Finale Movie -- SPOILERS

blackflag

Chocoholic for Life
Since it's a "2-hour TV Movie Event" (as they say!) and not a season 16.

And a spoiler has come out...

Ask Ausiello

Question: Hey, Aus. Big Fan. Any inside scoop on the CSI finale movie? —Brandon

Ausiello: Hey, Bran. Rumor has it the show’s two-hour Sept. 27 swan song will kick off with a significant time jump — we’re talking roughly six months. I’m also hearing there’s a pivotal death.

To me we'll learn Finn's death. I don't see them using screen time for her if they plan to bring all the original cast...

But would Grissom and Catherine come back for the funeral of a woman they didn't know?

I'm thinking Brass, Doc or David. :eek:

Maybe Finn is in a recovery center so we won't "see" her. *shrug*

To me we'll learn Finn's death. I don't see them using screen time for her if they plan to bring all the original cast...

But would Grissom and Catherine come back for the funeral of a woman they didn't know?
All the spoiler is saying is that there's a "pivotal" death. It's not saying that's what brings back Grissom or Catherine. Quite frankly I hope they come back to solve a crime!

Susan

I wish Brass and Nick would come back. Too bad we won't see one last Warrick flashback though :(

I am glad GSR is being addressed.

Ask Ausiello

♦ Casting for CSI‘s two-hour series finale is still being finalized, but one alum who I’m hearing will not be participating in the swan song is (no surprise here) Gary Dourdan.

No surprise there. In all fairness, Warrick's storyline was wrapped up pretty succinctly.

The more you think about what you'd like to see in this finale, the more you realize how short 2 hours will actually be :(

The more you think about what you'd like to see in this finale, the more you realize how short 2 hours will actually be :(
All I want they could do in an hour! I just want an interesting case that needs the entire team to solve it.

---------------------​

Started today on #csi finale, recognize that photo? @LouisMilito directing the final CSI!

(Pic at the link.) Looks like they changed who was directing.

--------------------​

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Marg Helgenberger hasn’t seen a script for the CSI movie yet

But the 'Under the Dome' star is excited: 'All I've been told is that everyone's coming back'

The special, series ending CSI movie is set to debut on Sept. 27 on CBS, which gives star Marg Helgenberger plenty of time to check out its script. Speaking to Lynette Rice in the Entertainment Weekly Lounge at Comic-Con, Helgenberger revealed that the project is still without a screenplay, but will start filming at the end of this month.

“It supposedly stars July 29,” Helgenberger said. “As of last week, I talked to one of the producers and the guy who is directing, and they haven’t seen a script yet.”

But despite the lack of written words, Helgenberger says fans should expect the CSI film to pay tribute to the series in a big way. “All I’ve been told is that everyone’s coming back, including William Petersen,” she said. “But I’m running the case. Not Billy.”

As for why Petersen is taking a back seat? “It made have had to do with Billy once saying, ‘I’m not going to work very hard!’” Helgenberger joked.

In addition to CSI, the 56-year-old actress is also a new cast member on season 3 of Under the Dome. Helgenberger and her Under the Dome costars Mike Vogel and Colin Ford discussed the origin of Christine Price, the future of the dome and what else fans can expect this season during the interview.

Last edited:
Click the link for the whole article.

How Discovery Channel Has Inspired Everyone from Oprah to the Creator of CSI

Right now, Zuiker's attention is squarely on wrapping up the show that Discovery helped inspire: Later this month, he'll start production on CSI's two-hour series finale. While the show's future seemed murky last season, Zuiker wasn't informed of its fate until shortly before CBS' upfront in May. "A finale is not something that is given too often in this business, so I'm relishing the opportunity," he said.

"It is a love letter to the fans," Zuiker said of the finale, which will bring back the show's original stars, William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger. "It's a complicated and rich case that brings all of our people back together, and has a very satisfactory conclusion that life will go on. And there's many, many takeaways that I think our audience will appreciate. If you are a devoted fan, you'll be very, very pleased emotionally how things wrap up. And if you're a new fan, I think you'll find yourself in for a two-hour ride."

Beyond the return of Petersen and Helgenberger, "we do fully expect most of the cast members back, but there will not be any cast members from Miami or New York," said Zuiker. "I've already written the finale, and it's a great pleasure to revisit these characters and have them come to life again."

Once he finishes the CSI finale, Zuiker will turn his focus back to CSI: Cyber, where he serves as executive producer, as well as the Broadway musical he's writing (an official announcement is still several months away, he said, but "that's a fairly big commitment"). He also hopes to one day partner with the network that inspired him 16 years ago.

This was already posted in the news section, but I'm going to post it here as well. Here's a nice quote from Anthony Zuiker regarding the finale:

It is a love letter to the fans. It’s a complicated and rich case that brings all of our people back together, and has a very satisfactory conclusion that life will go on. And there’s many, many takeaways that I think our audience will appreciate. If you are a devoted fan, you’ll be very, very pleased emotionally how things wrap up. And if you’re a new fan, I think you’ll find yourself in for a two-hour ride.

I think that sums up what the show used to be. Emotional for those who were invested, and fun for those who didn't watch regularly.

Back