CSINY Season 9

... It's hard to believe anyone would prefer the apparently-teflon David Caruso's wooden acting over Gary Sinise's talented portrayal of Mac unless, of course, they're watching Miami for the comedic value...

I agree completey. There's one of the main reasons why I watch CSI:NY and not Miami. :bolian:

I really hope CSI:NY will continue *keeping fingers crossed* But of course we got to remember that eight seasons is really admirable already, but I personally would love to see more Mac! :D

TV Guide online has an article about bubble shows. Here's what they say about NY. Nothing we don't already know.

CSI: NY (CBS)
Fridays at 9/8c
The Good News: Despite a nearly two-month midseason hiatus, the show still regularly pulls in almost 10 million viewers on Friday nights.
The Bad News: This show was in the exact same position a year ago. Can it cheat death twice?

I am praying CSINY can survive near death twice. I really think a ninth season could be a good one, but I am an addicted fanatic.

TVGuide.com has a list of 14 bubble shows they'd like to see saved. Surpisingly (to me anyway) NY made the list. Here's what they have to say and I have to say that I agree completely:

The bad news first: The show is battling for a slot on the network that has the fewest to give — and it's battling against franchise sister show CSI: Miami. While Miami is new to the bubble, we still give the edge to Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) & Co. on quality. We'll take Mac's steely silence and more grounded approach over David Caruso's sunglasses and pre-credits zingers. Plus: We like our crime scenes a little grimier than the sun-kissed locales of Miami.

TVGuide.com has a list of 14 bubble shows they'd like to see saved. Surpisingly (to me anyway) NY made the list. Here's what they have to say and I have to say that I agree completely:

The bad news first: The show is battling for a slot on the network that has the fewest to give — and it's battling against franchise sister show CSI: Miami. While Miami is new to the bubble, we still give the edge to Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) & Co. on quality. We'll take Mac's steely silence and more grounded approach over David Caruso's sunglasses and pre-credits zingers. Plus: We like our crime scenes a little grimier than the sun-kissed locales of Miami.
Wow. I'm surprised as well! Very pleasantly surprised. I would have thought they'd dismiss NY against Miami like what seems to be the majority opinion elsewhere. I do have to say they have the difference between Sinise/Mac and Caruso/Horatio described pretty aptly :lol: Ultimately I'm still rather skeptical that NY will win out over Miami, but I do take great satisfaction in the bare fact that Miami fans now know what it's like to squirm over the fate of their show. I know, it's rather mean, but I can't help it....

im not surprised that they're jumping on a new bandwagon, since the numbers show clearly that ny actually has more viewers than miami.

I love that TV Guide accurately distinguished the two CSIs. Though Horatio is what makes Miami Miami(er), it's sad that they can only describe him as the man with sunglasses and hilarious one-liners. From what I see, I think Horatio cares about the victim's family more than anyone else does. And his gray area is more explored than Mac who's most of time the by-the-book.

About the crime scenes, well they forgot to include that Miami CSIs wear white expensive pants and suits. Not to mention Horatio wears all black suits on 100-degree heat Miami.

Well, it's refreshing that all 3 CSIs are different--different styles, locations, personalities, etc. That's what makes them all unique. :)

The ‘CSI’ Franchise Reigns Globally, But Will It Stay Intact Next Season?

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday May 1, 2012 @ 11:59pm PDT
Tags: CSI: NY and CSI: Miami

COMMENTS (0)

The Monte-Carlo Television Festival today announced this year’s finalists for the International TV Audience Awards in three categories, Drama TV Series, Comedy TV Series, and Telenovelas/Soap Operas. The drama category, featuring the three most watched drama series in the world, provided a rare sweep as the nominees were U.S.’ CSI, CSI: NY and CSI: Miami.

The latest reminder how immensely popular the CSI franchise is around the world comes as the two spinoffs, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY face danger of cancellation at CBS. (The mothership CSI series has been renewed for next season.) Both spinoff series were uprooted from their long-time Monday 10 PM (CSI: Miami) and Wednesday 10 PM (CSI: NY) slots last season to make room for new shows. In addition to strong international sales, both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY have lucrative off-network syndication deals in place, with TNT and Spike TV (CSI:NY) and AMC and A&E (SCI:Miami). Both series’ current seasons were abbreviated and speculation is that one of them probably won’t make it to next fall. CSI:NY is younger and thus cheaper but CSI: Miami is higher-rated. And the recent off-network deal with AMC has the network committed to two more seasons of the David Caruso-starring procedural if produced. The scenario making the rounds today had CSI:NY staying and CSI:Miami going away, with cost as a main argument. If that happens, Caruso is prepared. After almost a decade without an agent, the CSI: Miami star recently signed with WME.

Even if one of the CSI series goes away, the franchise’s producer Jerry Bruckheimer still may have four series on CBS next season (His company also produces the network’s reality veteran The Amazing Race), as Jerry Bruckheimer TV also has drama pilot Trooper in contention for next season. Observers speculate that the pilot’s pickup chances may increase if one of the CSI spinoffs gets canceled as CBS has made it clear that it wants to be in the Jerry Bruckheimer business. CBS has to make the decision before its May 16 upfront presentation. So by the time the winners of the International TV Audience Awards are announced on June 14, one of the three drama series nominees may be already dead. CSI: NY is the only series that has not won the award. The mothership was honored last year as well as in 2007 and 2008; CSI: Miami won in 2006.

source: http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/the...season/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I would have thought NY would be too expensive to produce.

That being said, how many episodes would NY have for next season? Fringe has 14 episodes next year as it would be its last.

The argument that Miami costs more, can work for or against NY imo. Speaking strictly on episode production costs alone, Miami is only expensive because it wants to be, not because it has to be. It could easily get rid of that "star trek" computer, the split screen stuff and all other things that cost Miami so much and is not really necessary.
If Miami is making cbs more money, even by a fraction, then, it is easier to cut a budget than it is to make one.

Back