2010 Awards Noms/Winners & Discussion

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
This thread will be for the 2010 awards nominations and winners discussion.

"THE 67th ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS"
TELECAST WILL BE AIRED LIVE ON NBC NATIONWIDE FOR FIRST TIME
HOLLYWOOD, CA, September 30, 2009 – Philip Berk, President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association®, announced updated timetable for "The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be broadcast in HD Sunday, January 17, 2010 from 5-8 PM (PST) and 8-11 PM (EST) live coast to coast from The Beverly Hilton on NBC.

See the list of nominees below.

TELEVISION
Best Drama:
Big Love
Dexter
House
Mad Men
True Blood

Best Comedy/Musical:
Entourage
Glee
Modern Family
30 Rock
The Office

Best Miniseries or TV Movie:
Georgia O'Keeffe
Grey Gardens
Into the Storm
Little Dorrit
Taking Chance

Best Lead Actor - Drama:
Simon Baker, The Mentalist
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Hugh Laurie, House
Bill Paxton, Big Love

Best Lead Actress - Drama:
Glenn Close, Damages
January Jones, Mad Men
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Anna Paquin, True Blood
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer

Best Lead Actor - Comedy/Musical:
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Steve Carell, The Office
David Duchovny, Californication
Thomas Jane, Hung
Matthew Morrison, Glee

Best Lead Actress - Comedy/Musical:
Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Courteney Cox, Cougar Town
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Lea Michele, Glee

Best Lead Actor - Miniseries or TV Movie:
Kevin Bacon, Taking Chance
Kenneth Branagh, Wallander: One Step Behind
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Endgame
Brendan Gleeson, Into the Storm
Jeremy Irons, Georgia O'Keeffe

Best Lead Actress - Miniseries or TV Movie:
Joan Allen, Georgia O'Keeffe
Drew Barrymore, Grey Gardens
Jessica Lange, Grey Gardens
Anna Paquin, The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler
Sigourney Weaver, Prayers for Bobby

Best Supporting Actor - TV Series, Miniseries or TV Movie:
Michael Emerson, Lost
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
William Hurt, Damages
John Lithgow, Dexter
Jeremy Piven, Entourage

Best Supporting Actress - TV Series, Miniseries or TV Movie:
Jane Adams, Hung
Rose Byrne, Damages
Jane Lynch, Glee
Janet McTeer, Into the Storm
Chloe Sevigny, Big Love

FILM
Best Drama:
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious
Up in the Air

Best Comedy/Musical:
(500) Days of Summer
The Hangover
It's Complicated
Julie & Julia
Nine

Best Director:
Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
James Cameron, Avatar
Clint Eastwood, Invictus
Jason Reitman, Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds

Best Lead Actor - Drama:
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
George Clooney, Up in the Air
Colin Firth, A Single Man
Morgan Freeman, Invictus
Tobey Maguire, Brothers

Best Lead Actress - Drama:
Emily Blunt, The Young Victoria
Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Helen Mirren, The Last Station
Carey Mulligan, An Education
Gabourey Sidibe, Precious

Best Lead Actor - Comedy/Musical:
Matt Damon, The Informant!
Daniel Day-Lewis, Nine
Robert Downey Jr., Sherlock Holmes
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, (500) Days of Summer
Michael Stuhlbarg, A Serious Man

Best Lead Actress - Comedy/Musical:
Sandra Bullock, The Proposal
Marion Cotillard, Nine
Julia Roberts, Duplicity
Meryl Streep, It's Complicated
Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia

Best Supporting Actor:
Matt Damon, Invictus
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Christopher Plummer, The Last Station
Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress:
Penélope Cruz, Nine
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air
Mo'Nique, Precious
Julianne Moore, A Single Man

Best Screenplay:
Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell, District 9
Mark Boal, The Hurt Locker
Nancy Meyers, It's Complicated
Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds

Best Original Score:
Michael Giacchino, Up
Marvin Hamlisch, The Informant!
James Horner, Avatar
Abel Korzeniowski, A Single Man
Karen O and Carter Burwell, Where the Wild Things Are

Best Original Song:
"Cinema Italiana," Nine
"I Want to Come Home," Everybody's Fine
"I Will See You," Avatar
"The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)," Crazy Heart
"Winter," Brothers

Best Animated Feature:
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Coraline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Princess and the Frog
Up

Best Foreign Language Film:
Barria, Italy
Broken Embraces, Spain
The Maid, Chile
A Prophet, France
The White Ribbon, Germany

Last edited:
Re: 2010 Golden Globes

whohohooooot for Sedgwick-Bacons , love that family. Kyra and Kevin are both outstanding. And as I've only seen their daughter Sosie on screen from The Closer and Loverboy have to say she's got talent and looks, so all the best for her.
Saw Taking Chance, cried my eyes out, literally. Took me hours to calm down.
And well Kyra's role as Brenda Leigh Johnson from The Closer is brilliant anyway.

Glad to see Glee getting 4 noms :D and House 2. If you ask me Hugh Laurie should be awarded with every award in the world, because guy is a genius.

