Zuiker: It's Not How You Start But How You End

CSI Files

Captain
It has been almost ten years since CSI creator Anthony Zuiker first sat down with CSI: New York star Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor) about leading the Big Apple-based spinoff, and the pair spoke on the phone recently about the show’s cancellation. “Gary was so thankful for the opportunity,” Zuiker told Zap2It. “He said it was [...]

More...

As much as I hate that NY (and Miami) are gone now, it's easy to forget that there were three CSI shows on the air for eight years before Miami was cancelled. A lot of good shows don't even last one year, so to have a franchise expanding and staying strong for so long is a big deal.

I also agree with him that Miami's cancellation was premature, but I wouldn't have wanted to see NY end instead, so I'll just say I wish they'd both lasted this long (although having them both end at the same time would hurt too).

As much as I hate that NY (and Miami) are gone now, it's easy to forget that there were three CSI shows on the air for eight years before Miami was cancelled. A lot of good shows don't even last one year, so to have a franchise expanding and staying strong for so long is a big deal.

I also agree with him that Miami's cancellation was premature, but I wouldn't have wanted to see NY end instead, so I'll just say I wish they'd both lasted this long (although having them both end at the same time would hurt too).

Indeed,I don't think people realize that in this day and age, a show lasting beyond five years is a tough task.
I would say in regards to Miami,I felt it had jumped the shark. Never had that feeling with NY.

Back