CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Stella´s change is mainly due to the shoot-out, it´s like she´s still in a state of shock, but tries not to show it at work, where she instead tries to do her job and behave as usual. But under the surface there´s something going on, there must be definitely a turmoil of trauma inside of her. That she´s not able to approach Danny personally is to me the biggest sign that she´s still shattered by the events. Stella has been in life-threatening situations before, but maybe this last one was the one to eventually freak out her composure. I think it will be a long way back to normal for her.

I agree, her change is due to the shoot out. But I don't think it's because her life was threatened in the shoot out, but everyone else's. With Frankie, her HIV, and the fire, her life was threatened but no one else that she was close to. The only other people who has been seriously hurt/threatened have been relatively unharmed with the exception of Flack at the end of season two. But then I think Stella was so focused on the bomber that she didn't have time to think about anything else. Now that one of her friends has died and another seriously injured, it's starting to take it's toll.

Now, I said all that to say this. Personally, I'd like to see Stella totally break down this season. Not because I want -insert perfered male here- to be there and catch her when she does, but because a) I know Melina would handle it beautifully, and b) we've seen minor upsets from her before, but after six years all that emotion needs to be let out.

^ i'd quite like to see that too, for exactly the same reasons. stella's such a strong character and always seems to take everything in her stride, so it would be interesting to see her not dealing with stuff so well, and you're right, i think melina would do a great job of it.

Just a question- we don't have any hints that there will be any two case episodes any time soon, right?

I so wish we got to see them again! I miss them. It would be good to see two case episodes (or even three case episodes, like in season 1 and partly in season 2). I don't remember if we got any in season 5 (did we?). But I think they would be perfect to allow the characters to shine, all of them. If the team is spilt up in two smaller teams, all of them would be able to do everything, like collecting evidence, interrogating suspects, etc. Plus if they mixed the teams up every episode again, we would see everyone interact with everyone, which would be great for friendship moments. And I would love to see Lindsay lead a case. I mean, Hawkes had his own case, Danny had one, and Lindsay had one in Dancing With The Fishes, but that was connected to Mac's and Stella's case. I think it's about time she gets one as well. So- are there any hints for two case episodes so far or are they really all supposed to be one case episodes until now?

I agree, her change is due to the shoot out. But I don't think it's because her life was threatened in the shoot out, but everyone else's. With Frankie, her HIV, and the fire, her life was threatened but no one else that she was close to. The only other people who has been seriously hurt/threatened have been relatively unharmed with the exception of Flack at the end of season two. But then I think Stella was so focused on the bomber that she didn't have time to think about anything else. Now that one of her friends has died and another seriously injured, it's starting to take it's toll.

Now, I said all that to say this. Personally, I'd like to see Stella totally break down this season. Not because I want -insert perfered male here- to be there and catch her when she does, but because a) I know Melina would handle it beautifully, and b) we've seen minor upsets from her before, but after six years all that emotion needs to be let out.

Kat, as usual you have read my mind :D It's exactly what i wanted to post since yesterday (but i couldn't for my beautiful device)

Stella is scared of losing and that's why i believe she can only connect with them through her job. She has lost too many people in a short time. At some point that will need to be exorcised from her system!
Do I need to say Melina will SHINE with this? :D

Thanks Messer fan for the link!!!!!!!!! :D

Source: New York Post!

Death on the Hudson

‘CSI: NY’ goes on location

By MAXINE SHEN

Gary Sinise gets seasick.

Under normal circumstances, it’s no big deal, but it’s a problem today because “CSI: NY” is filming on the choppy Hudson River south of Chelsea Piers.

“I’m not somebody who deals well with motion, so I’ve taken my Dramamine today,” says Sinise, 54. He wears sunglasses to ward off the bright sunlight filtering through the glass walls of the Bateaux New York cruise boat.

Sitting in his director’s chair as the boat motors along, Sinise, who plays “CSI” supervisor Det. Mac Taylor, admits that the motion sickness drug “makes me a little bit tired, but we’re getting the stuff done that we need to do and it’s great to be back in New York shooting.”

Sinise and co-star Melina Kanakaredes, who plays CSI assistant supervisor Det. Stella Bonasera, are in town for the week, shooting scenes for four different episodes set to air later this fall.

“The city is a big part of our show. Even though we don’t live here, we want to incorporate as much of the city as we can,” says Sinise.

To prove it, the week-long shoot takes the show to Citi Field, the West Side Heliport, Battery Park and Central Park. Earlier in the week, Sinise had a 4 a.m. call time at Lincoln Center for a scene where he had to run against the backdrop of the sunrise.

“I did a lot of running that day,” Sinise says.

It’s worth noting, since he usually has stunt men do the legwork — but not because he’s a prima donna.

“I tore a muscle in my leg in the first season chasing bad guys, so we’re always a little worried about that,” he says. “I don’t want it to flare up again — I was off my feet for three or four weeks.”

The only kind of leg problems that Sinise has to worry about today though, is his sea legs.

This morning’s crime scene — being shot for the show’s ninth episode, airing sometime in November — takes place on the glass boat. In the background, a props guy breaks wineglasses with a hacksaw. (In response, another crew member shouts, “Shalom!”)

Later, the glass will be scattered around two dead bodies: One bears a bloody bullet hole in the temple — he was shot by an angry hedge fund guy — and the other is described as a “jumper mangled” in the script. Kanakaredes and Sinise shoot the scene no fewer than 10 times, from every angle.

In between takes, Sinise notices one of his co-star’s wardrobe accssories. “That’s pretty, have you worn this before?” he asks.