Love that they nominated Sandra Bullock for the Proposal, that was freaking hilarious, still laugh at that rapping scene in the forest

So hopefully it's going to be successful year for all of my favorites :)

Re: 2010 Awards Nom/Winners Discussion

The 16th Screen Actors Guild Awards airs live Saturday, Jan. 23 at 8/7c on TNT and TBS.

TELEVISION
Best Drama Ensemble: The Closer
Dexter
The Good Wife
Mad Men
True Blood

Best Comedy Ensemble:
30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Glee
Modern Family
The Office

Best Drama Actor:
Simon Baker, The Mentalist
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Hugh Laurie, House

Best Drama Actress:
Patricia Arquette, Medium
Glenn Close, Damages
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: SVU
Holly Hunter, Saving Grace
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer

Best Comedy Actor:
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Steve Carell, The Office
Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Tony Shalhoub, Monk
Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men

Best Comedy Actress:
Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?
Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The New Adventures of Old Christine

Best TV Movie/Miniseries Actor:
Kevin Bacon, Taking Chance
Cuba Gooding Jr., Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
Jeremy Irons, Georgia O'Keeffe
Kevin Kline, Cyrano de Bergerac
Tom Wilkinson, A Number

Best TV Movie/Miniseries Actress:
Joan Allen, Georgia O'Keeffe
Drew Barrymore, Grey Gardens
Ruby Dee, America
Jessica Lange, Grey Gardens
Sigourney Weaver, Prayers for Bobby

Best Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series
24 (FOX)
THE CLOSER (TNT)
DEXTER (Showtime)
HEROES (NBC)
THE UNIT (CBS)

Lifetime Achievement Award
Betty White

FILM
Best Ensemble: An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Nine
Precious

Best Lead Actor:
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
George Clooney, Up in the Air
Colin Firth, A Single Man
Morgan Freeman, Invictus
Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker

Best Lead Actress:
Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Helen Mirren, The Last Station
Carey Mulligan, An Education
Gabourey Sidibe, Precious
Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia

Best Supporting Actor: Matt Damon, Invictus
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Christopher Plummer, The Last Station
Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress:
Penélope Cruz, Nine
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air
Diane Kruger, Inglourious Basterds
Mo'Nique, Precious

Best Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
PUBLIC ENEMIES (Universal Pictures)
STAR TREK (Paramount Pictures)
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN (Paramount Pictures)

Re: 2010 Awards Nominations/Winners

teeee heeeee Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Bacon and The full cast of The Closer again :D Fingers crossed. The Closer is way too underrated show. While I can say it's the best crime show I have seen in years.

Raising this up for the discussion of the Peoples Choice Awards tonight.

Last edited:

CSI lost to House again. I honestly thought NCIS would win this year.

As for the other awards -my vote is for True Blood, I love that show!

CSI lost to House again. I honestly thought NCIS would win this year.
You know, it seems to me that NCIS is one of thos typical shows which has many many viewers [I think the average number of viewers per week speaks for itself] which doesn't get any much deserved award. It's a shame, but oh well I've been seeing always the same shows and always the same actors getting at least one nominee, lately that I'm not surprised....at all!

I would give this awards show a D, Queen L did a good job and was pretty funny. And Sandra B. Won the two awards, as did Keith, Carrie and Taylor. that and the tiger woods joke.

Otherwise pretty much found it boring. Mark Harmon skipped in favor of Hugh Laurie, House won instead of CSI, Vampires over NCIS LA (and what really got me ticked off is when Kathryn Morris (I am sorry I do not care for this actress) was presenting that award, no nominee's were giving, she just held the card and declared her favorite won) If it wasn't for LL Cool J who was presenting giving his crew a nod then they wouldn't have gotten any acknowledgement.

I would say several of the presenters I couldn't tell you who they were. The whole thing was more about the camera's and pizza that it was the longest awards show it seemed like it would never end.

At least alot of the awards shows (and we know despite them saying no one knows who won) that they at least have more then one show, show up. You see Hugh and the cast there and yet not Mark Harmon, well duh watching who got the camera on them and then they give the nominations and its like well I can pick this one no problem. As to the cast of NCIS LA I think that was probably more of a promotional, when LL Cool J asked them to stand up I didn't see Chris (aka G) there at all.

See this is why I don't like my favorite actors or tv shows getting nominated especially in a catagory that is dominated by previous winners, usually they aren't going to win. Folks always want CSI to win, think Criminal minds (or one of the actors) to be nominated, etc, etc, with what we know about awards shows my question is what they'd ever do to you. It probably is an honor to be nominated, it does give them more get out there and gain more audience. But still if or rather when they lose whats that do to the fans, dashes their hopes until the next year.

Meh, next tv awards show so we can watch and have our hopes dashed. :lol:

"The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be broadcast in HD Sunday, January 17, 2010 from 5-8 PM (PST) and 8-11 PM (EST) live coast to coast from The Beverly Hilton on NBC.

Source: Yahoo News: SAG to honor Betty White's 60-year career

LOS ANGELES – Betty White couldn't believe it.
"They told me about the SAG Lifetime Achievement Award, and I thought they were putting me on," White said. "I really did. I thought, 'Oh, sure.'"
She'll finally have tangible proof Saturday night, when Sandra Bullock, her co-star in "The Proposal," hands over the statuette from the Screen Actors Guild, paying tribute to White's more than 60-year career. The SAG Awards will air live on TNT and TBS from the Shrine Exhibition Hall (8 p.m. EST).

