Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a bummer that Louise is not coming back. :(

Greg is still dealing with the fact that when you start out as somebody's assistant, there's still a tendency for people to treat him like he's just the DNA guy with the goofy hair.

Well the way I interpret this is maybe it is because Greg has never really had a true solo case yet. He is in a way always someone's assistant on a case. Wasn't it Nick who had the same situation at first when CSI started. He wanted to work solo? (Or was it Sara?) I can see that being maybe what they mean. Who can blame him for getting upset too when the new guy (Ray) has already been lead/solo on a few cases and he has not even been there a year. I just hope they do not make Greg's reactions too OOC.

Bolding is mine. Wasn't Greg's sort of first solo case the one in Fannysmackin'? Could it be that Grissom felt bad at the time and didn't let him go out alone after that and then Catherine followed suit? It might explain why it's not that they don't see Greg as a competent CSI but he's kinda like "the kid" you know. The "baby" of the family and the one who needs the most looking out for.

Wasn't Greg's sort of first solo case the one in Fannysmackin'?

I think Greg was just on his way into work when he saw all of that going on and decided to stop it. I don't think he was actually supposed to work a case alone, but I could be wrong.

I do like the idea behind what you said though. I think if there was a case that they felt would remind Greg of what happened to him (either the fire or the beating) then they didn't let him take that case even though he wanted it, he might feel like it was because they didn't think he could handle it when in reality they were just being overprotective. I actually like that idea a whole lot. It would go with the whole "family" theme. For them to think of Greg as the youngest of the family (although if you include Wendy, he's not lol).

That is a bummer that Louise is not coming back. :(

Greg is still dealing with the fact that when you start out as somebody's assistant, there's still a tendency for people to treat him like he's just the DNA guy with the goofy hair.

Well the way I interpret this is maybe it is because Greg has never really had a true solo case yet. He is in a way always someone's assistant on a case. Wasn't it Nick who had the same situation at first when CSI started. He wanted to work solo? (Or was it Sara?) I can see that being maybe what they mean. Who can blame him for getting upset too when the new guy (Ray) has already been lead/solo on a few cases and he has not even been there a year. I just hope they do not make Greg's reactions too OOC.

Bolding is mine. Wasn't Greg's sort of first solo case the one in Fannysmackin'? Could it be that Grissom felt bad at the time and didn't let him go out alone after that and then Catherine followed suit? It might explain why it's not that they don't see Greg as a competent CSI but he's kinda like "the kid" you know. The "baby" of the family and the one who needs the most looking out for.

He also worked the Adler case solo in "The Happy Place". He may have asked Sara about the case, but he was solo on it.

Actually here is the lines for that ep.
I think Kasey is referring to the liquor store robbery
GRISSOM: You're a big boy, Greg. You don't need a wingman for this.
GREG: Primary. (smiles) Nice.

And I think others thought this was meant.
(Greg is driving on the road, making his way to the liquor store to pick up the sweater from Sofia. As he drives, he hears sounds of people grunting and yelling.) (He turns and sees an attack at the far end of an alleyway. Greg stops and reverses.) (Sure enough, there is a group of about a dozen individuals beating up a man on the ground.) (Greg stops and calls it in on his radio.)

Don't know if this is it, but I also included a link to the transcript of the episode to better help with it. :)

I forgot about that. :lol: But, to me a roberry is not the same thing. Anyone can work a robbery alone. Holly Gribbs was doing it in season one. But I don't think Greg has yet to get a solo murder case.

Correct me (nicely) if I'm wrong but I thought in order to make Level 3 you had to have 100 solved solo cases? It's been a while since I watched the Pilot though so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I forgot about that. :lol: But, to me a roberry is not the same thing. Anyone can work a robbery alone. Holly Gribbs was doing it in season one. But I don't think Greg has yet to get a solo murder case.

He was on the Pam Adler case, solo! Which ended up being a murder.

Egeria, you're sorta right. You have to solve 100 cases to become a CSI Level 3, but they don't have to be solos.

Correct me (nicely) if I'm wrong but I thought in order to make Level 3 you had to have 100 solved solo cases? It's been a while since I watched the Pilot though so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I'm not certain, but I think it just had to be 100 cases. I recall Nick complaining later that season that he wasn't getting that many solos. Perhaps he just had to be the primary on the cases or something. I haven't seen the pilot in awhile either (it's hard to watch, it's so...weird, characterization wise).

Actually here is the lines for that ep.
I think Kasey is referring to the liquor store robbery
GRISSOM: You're a big boy, Greg. You don't need a wingman for this.
GREG: Primary. (smiles) Nice.

And I think others thought this was meant.
(Greg is driving on the road, making his way to the liquor store to pick up the sweater from Sofia. As he drives, he hears sounds of people grunting and yelling.) (He turns and sees an attack at the far end of an alleyway. Greg stops and reverses.) (Sure enough, there is a group of about a dozen individuals beating up a man on the ground.) (Greg stops and calls it in on his radio.)

Don't know if this is it, but I also included a link to the transcript of the episode to better help with it. :)

What Destiny said....:p

ANNOUNCEMENT

People have been asking when the discussion thread will go up for the first episode of this season, which will air on Sept 24th. I will be putting that thread up sometime around the 18th or so. Not sure yet if were going Friday to Saturday or Sunday to Saturday yet. ;) Hopefully this helps with this knowledge.

We now return you to your regular scheduled discussions. :lol:

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT

People have been asking when the discussion thread will go up for the first episode, which will air on Sept 24th. I will be putting that thread up sometime around the 18th or so. Not sure yet if were going Friday to Saturday or Sunday to Saturday yet. ;) Hopefully this helps with this knowledge.

We now return you to your regular scheduled discussions. :lol:

Aw! Your public service announcement made me miss the best part! Now I have to wait for the rerun. :lol:

Let me guess because I didn't say of this season? Otherwise I am lost and need more caffiene. :lol: :p

What exactly goes with the title of 'Lead CSI'? Technically Greg is already third in the chain of command. (not sure where Sara falls into that) Would that just mean he's always a primary when Cath and Nick aren't around? Wouldn't he be that anyway? Or would he act like a consultant for the entire lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back