"The Descent Of Man" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, April 09, 2009
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#919) "The Descent of Man"

NICK'S INVESTIGATION INTO THE DEATH OF A SKYDIVER MAY BE LINKED TO A MYSTERIOUS DOUBLE MURDER CASE. - Nick's case of a deceased skydiver takes an interesting turn when Catherine discovers there may be a connection between the skydiver and a mysterious double murder case.

Side Note: Pre-production title for this episode was listed as The Case of the Killer Clam

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner

GUEST CAST:
Mink: Charisma Carpenter
George: Greg Germann
Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
Paramedic: Jeffrey D. Stevens
Flight Mechanic: Timothy McLaughlin
Schuyler: Erin Daniels
Max Girard: Ivo Nandi
Pierre Delongue: Emmanuel Delcour
Highway Patrolman: Charley Rossman
Holy Steven: Andrew Kirsanov
Gretchen Javid: Lindsay Hartley
Ismail Javid: Kavon Karami
Allen McKenna.: Michael Gianelli
Deputy Sheriff: Eric Allan Kramer
Bird Watcher: Joe Ochman
Persian Killer: Christopher Maleki

WRITTEN BY: Evan Dunsky
DIRECTED BY: Chris Leitch

THANKS TO: The Futon Critic

Looking forward to this episode. It really seems to be a funny, light-hearted episode.

Side Note: Pre-production title for this episode was listed as The Case of the Killer Clam

Also, that title was proved to be a foiler.

"death of a skydiver"? More recycled storylines? Nick's already had that storyline.

YAY! for an Erin Daniels appearance. Hopefully she gets some scenes with LLS and we can see how they interact with each other as different characters.

"death of a skydiver"? More recycled storylines? Nick's already had that storyline.

Actually, that was a hanglider. :lol: But it does feel similiar, doesn't it? :lol:
LOL for me, it's the same thing. They're both in the air, relying on a parachute so they don't go *splat* into the ground :lol:
It's too bad they killed off Sam Braun. Scott Wilson was great back in the day as skydiver, Malcom, in "The Gypsy Moths". They could have somehow tied the storyline to Sam and used the old footage from that movie in flashbacks.

Actually, that was a hanglider. :lol: But it does feel similiar, doesn't it? :lol:
LOL for me, it's the same thing. They're both in the air, relying on a parachute so they don't go *splat* into the ground :lol:
It's too bad they killed off Sam Braun. Scott Wilson was great back in the day as skydiver, Malcom, in "The Gypsy Moths". They could have somehow tied the storyline to Sam and used the old footage from that movie in flashbacks.

yeah, it is sort of the same thing. I just meant that to me it seems like maybe they had planned on hanglider and then at the last minute went "oh wait, we've done that before with a Nick case, better make it slightly different and use skydiver instead". :lol:

I kind of miss Sam. :(

Still this episode looks good and the guest starring of Charisma Carpenter will make it at least watchable once. :lol: I hope someone caps her scenes. And it looks like she'll get scenes with George which is great. I hope she gets some with Greg and Riley as well and Marg too.

Last edited:
Charisma Carpenter. This should be awesome. I seriously hope we get some Marg/Charisma scenes. And some Charisma/Eric scenes.

No Mandy again though. This saddens me.

Charisma Carpenter. This should be awesome. I seriously hope we get some Marg/Charisma scenes. And some Charisma/Eric scenes.

No Mandy again though. This saddens me.

Well, at least we get Archie which should mean that Greg won't be reduced to doing Archie's job again.

I want to know where the heck Bobby Dawson is. Someone put out an APB on the guy. :lol:

Yeah but Greg has also done Bobby's job, so maybe he will be doing ballistics instead this week, since Archie is in it. :lol:

I guess what Nick said in "Room Service" was right: Greg is a lab on wheels. He does all the lab techs' jobs and still manages to be a CSI. He must be well educated. :lol:

Yeah, Greg is a genius...he can do it all! :) Well anyway this episode does look good, and from the promo its looks as if Riley is also on the case with Nick. Hopefully Ray won't step in a take over the case or the episode. :(

Didn't Greg graduate highschool early? I'm sure I read somewhere that Greg was literally, a genius. Maybe I read that wrong.

Supposedly he did graduate High School early and was on full scholarship for college, so yeah he is supposed to sort of be one but they seem to have forgot that. I remember Nick used to like to call him Genius or Einstein.

Greg is really smart. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford, which he went to on a full ride. With regards to his lab work, didn't he used to do other lab techs' jobs back in S1 or S2? I could've sworn I remember him doing stuff that would now be sent to Tox or Trace.

Back