Starting in local Los Angeles television during the medium's earliest days, White's first 20 years in the business included a 1951 Emmy for the sitcom "Life With Elizabeth," and various talk-show and game-show gigs. But it wasn't until 1973 that she became part of a TV classic, as sex-crazed "Happy Homemaker" host Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
"Ethel Winant, the casting director, had said, 'We want a sickeningly sweet Betty White type,'" White recalled. "Well, they couldn't find anybody sickening enough."
So, they hired White, who eventually became a regular on the series, won back-to-back Emmys, and a place in TV history.

In 1985, she was earmarked for the role of Blanche on "The Golden Girls." "It was Jay Sandrich, who directed most of the 'Mary' shows, who, in his wisdom said, 'If Betty plays Blanche, another neighborhood nymphomaniac, they're going to think it's Sue Ann all over again.' And he said, 'Let's switch them.'" Co-star Rue McClanahan took on Blanche. White got the naive Rose. They both went on to win Emmys, and eternal lives in reruns.

White is nearly as well known for her love of animals. "My mother always told a story. We had a beautiful orange-marmalade kitty who would sleep on the edge of my crib. And she said, 'If Toby hadn't taken to you, you would have gone right back to the hospital.' But it is such a big part of my life. I not only love them __ I'm not into animal rights or anything political. It's animal health and welfare."

She was previously married, but White said the love of her life was game-show host Allen Ludden, to whom she was married from 1963 through to his death from cancer in 1981. She never married again. "When you've had the best, who needs the rest?" White asked. "Oh, I've had friends, some of them even better friends than others. But no."

At 88, Betty is White-hot again, coming off a scene-stealing stint as Ryan Reynolds' grandmother in the blockbusting "The Proposal," and with a handful of TV and big-screen projects in the pipeline.
"I think the most surprised person is my agent," White said. "'They still are using YOU?' But it's beyond-belief exciting."

Is there anything in show business she's yet to do?
"Robert Redford," White replied, with a sly smile.

"2010 Creative Art Emmy Award Winners

TVGuide.com

Neil Patrick Harris, John Lithgow and Betty White Win at the Creative Arts Emmys

Neil Patrick Harris went from Emmy zero to hero, winning both his first and second statuettes at the 2010 Creative Art Emmy Awards Saturday.

The 37-year-old actor won best guest actor in a comedy series for Glee and he also received hardware for hosting the 63rd Annual Tony Awards, which won outstanding special program. Harris also has a shot at a third Emmy this year: He is nominated for best supporting actor in a comedy series for his work on How I Met Your Mother.

Five was the magic number for Betty White and John Lithgow, as both actors won their fifth Emmy. White, 88, was named best guest actress in a comedy series for hosting Saturday Night Live. Lithgow won best guest actor in a drama for his performance on Dexter.

Lithgow, 64, accidentally thanked HBO, rather than Dexter's network, Showtime, at the podium."I'll never live that down. They'll probably be taking this back now," he joked backstage. "I wondered why people were laughing. Now I know."

HBO got plenty of other shout-outs, as the cable channel took home 17 awards, seven of which were for the WWII miniseries, The Pacific.

Ann-Margret won her first Emmy for best guest actress in a drama series for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Survivor host Jeff Probst won for best host of a reality competition program, while freshman series Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution won outstanding reality program.

Other notable winners included Anne Hathaway, who snagged the award for her voice-over performance on The Simpsons, and "Old Spice guy" Isaiah Mustafa, who won for best commercial. The Colbert Report won the Emmy for outstanding writing for a variety, music or comedy series.

The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards air live Sunday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on NBC.

Last edited:
Thank's Destiny, I didn't even realize this was on:confused:, damn I woulda have watched it.. dropped the ball on this one, But glad that Betty White won, she was an absoulute riot on SNL, one of the best ever, she's still so peppy and full of vim and vigor. And Ann Margaret to, she was fantastic on L&O:bolian:

Thank's Destiny, I didn't even realize this was on:confused:, damn I woulda have watched it..
That was the "2010 Creative Art Emmy Awards Saturday", I should have made note of that (will do that now), I think you might be talking about the regular emmy's. "The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards air live Sunday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on NBC."

The regular Emmy Nominations can be found Here

No, I realize the regular Emmy's are on 8-29, I just didn't see this listed, what channel was it on? OH, well, it's over now.. no biggie, thank's for the list too~

No, I realize the regular Emmy's are on 8-29, I just didn't see this listed, what channel was it on? OH, well, it's over now.. no biggie, thank's for the list too~
Actually its not. It hasn't aired yet. "The ceremony was held at NOKIA theatre L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles. The event will air as a two-hour special on Friday, August 27, at 1:00 p.m. (ET/PT), on E! Entertainment Television." They taped it when they were giving out the awards. While it won't be live, and you have the winners for that you can still watch the acceptance speeches and all that.

Back