller Dead on Arrival

Well I'll give my opinion: just so you know I'm on Red Bull and been working 15 days straight so don't take me too seriously.
    I'm happy for Eric and Calleigh. But all I've seen here is everyone praying for that happen and now that we get it you're still not happy. So after that whole E/C is done what will be the next argument?
    And then this is how I see the end of this season: Ryan will be the one in charge of this kid, kind of a step father. Horatio will take some rea vacation with Kyle and Cal will tell Eric, she's pregnant. While one of the two girls will resigned. That's the end and the whole episode will turn around a hostage situation...BING!! Now goodnight i have finally my day off

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I kinda hope that doesn't happen because then I'll fell like they're just coping what was done on CSI: NY.

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Not necessarily. It's not like he went out and got fake documents on purpose. He has believed that he is a US citizen forever. I would think that, that would be taken into account, and some investigating would be in order. It seems like his father is an American citizen so it's a non issue once the INS fins out.

15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

i'm thinking that this next epi will really show Cal and Eric relationship, after this epi they'll phase it out like Danny & Monroe. I'm sure they'll show their relationship throught-out the season but prob not like this next epi... I'm sure the writers go it under control..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.