CSINY Season 9

I look for Miami to be off in 1-2 years. New York will follow behind it, then CSI-Vegas will leave shortly after NY goes off. Vegas has well over reached it's time to leave the network for prime time, Sunday Nights are weak nights for TV, and I think CBS moving Miami was a way to end it in a few years. NY will follow behind it. Vegas and Miami have passed 10 Seasons, and no matter the show (excluding Survivor) the usual run for TV Shows in our era is about 8-10 Season. CBS needs to kill Survivor, it's old, I don't think as many people are watching as CBS thinks. The Survivor Fanfare died after 9/11. It's way past time for that show to go away. Just my two cents worth.

... It's hard to believe anyone would prefer the apparently-teflon David Caruso's wooden acting over Gary Sinise's talented portrayal of Mac unless, of course, they're watching Miami for the comedic value...
I agree. That pretty much the reason that I watch Miami. But to think CBS would cut CSI NY first is saddening. But I am setting myself up for NY getting axed. I just hope that should it get cancelled that Gary will still act rather than doing LT. Dan Band full-time.

... It's hard to believe anyone would prefer the apparently-teflon David Caruso's wooden acting over Gary Sinise's talented portrayal of Mac unless, of course, they're watching Miami for the comedic value...
I agree. That pretty much the reason that I watch Miami. But to think CBS would cut CSI NY first is saddening. But I am setting myself up for NY getting axed. I just hope that should it get cancelled that Gary will still act rather than doing LT. Dan Band full-time.

I can't see him doing LT. Dan Band full-time because he will need the money. He may be set for live but you never know in this economy.

I just don't get all the apparent Miami love among the execs. Of course its ratings are marginally higher than New York! Most of the annointed demographic is out partying on Fridays and back home on Sunday nights. Plus NY is competing with one of NBC's only decent shows, Grimm, as well as Fox's Fringe. It's hard to believe anyone would prefer the apparently-teflon David Caruso's wooden acting over Gary Sinise's talented portrayal of Mac unless, of course, they're watching Miami for the comedic value. And Sela Ward has added a new dimension to the show. Jo is such a mother figure instead of a potential love interest for Mac; I never saw that one coming! Perhaps other viewers watch Miami for the same (and only) reason I do: the beautiful outdoor shots that translate so well to a large-screen television. :cool: :lol:.

just because you like nY better than mia and ny is going to get cancelled doesn't mean you have to make fun of mia and david caruso you know? maybe if the fans were supportive of all 3 shows instead of fighting for one, cbs might keep them all around

Nothing we don't already know, but here's another mention form TVGuide's Ask Matt:

Question: Has CSI: NY been canceled? — Carole
Matt Roush: No, not yet. I'm bringing this up again because I must get at least a dozen or more questions a week of this variety since the show's hiatus, which began in mid-February, telling me that CBS did a spectacularly bad job in preparing the fans for the break. CSI: NY will be back March 30 with new episodes through the end of the season — and I'll be reviewing the return episode, which includes a flashback element to the 1950s — but I should also take this opportunity to prepare fans for the worst. The show almost didn't make the cut last season, and much like how NBC began to scale back the Law & Order franchise after they had run for many years and became prohibitively expensive, the expectation is that CBS could trim one or more of the CSIs from the lineup next season. (In this case, though, the revamped mothership appears to be the most stable and least in danger.) This is by no means a done deal yet, so no premature grieving.

I am still tweeting and I keep trying to find blogs that might post information on the petition. I have been a little distracted with personal stuff, but I am gonna try to give it more attention this week. #Operation9 #csiny

Hey NY fans, if ever NY gets the boot, we are now free to get out every Friday night ok?No one will force us to watch soporific shows like Blue Bloods. Remember, NY gave BB a great launch two years ago. Now it seems NY is getting the boot? :scream: And The Good Wife also gets renewed? :wtf: It's ok if you like Grimm. It's cool and some former CSI writers are now writing for that show.

Mentioned this in the other thread but I have come to terms with the fact that CSI NY is likely to get the ax. The writing is on the wall..all that remains is for THTB to put the period on it.

Gary Sinuses Club Tweets they did, but I'm going to try not to throw a fit until someplace official says something...I didn't realize that wasn't a verified thing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just said that...we posted at the same time LOL. Or I edited while you posted.

I want to follow Gary's feed but my stupid Google reader wasn't finding it. *Annoyed*

There's been nothing official from CBS. People are probably saying it's cancelled based on the fact that it wasn't part of CBS' early pickup list.

More insight into CBS' rationale for either renewing or cancelling NY via TVGuide's Ask Matt:

Question: Do you think it is possible that CBS will cancel Unforgettable, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY? I really like all of them and I am hoping this won't come true. — Linda

Matt Roush: It is possible one or more of these shows won't be back in the fall, but just because they weren't included in CBS's announcement of early renewals (a whopping 18 series in all) doesn't mean they're necessarily doomed. It really depends on CBS's development and needs going into the new season, and as usual, they're approaching it from a position of stability and overall schedule strength. And while we often say about struggling networks (like NBC) that they can't cancel everything — thus ensuring the survival of bubble shows like Parenthood, for instance — with CBS the situation is that they can't afford, strategically anyway, to renew everything. The CSI spinoffs in particular are long-in-the-tooth and expensive, and much like when CBS eventually let go of decently performing veterans like Without a Trace, Judging Amy and Cold Case, at some point the programmers feel the need to make the call to freshen up the schedule with potential new hits — not always successfully, but CBS's track record is pretty solid. The separation anxiety fans are feeling is pretty common this time of year, but we'll just have to wait until May to see which of these shows make the cut.

They don't always get it right though. I've never forgiven them for Moonlight. Networks ought to be willing to take a few risks when a show is popular but not over the top in the ratings like some shows can be early on. Of course, that doesn't apply to CSI.

I didn't know they were so costly to produce. But I do think changes have happened...they aren't saying either regular CSI or CSI Miami, whichever it is, is the most popular scripted show on TV anymore. And NY's additional problem was spinoff fatigue. They don't usually get the auidence the original show does, and this is the second spinoff.

GS has tweeted we will know in May if NY will be back or not.

Gary Sinise ‏ @GarySinise Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The five new episodes beginning March 30 R remaining shows 4 Season 8.Stay tuned 4 May announcement from CBS on yes or no 4 CSI NY Season 9.

Back