Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can't remember the pictures from "Stealing Home"--was there a guy around her age in them, or just a dad-aged guy? I could see Lindsay being an only child--she kind of isolates herself from people in a way that makes me think maybe she doesn't have too many people she's close to. She's also never talked about her family that I recall.

2. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^^ as far as I know, just a dad-aged guy.

In the beginning, when Lindsay first came onto the show - I thought maybe she had an older brother (she had the tough-girl attitude, took down that suspect in Zoo York, etc) and it seemed like she maybe would have grown up with that older brother. But, now, it just seems like her being an only child may be the way im leaning towards.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i can definately see Lindsay being an only child. at first i was thinking maybe like a sister or something but as time went on and her actions and atittudes make me think she's the only child. i think if Lindsay did have any siblings she wouldn't be so quiet and would talk more so she wouldn't keep everything in.

Danny you can totally tell has a brother- besides the fact that we've seen Louie before- he just has that younger brother starving for attention type thing going on (*i have 3 younger brothers and that's how two of them are most of the time lol*)

i really liked "Stealing Home" as well as both an episode and story and for Lindsay. that was great seeing her character getting something that deep and personal in her first year. if TPTB could drop hints like that exactly how they wrote it for Lindsay for all the characters here and there a couple times a year that would be fantastic. it wasn't all in your face it was part of the story and just worked. Anna did a great job in this ep i wish she would be recognized more for this ep than her other eps and Lindsay's sometimes annoying-ness.

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree, she was great in 'Stealing Home'. Unfortunately I never watched the original version of the episode, only the German version. But it was interesting to have a tiny insight in her life, and I loved how she showed the effect the case had on her. It's definitely one of my favourite Lindsay episodes.

I'm not sure if I see her as an only child or as one who has siblings. She really never talked about her family explicite, she only mentioned her father once in 'Stealing Home' and her uncle in 'Zoo York'. Well, I have a brother and anyway don't talk much about my feelings and things like that. I'm not sure. I hope, some time we'll find out if she has siblings or if she has a good or bad relationship with her family.

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

For Season 5, I'd like to see her un-stapled from Danny. I think the writers made a HUGE mistake in having her work and interact mainly with Danny. This did her a huge disservice, because it didn't allow her character to grow. Inconsistent writing didn't help, either.

Personally, I think she has better chemistry with Mac than she does with Danny, but that's just my Not So Humble Opinion.

I'd also like to see the D/L romance run it's course. They tried, it didn't work, Next.

I'd also, like so many people have suggested, a return to the Season 2 Lindsay. The strong, adventurous country girl who's not afraid to eat a spider, who tackles a suspect into a car, who does itriguing little experiments with evidence that cracks cases open, and who cares enough to find out more about her co-workers' personal lives and hobbies.

Little things like the experiment with the odor gel in "Dancing With the Fishes," figuring out that Mac played bass in "Stuck on You," The whole bug thing in the episode between "Stuck on You" and "Necrophilia Americana, can't remember the title, but I remember it was the Exotic Cuisine and the water gun wars epi. Little things like that made me enjoy her character, especially because she seemed to be proving that she can keep up with the boys.

From Season 3 onward, she changed or the way the writers wrote her character changed. IMO, she came across as selfish, whiney and unable to handle herself. I understand that she was having issues, but I don't think she handled it well. She then became this cardboard prop for Danny, and that didn't work, IMO. I'd like to see that changed.

I want to know more about her family. How come she related to that girl in "Stealing Home" so well (And notice, no emo fireworks, either)? Who is her Uncle Freddy? Does she have any siblings? What's her relationship with her parents like? Are they still living? I think that they can do a lot more with her character than the clicheed "I watched all my friends get murdered and now I'm a mess" thing that just IMO didn't jibe with what we'd seen in Season 2.

The thing is, there was so much potential there for her character. I don't know if it's too late or not, or wheter Anna Belknap has the skills as an actress to do it, but something needs to be changed, because honestly, as it stands now, Lindsay does nothing for me. That wasn't the case when she was first introduced.

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

The epi with the bugs is called 'Fare Game'. I loved the moment when she ate the spider! :lol: That was really cool.
    And I agree with you. There were so many little, great moments, moments that showed how good she is in her job. Season 2 is my favourite season, and I loved the Lindsay scenes we got.

That's what I want to know, too.

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I agree! Yesterday I watched the epi, and it still makes me laugh when Lindsay bites into the spider and they show Flack's face. I think I would have reacted the same way. :lol:

One of my still favourite scenes is her tackling down the suspect in 'Zoo York'. She isn't that tall, but anyway did it. That was brave. It'd be nice to see a scene like this again.

9. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

You know, I was really disappointed how Lindsay acted in the second half of this season. It seems like ever since the third season she is always acting depressed or angry. What happened to that feisty and independent CSI from season 2? She also was really good at providing the comedy and light moments of the show in that season. Now I think they use Adam for that (not that I mind that but that is for another thread)

I think after Not What It Looks Like from the third season, the writers have treated her character like crap. Like now she hardly ever goes out into the field. And I think I remember one time besides the debacle of the rain walk, what she was like in Montana and that was in the first episode she was in. Something about what made Mac hire her in the first place. She is constantly in the lab. It would also be nice to develop her character a little more outside of the lab. I have no idea what her interests are other than she might possibly be a 49ers fan?

OK I am done rambling for now :)

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes. Like I said, I want her more out in the field. Or tackling down a suspect. The men have so many action scenes, Lindsay and Stella need some as well. I'm sure she'd be great. I also loved to see Lindsay interrogating (like in 'Corporate Warriors') and talking to other cops like in 'Dancing With The Fish' and solving cases on her own, impressing Mac and Stella (again 'Dancing With The Fish').

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm just starting CSI NY so Lindsay is still new to me. I like her though. She seems like a down to earth kind of country girl, sort of reminds me of myself! I like the long hair though not the shorter style.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I still can't decide. But I think I like her curls the most. And I agree with you, she also reminds me of myself. I think, it was an interesting idea to add a character to the show who's not from the huge city New York but from a small city in Montana. Now all I want is more of our action Lindsay, because she rocks in those scenes.

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I agree, it is nice to see someone from out of the city/area. She's a bit different but fits in quite well.

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I agree. Especially when she shows how good she is in her job and that she's brave. Like the scene from Zoo York I mentioned. Or NWILL, when she went undercover, although it was a really dangerous situation. And she's cute like in the 'I rock' scene from 'You Only Die Once'. There's a lot they can do with her character, they should just rewatch old epis. Lindsay has a lot of potential. She's great as a character, and not just as Danny's girlfriend.

15. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Why is it from season two to the current season she went from being a feisty and strong (at least the potential to be) character to this person who mopes about what Danny has done? That just bothered me, personally thought she should of kicked his butt! :p

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lindsay, it's just the writers took the wrong direction for her and I hope they fix it soon! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.