Without a Trace & the Cabbie killer

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by wamdue, May 24, 2008.

1. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

having just watched "Taxi" and in it the mentioned the FBI, to which I said "yes where is Jack Malone" given the crossover earlier in the season CSI NY & Without a Trace are in the same New York, so my larger question is, is the terror & problems (ie getting to work) caused by the cabbie killer reflected in Without a Trace? It seems logical the WaT character would mention it, or talk about helping find him.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Part of me always thought when they did the LV crossover would have been so much better to do NY as same location but I realised Mac and Jack are very similar so wouldnt have been as interesting as Jack and Grissom who are total opposites.

I still think it would be a cool crossover but doubt it would happen.

3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

You bring up a very good point. If they wanted the shows to be as realistic as possible, they should have showed some kind of effect of the "Cabbie Killer" on Without A Trace. They are in the same city, afterall. Maybe it was just too hard to cordinate the filmings and what not.

Im hoping for a crossover though! I think Mac and Jack would work great together. And plus their names rhyme :p How cute.

4. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Why do they need to show the affects of the cabbie killer on without a trace??? just because they take place in the same city doesn't mean they are going to talk about each others shows. I mean How I Met Your Mother takes place in NY, are they suppossed to talk about the cabbie killer?? No that would be stupid, its TV not real life, one TV show isn't going to mention a story line form another show (unless they are doing/going to do a crossover) doesn't matter if their on the same network or not!

5. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

They dont need to do anything, but its just our opinion that they should show some kind of connection. Without a Trace consists of FBI officers so it would be logical that they would communicate and work with NYC cops. Also they are on the same network and the shows have been working together before (well, LV..but oh well). This is more like our suggestion to make the show a little more interesting.

The only reason why I would object to them mentioning the Cabbie killer on Without a Trace is that their viewers might not be familiar with the current cases on CSI:NY so for some people it would be pointless and confusing. But for the people who watch both shows, it would be pretty cool.

6. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

obviously How I Meet Your Mother isnt going to talk about it, its not part of the CSIverse. Without a Trace did a CSI crossover, not with NY with Vegas, but it counts for all the CSIs (even Cold Case counts)

and im not asking for alot just of a couple of lines one about the problems they have getting to work, and another about wanting to help find him.

ILuvJonathanTogo fair point it could confuse non CSI NY viewers.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They couldn't do a WAT/CSI NY c/o because there would be way too many rhyming names. Not only Jack and Mac, but there's also Flack. :lol:

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Ha ha ha. Reminds me of that old song, the Name Game, by Shirley Ellis.

9. Nichele

Nichele Civilian

And let's not forget that there's more than one Danny, as well. Oy! Much as I love both shows, a crossover wouldn't work. Talk about causing some confusion! :lol:

10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

IMO, it wouldn't make much sense to do a Crossover with WOaT and NY, because WOaT deals with Missing Persons.

IMO, what would make perfect sense, and be quite fun would be to have had a crossover with Criminal Minds, because they do work on Serial Killer cases. I think it would have been fun for the NY team and the Criminal Minds BAU team to interact. I think that the interactions between Morgan and Danny in particular would have been great.

Alas, won't happen now....

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, except WOAT and all the CSIs are Bruckheimer shows. I don't believe Criminal Minds is... which makes it a little more difficult. I forgot about the other Danny. :lol:

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I guess because they take place in the same universe, it would be conceivable for that to happen, but not likely. I'm not a huge Without a Trace fan, but I think it'd be interesting, just like seeing Vegas crossing over with the show was. Who do you think would kick more ass- Mac or Jack? :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, Mac was a Marine, so... physically, I'd say him. However, Jack is a bit more of a hothead and a lot more unstable and unpredictable. :lol: That's why he's seeing a counselor cause he's lost it a couple of times with suspects. :lol: