CSI Renewed for season 15

blackflag

Chocoholic for Life
CBS ANNOUNCES RENEWALS FOR 18 PRIMETIME SHOWS FOR NEXT SEASON

Combined With Two Previously Announced Renewals, Network Has Now Picked Up 20 Returning Series for 2014-2015

Returning Series Will Include the #1 Drama, #1 Comedy, #1 New Comedy and #1 News Program

CBS, America’s most-watched network, today announced pick-ups for 18 series for next season. Combined with its previously announced pick-ups, CBS has now renewed 20 returning series for the 2014-2015 season, encompassing 17 hours of primetime programming.

“The best way to launch new shows in the fall and throughout the season is to surround them with a strong and stable lineup of successful series,” said Nina Tassler, Chairman of CBS Entertainment. “The shows we’re picking up today cut across every night of the week and feature genre leaders, time-period winners and the most-watched shows on broadcast television.”

The 18 series renewed today comprise 15.5 hours of CBS’s weekly primetime schedule and include nine dramas, five comedies, two reality series and two news programs.

The nine dramas picked up are: NCIS, television’s #1 drama/scripted program for the fifth consecutive year; NCIS: LOS ANGELES, the #2 drama for the fourth straight year; time-period winners PERSON OF INTEREST, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, HAWAII FIVE-0 and BLUE BLOODS; as well as CRIMINAL MINDS, ELEMENTARY and the acclaimed drama THE GOOD WIFE.

The renewed comedies are 2 BROKE GIRLS, THE MILLERS, which is the #1 freshman comedy of the 2013-2014 season, MIKE & MOLLY, MOM and the long-running hit TWO AND A HALF MEN.

In alternative programming, the Network announced pick-ups for its Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE and UNDERCOVER BOSS.

Finally, in news, CBS will return 60 MINUTES, television’s #1 news program for more than four decades, and 48 HOURS, Saturday’s #1 non-sports program.

In addition to these 18 series, CBS yesterday announced a three-year broadcast deal for THE BIG BANG THEORY. Previously, the Network announced two more editions of the reality series SURVIVOR for next season.

Season-to-date, CBS is television’s #1 network in viewers for the 11th time in 12 years, averaging 10.84 million viewers

Susan

I'm surprised but at the same time pleased. 15 years is a long time for a show to be on. Now lets see who is re-signed :)

Guess they can't cancel it now, with the upcoming spinoff-ripoff-of-Intelligence...
limegreenbiggrin.gif

I still think they should let it die before it's in the trash completely and any worse than it already is.

I'm not shocked. Les Moonves has said that because of CSI has been such a great show for the network, he won't just cancel and that's the end. He say they would give CSI a final season.

So until we hear that, the show will be renewed.

I have a great episode idea...the team investigates when a home remodeler is found dead. The main suspect is the client who was evicted for not appreciating the designers design. :thumbsup:

Er...wait...that's coming up on another show called Flipping Out!..:guffaw:

CSI would be on air and would be renewed until Ted Danson deal or contract to be D.B finish, you know they dont want to cancel a show like csi when Danson left one or two seasons left.

If i dont remember wrong that deal was for 4 seasons or 5.

"CSI" has been able to reduce costs (BP & MH leaving, 22 eps instead of 24, they rarely go to Vegas any more) and that has kept the show running at a profit and kept it on the air.

My honest opinion - They're trying to bleed it dry. They want to get every cent they can from the "CSI" franchise before they cancel it. And every network would be doing the same thing if "CSI" was their franchise. :(

Personally, my only reason for watching "CSI" right now is George Eads. The storylines rarely keep me awake any more and I used to love them.

-------------------​

If i dont remember wrong that deal was for 4 seasons or 5.
Two years at the start of season 14

I'm sure Ted Danson and everyone else have clauses in their contracts stating what happens for both sides if the show gets cancelled before the contract ends.

Susan

Last edited:
"CSI" has been able to reduce costs (BP & MH leaving, 22 eps instead of 24, they rarely go to Vegas any more) and that has kept the show running at a profit and kept it on the air.

Susan

If you also notice they don't go out on the street a lot anymore either. A lot of scenes are indoors. Cuts down on the cost of closing streets in and around LA.

Susan

If you also notice they don't go out on the street a lot anymore either. A lot of scenes are indoors. Cuts down on the cost of closing streets in and around LA.

Plus, they dramatically cut Paul Guilfoyle's episodes. He used to be in almost every one. Now he misses three or more episodes a season.

+ Jorja Fox is not in 6-8 episodes...
+ No Lab Rats anymore.
+ Recurring cast is quite nonexistant now (only Ecklie, Mitchell and Crawford)

Plus, they dramatically cut Paul Guilfoyle's episodes. He used to be in almost every one. Now he misses three or more episodes a season.

That could be Paul Guilfoyle's request. According to Wikipedia, and yes I know they can't be trusted, Paul lives with his family in New York. He may fly to LA to do a couple of episodes and they fly back to be with family.

That could be Paul Guilfoyle's request. According to Wikipedia, and yes I know they can't be trusted, Paul lives with his family in New York. He may fly to LA to do a couple of episodes and they fly back to be with family.
According to an interview Paul did for this site back in 2012: "I’m taking episodes off because it’s a way to save some money on the show, for financial reasons." He then said it works out for him because he and his family live in NYC but he does allude to the business side of it.

Back