Proper Posting~Fan Art Style - Please read and respond

cinegirl

Coroner
Alright, Megan and I realized a certain increase of spammy posts/comments in nearly all threads here in Fan Art lately, and though we know that our beloved little Forum isn't comparable with real Discussion Forums such as 'Shipper Central' etc. we'd like to ask you to add a bit more content to your posts and avoid to get too chatty.

We won't implement a minimum-lines-rule, but when you're commenting on someone's icons, wallpapers, banners, manipulations try to add WHY you like (or don't like) their work.

For example:

That's a no-no when commenting:

"Yeah, lovely. :D"

Please just add some reasons and we're happy ;)

"Great work XXX, I love how you blended those two pictures and the coloring is just amazing, very well done. Also the cropping is awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup: "

The same applies to posting icons and banners.

For example someone creates an icon in the morning, the day just began and probably this icon maker will create some more stuff during the day - so try to hang back a bit, collect your newly created icons and post them at one go and don't directly post the first icon, two hours later you finished a second one and post it and so on. (Gosh, this sounds confusing, sorry, I hope you get what I mean)
The three icons maximum per post rule still applies, just for clarification ;)

Please don't be scared now, this is a pretty 'Easy Rule' and we won't slap you when you post only one icon because you didn't make more during a day, but remember that this board is originally a discussion board and even Fan Art deserves some, well, discussion. ;)

Do you have any questions, concerns, problems with this new rule? Go ahead and post it here or pm either DragonflyDreamer or myself (cinegirl), we'll try to help, calm you down, bribe you with brownies, whatever is needed. :D

Read and understood.

(Isn't it weird that the only thread where it's acceptable to be this brief is the one asking us to say more?) :D

Back