Zuiker NY question

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsGirlMel, Aug 20, 2006.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

In the back of the CSI LV graphic novel Thicker Than Blood,there's an Anthony Zuiker interview. It's from 2003, when just Miami and LV existed, and he was asked about doing a third spinoff. His reply was about wanting to do a foriegn one like London because "CSI New Orleans or CSI New York" would be too much like the other two.

What made him and everyone change their minds by a year later and go with CSI NY anyway instead of the foriegn one?

I see his point though about things being the same, even with three shows, more people watch LV and Miami than NY. Which I'll never figure out...I know spinoffs get boring after a while but what makes Miami and LV different from NY that people watch those two but not NY as much?

I did have to laugh about his comment "if we did CSI London, I'd like to use Teenage Wasteland" when asked about the Who theme songs.

2. feenx

feenx Coroner

I would have loved to see a csi:london.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Most of the shows' scenes are filmed in Los Angeles. They have a few flyovers filmed and they go out to the actual city (NY, Miami, or LV) for a few exterior shots maybe once or twice a season. FOr a series to take place in London or some other foreign city, they would have to find architecture, vehicles, and backgrounds in Los Angeles that would be similar to the area the show takes place.

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ That's a really good point. The production costs of trying to replicate London on any kind of any ongoing basis for a show are probably too great.

5. feenx

feenx Coroner

another thing would be the actors, not that many people know actors from over there.

6. athens

athens Coroner

I believe NY is still a baby :lol:...!I mean the original csi is going to season 7 and miami 6 if I don't make a mistake and NY just season 3!...all of them are equally good and even if they did a csi:london or paris or zurich or anyplace they wouldn't quarantee that it would be a succes..NY I believe it is because it has a lot of fans... :cool:

7. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

i dnt really like the idea of a csi london. i can imagine it now being an americans view of english ppl and anthony wud av them all sipping tea and have them with over english accents like jane parsons! lol. i love the shows coz there american as no other country wud have the same flag raising, do gooding, country loving pride that seems so exsistant in all of the 3 shows.

8. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

You can't have CSI:London - we don't have CSIs over here, and we're way behind the USA in terms of forensics. SOCO:London would be grumpy people in head-to-toe white suits :D

9. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

They may not be called CSIs, but you do have Scene of Crime Officers. And who said CSI was realistic?

10. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Like I said, it would be SOCO:London. Which is not as nearly as sexy, is it?

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Would a crazy field investigator in London be nicknamed the Loco SOCO?