Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #17

Fits more into history class I'd say unless you had to write a paper about what you researched and found but I'm guessing you didn't :lol:

Had some "What does this have to do with English?" situations like that in English myself :lol:

I had to do a chart like the one Judy gave to Doc. Once in the same class I had to write a report on a country, which also should be in a history class LOL.

Didn't you just love Greg's little grin when Donna started talking about his great uncle with the big ego? :lol: That was so adorable.

Fits more into history class I'd say unless you had to write a paper about what you researched and found but I'm guessing you didn't :lol:

Had some "What does this have to do with English?" situations like that in English myself :lol:

I had to do a chart like the one Judy gave to Doc. Once in the same class I had to write a report on a country, which also should be in a history class LOL.

Didn't you just love Greg's little grin when Donna started talking about his great uncle with the big ego? :lol: That was so adorable.

I thought so :lol:

Yep, I did :thumbsup: can't wait to see the pics Dizzney!

If I get time to cap...:lol: It's going to take me awhile...so much Greg goodness in this episode to capture.

Yeah, Nick doesn't strike me as much as someone who would get pulled into his family genealogy as Greg would be just since Greg already has established he likes talking a lot about his family in Norway. Learning more about them I could see would definitely be up his alley.

We had a Greg-less episode last season so this one made up for that.

Yeah, Nick doesn't strike me as much as someone who would get pulled into his family genealogy as Greg would be just since Greg already has established he likes talking a lot about his family in Norway. Learning more about them I could see would definitely be up his alley.

Yeah, Nick strikes me as much more private regarding his family.

We had a Greg-less episode last season so this one made up for that.

We did? What episode was that? I can't recall.

"Unleashed" the one with Lady Heather in it.

Oh. Well, no wonder I forgot that episode lol, I didn't care much for it at all (and it had nothing to do with the lack of Greg lol). I like Heather, but thought she deserved better than that episode. Her presence was only there to further fuel on the whole Raskell storyline. The only good parts to that episode were Nicky and Doc delivering the baby and any other scenes of Nick and the baby lol. I didn't even remember Greg not being in that episode LOL.

If I get time to cap...:lol: It's going to take me awhile...so much Greg goodness in this episode to capture.

We should stay busy during the holidays then :beer:
"Unleashed" the one with Lady Heather in it.

Oh. Well, no wonder I forgot that episode lol, I didn't care much for it at all (and it had nothing to do with the lack of Greg lol). I like Heather, but thought she deserved better than that episode. Her presence was only there to further fuel on the whole Raskell storyline. The only good parts to that episode were Nicky and Doc delivering the baby and any other scenes of Nick and the baby lol. I didn't even remember Greg not being in that episode LOL.

Amen! :thumbsup: Her appearance being a total waste is what really irked me about that ep

Plus I've always wanted Greg/Heather scenes ;)

Me too, on a Greg/Lady Heather scene. Oh it could be so interesting. :lol:

I think I could ship them ;)

ETA: Found this Review from Daemon's TV

In all seriousness, it was a good episode, despite the lack of Nick and Sara, and the one minute of screen time given to Catherine. Greg took center stage, and after eleven years, he’s earned it. I had a thought while watching him lead us into the credits with a line that would have made Gil Grissom proud…out of all the characters still on the show (because I think the ultimate title for this goes to Grissom himself), Greg has changed the most.
He started off as a slightly obnoxious, but utterly adorable lab puppy, smart as hell, but naive and nerdy, always trying just a touch too hard. He became a CSI; he got beat-up by a group of thugs and had to kill one of them; he survived the humiliation of a civil trial; he watched his mentors disappear, one by one. Over the past few years, perhaps owing to the decreased presence of the older characters, but also perhaps owing to the fact that he’s earned his stripes, he’s been allowed to grow up. No longer does he hang on anyone’s coat tails…now he’s at crime scenes, schooling police officers about jumping to conclusions. And while I realize that these are fictional characters, not actual people, I was proud of him in that moment, too

Last edited:
Oh nicey. This episode just shot up my watch list at the top.
I'll be choosing it even over Miami episodes.

I still recall that Greg-less episode and was really irked by that. Though I kinda slipped my attention to it.

I can't make Nick to fit the whole history/genealogy stuff. It's so much for Greg.

Luckily I haven't been in that situation. My English was rather boring and non-productive since all my language skills comes from this forum and fanfictions. Though I wouldn't be able to research my family tree. However mom just started to write down all relatives she knows and their revealance. Wish my dad would be alive and on speaking terms with me.

Ok back to topic. Absolutely awesome review in my pov.
Now I got a greater insight into the episode. And that made me to put up my watch list for some day.

Me too, on a Greg/Lady Heather scene. Oh it could be so interesting. :lol:

I think I could ship them ;)

ETA: Found this Review from Daemon's TV

In all seriousness, it was a good episode, despite the lack of Nick and Sara, and the one minute of screen time given to Catherine. Greg took center stage, and after eleven years, he’s earned it. I had a thought while watching him lead us into the credits with a line that would have made Gil Grissom proud…out of all the characters still on the show (because I think the ultimate title for this goes to Grissom himself), Greg has changed the most.
He started off as a slightly obnoxious, but utterly adorable lab puppy, smart as hell, but naive and nerdy, always trying just a touch too hard. He became a CSI; he got beat-up by a group of thugs and had to kill one of them; he survived the humiliation of a civil trial; he watched his mentors disappear, one by one. Over the past few years, perhaps owing to the decreased presence of the older characters, but also perhaps owing to the fact that he’s earned his stripes, he’s been allowed to grow up. No longer does he hang on anyone’s coat tails…now he’s at crime scenes, schooling police officers about jumping to conclusions. And while I realize that these are fictional characters, not actual people, I was proud of him in that moment, too

I would've liked to see at least some interaction between her and Greg, but oh well.

great interview btw, thanks for posting it :D! I think this guy has pretty much summed up Greg's overall character development throughout the series :).

That was a really great review, so glad to see people responding to Greg in such a positive way.

So now we know we only got this Gregesode because George Eads had to pull out, due to the death of his father. That is sad.

That was a really great review, so glad to see people responding to Greg in such a positive way.

So now we know we only got this Gregesode because George Eads had to pull out, due to the death of his father. That is sad.

That's true, but at least they made it work out, despite Nick's absence, so it didn't look like they made any last minute changes or something onscreen and nothing felt rushed or forced; I think if I had never read the spoilers that Nick was originally supposed to take the lead in this episode, I probably wouldn't have guessed it.

Yeah I wished they would have given Greg an ep like that because they wanted to not because they had to

But now maybe they'll see Eric is perfectly capable of such episodes and give him more episodes like this

Thar review really summed up my thoughts too on how Greg has grown up.

I do think the scenes about the DNA would still have been Greg scenes if Nick had been on the show. I still think the whole genealogy thing really is more suited to Greg than with it would have been with Nick too.

I wonder if we would have gotten a Gregisode this season if it wasn't for this one. :(

Back