'World CSI Day' Shatters Guinness World Record

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, CBS attempted to break the Guinness World Record for “Largest Ever TV Drama Simulcast” during “World CSI Day” last Wednesday, March 4. The results are in, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has officially broken the record! The CSI episode “Kitty”, which introduced CSI: Cyber, aired in 171 countries at 7:00pm […]

More...

I'd be interested to know the number of people who watched in those 171 countries (and on CBS.com). CSI undoubtedly had more countries included in their simulcast, but did they have more overall viewers than Doctor Who? These are the things I wonder...

(Also, this whole thing was poorly planned. There wasn't even a place to go and find out which channel it was airing on in your country. I assumed it was actually airing on TV in the US, not just on the website. I guess it's my fault for misinterpreting that, but there should have been a website with a handy list. I kept seeing people on Twitter trying to find out if their country was included. Local stations tweeted for some countries, but still...)

Back