BBC Sherlock Series

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard all kinds of theories. Before I post anything do we have to put our theories in the spoiler box or has enough time gone by that the spoiler box isn't necessary?

I don't know about the spoiler etiquette as the show hasn't technically aired in the US yet

Maybe a mod can answer this one?

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard all kinds of theories. Before I post anything do we have to put our theories in the spoiler box or has enough time gone by that the spoiler box isn't necessary?

I would advise that you still use the spoiler box since it hasn't aired in the US ;).

This is take from our guidance and help thread:
Spoilers are those episodes in which have not aired in all time zones of the U.S. (ie starts at 8pm et, it will air last at 11 pm et we say wait till that airing is over) then tags are not required but until it is over please do not give away the ending. Or if you know how it will end don't give it away (even if the ep hasn't aired yet). - Also if you have a pic of a future ep, (following the image rule) please post it in the tag as well.

Now that we have that cleared up. I'll share a theory that I've been hearing. Hopefully it makes sense because I haven't seen the episode yet.

So, I've heard some theories on how Sherlock faked his death. He had John stand in that specific spot so he would only see Sherlock fall and had the man on the bike knock him down so he wouldn't actually see where Sherlock landed. I guess there was a garbage truck nearby and Sherlock jumped into that. The body that was there Sherlock took from the morgue with Molly's help. since John was disoriented from being knocked down, and the shock from seeing Sherlock jump, he really couldn't tell it was Sherlock. Molly then later identifys the body as Sherlock. So that's the theory that I've been hearing. Like I said I haven't seen the episode yet but hopefully this made sense to some of you.

Now that we have that cleared up. I'll share a theory that I've been hearing. Hopefully it makes sense because I haven't seen the episode yet.

So, I've heard some theories on how Sherlock faked his death. He had John stand in that specific spot so he would only see Sherlock fall and had the man on the bike knock him down so he wouldn't actually see where Sherlock landed. I guess there was a garbage truck nearby and Sherlock jumped into that. The body that was there Sherlock took from the morgue with Molly's help. since John was disoriented from being knocked down, and the shock from seeing Sherlock jump, he really couldn't tell it was Sherlock. Molly then later identifys the body as Sherlock. So that's the theory that I've been hearing. Like I said I haven't seen the episode yet but hopefully this made sense to some of you.

That's a very popular theory. I honestly have no idea how it will all play out I just hate waiting so long for the next batch to see it all resolved

Looking forward to the new series. Unfortunately here in the US we have to wait till spring/summer...

I know how you feel! I really can't wait. I also wanted to ask what you guys think about CBS creating an American version of a modern Sherlock. I personally don't think America can top what BBC has done with Sherlock.

Thoughts?

Really? I cant see them topping this version. I really loved it. You think they could come up with something more original. :rolleyes:

I think this is the most popular Reichenbach fall theory. I tend to agree with you on it.
I hope we dont have to wait too long before the next series, :(

Interesting choice. But I wont be watching either. I agree, Shazza, it wont top the BBC version, so why bother?

I find it fascinating. It may not be crazy awesome like BBC's Sherlock:luvlove:, but now I'm kinda interested to see how he'd play Sherlock.

The idea of Sherlock in New York still gives me hives, but I'm still a little curious :)

...Watch later in the season they'll have Watson and Sherlock hook up.:guffaw: oh this is getting silly. now that we're being politically correct, here's some ideas about how they'll change the characters: Moriarty will be hispanic or african american, Irene Adler will be a lesbian, and Lestrade will be replaced with a new character. what do you think?

Last edited:
Back