Wild, Quirky Landmarks & Roadside Attractions

Funny how they are all american sites, as seeing this is quite a global discussion board, you couldnt provide us with..a global wild quirkly landmarks? :p

Bev, I like that big lobster and big prawn. What I can't find is a big pot of boiling water. Then use that big banana for a big banana split for dessert. (You might be able to tell that I haven't had dinner yet.)

Heck, with how expensive bananas were, we could've used the Big Banana to buy the entire world :lol:

Eh, New South Wales is boring...i don't think we have anything quirky here. Theres one on the Hume Highway on the way to Victoria, but I can't remember what it is *puts on thinking cap*

ice driven past the big banana and koala numerous times lol.

and carlz most of the 'big' landmarks are in NSW hehe

Really?...Well, it seems boring to me..I mean, I've lived here forever, and I've seen most of the "landmarks" so many times they don't seem really special anymore. But then again, I've never seen any of the 'big' things...but woah, thats a lot of big things...

I've only really been on 2 holidays to Melbourne and Brisbane, and we didn't really see anything other than the cliches. And that quirky one along the Hume Highway, but I can't remember what it is...ah, this is gonna bug me.

u talking bout the gate to melbourne? the red and yellow pole things? lol.

thats rather odd now i think about it.

ive lived in melb my whole life, but i never get bored of going to the G hehe, best sports ground in the world!

In Sweden when you drive to east from Stockholm..erm don't remember the road number but it goes thru Norrköping, Linköping and Jönköping. Don't remember which city of those (I don't know about Swedish history after they gave us to Russians) was "home of flighter planes" and by that road, you can see two planes from every decade put on concrete "poles".

So yeah, we had woman with us who explained what those are but otherwise you'd be like "wtf? Planes?"

Someoen cracked a joke "yeah, those are the only planes that Swedes have got up in the air" :lol:

We have lots of random landmarks in NZ, we are kind of a random country. Near where I live we have a Big Kiwi-fruit, over the hill in Paeroa they have a big L&P bottle (NZ soft drink, its world famous in nz...) There is also the Big Gumboot in Taihape (hmm town famous for gumboot throwing competition :eek: probably the most embarassing (they are all pretty embarassing) is the giant carrot in Ohakune - umm hello? Yes I can see many tourists braving one of the most boring towns on earth to see the Giant Carrot.
Here in Scotland there doesn't seem to be any big stuff, hmm a giant umbrella would be fitting me thinks.

i haven't gone out of the states yet, but i've been to the Corn Palace in South Dakota and my city has a truck on top of a silo...if thats interesting enough lol:p

Back