“No, I think it’s new this season,” Kanakaredes replies.

Throughout the location shoot, the director will urge the crew to hurry up and reset the scene in an effort to take advantage of the Hudson’s natural water traffic. He gets excited when boats pass by in the background or calls “cut!” because there’s no activity.

Meanwhile, the glass boat is forced to make sharp turns so that the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge is always in the shot — doing wonders for Sinise’s motion sickness.

“This trip is all about the background,” says a chipper Kanakaredes. 42. “New York is the star of our show. We really want to capture as many beautiful shots of the city as we can and interweave them into our season.”

Unlike Sinise, Kanakaredes loves being on the water.

In fact, she reveals that, “my first job out of college, when I moved to New York, was working for World Yacht Elegant Dining Afloat. It was my first job, to pay for the [acting]dream.”

Pausing, she laughs as she adds, “I look at it as coming full circle in a very fulfilling way.”

Sinise manages to have some fun out on the water too. At one point, he jumps aboard a New York Port Control boat to film the scene where he climbs aboard the glass cruise boat where the dead bodies are located.

Turns out, it’s a real patrol boat that they’re using for the scene.

“They work with us really well. Everybody’s always really supportive and friendly here,” Sinise says.

Although he doesn’t know if any real cops have ever made it onto the show, he says, “the extras are dressed just like the cops, so you can’t tell which is which.”

(The difference between real cops and actor cops can be detected by their wardrobe: when not filming, the actors have to wear their police hats backwards or their police uniform jackets inside-out. They also have fake precinct numbers on their shirts.)

After filming the patrol boat scene, Sinise says, “They let me drive the boat around a little bit, which was fun.”

Peering over his sunglasses, he adds that — with nobody from CBS or the series to hold him back — the boat “was going faster when I was driving it. The other guy had to go a certain speed for the shot, but then he let me drive it back and turned up the juice a little bit.”

Neither Sinise nor Kanakaredes know the complete plots of the episodes they’re filming; they are shooting scenes from scripts that haven’t been completely written.

“We always come here and have our shooting scenes, but we’re saying, ‘Okay, so what happens now? How does it go into the story?’ ” Sinise says.

“I know exactly what Stella knows. It’s almost Brechtian in a way,” says Kanakaredes, referring to the German playwright.

“Like the plays, where they used to eat full meals on stage, it’s like being truly in the moment.”

Dateline: “CSI”

A look at some new — and old — faces on “CSI” and its spin-offs.

* SKEET ULRICH

The former “Jericho” star is back on CBS, this time guest-starring on “CSI: NY.” During his three episode arc, which begins on Wednesday, Ulrich plays the creepy “Compass Killer.”

“He plays a very interesting, demented guy who’s doing all these murders and wants to be found,” explains Melina Kanakaredes (Det. Stella Bonasera). “He sets it up by leaving a compass on the body or at the crime scene.”

Originally Posted by perlnoir:
The former “Jericho” star is back on CBS, this time guest-starring on “CSI: NY.” During his three episode arc, which begins on Wednesday, Ulrich plays the creepy “Compass Killer.”

“He plays a very interesting, demented guy who’s doing all these murders and wants to be found,” explains Melina Kanakaredes (Det. Stella Bonasera). “He sets it up by leaving a compass on the body or at the crime scene.”

Ugh, this is the first time I've actually looked at the spoilers for the "Compass Killer" storyline...don't know if anyone's already mentioned this, but doesn't this sound exactly like the "minature-killer" storyline on CSI Vegas? Only with less effort on the part of the criminal? It bothers me when they recycle storylines like this.

well, i dunno. I only watch CSI NY so any serial killer is welcome in my TV :D

Thanks Perl. Poor Gary!!!! I am ready for that episode!!!!! :D Love real NYC episodes!!!!!

Debbie :D

PV does mention what happens to Hawkes in a future episode,
I am definitely ready for some more Hawkes scenes, and how about a little more Sid? Heck for that matter lets really stir the pot and bring back Rikki to be Dannys personal nurse and watch him have a Real speedy recovery!!:lol:

yes! I haven't finished watching 6.02 but Sid is sorely missed!!!!!!

And what is Sheldon's episode????? 6.03? 6.04?????? what about his new girlfriend???????

I've kinda got used to Danny without glasses. I just hope by the end of episode 6.12 he's standing and slowly getting around on crutches and by the end of the season he's walking without a cane or crutches.

Thanks for the article! :thumbsup:

I feel sorry for Gary. I know what he means about not liking things which move. Like boats. I have that same thing. Boats, lifts etc. I feel really sick.:(

Atleast he and Melina seemed have fun there! :lol: It's always nice to read articles about Gary, I didn't know that leg thing at all. Poor him! :( I just hope it doesn't effect much from the shooting. I don't really like doubles. I wanna see him! :hugegrin:

^ i like both kinds of eps really. the 2 case ones are great for interactions but i do like a lot of mac as well :)

i feel sorry for him on the seasickness thing too, i don't usually get motion sickness but i did get seasick once and was stuck on the boat for 9 hours, it was hell. and i hope he doesn't do his leg in again as well. but it does sound like they have fun on the shoots - i liked the thing about him noticing melina's outfit and commenting - it's nice that a man can notice these things!

yes! I haven't finished watching 6.02 but Sid is sorely missed!!!!!!

And what is Sheldon's episode????? 6.03? 6.04?????? what about his new girlfriend???????

IIRC from the spoilers, it's the sixth episode of the season. No word on the girlfriend, though! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back