Why We love Miami!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by miamifan08, Oct 21, 2009.

1. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

After hanging around the boards for the last few weeks and reading everyone's posts, I've been very saddened to see massive complaining, "i hate this character!", "he has too much screen time", "he's being dumbed down", etc. And it had seem to have gotten worse since the eighth season started. It seems that all we do here now a days is complain on how tptb are shafting us and the characters we love. I think this should be a place where we can sit here and love CSI:Miami for what it is. Because I know behind the snarky comments and the complaining, there is something still that keeps you coming back to this show week after week, season after season.

I want to know what those are! This is a thread where all the love we have for this show can come out and express itself in a big love fest which I hope will help us appricate this show all the more! :)

Some rules for this thread:

1. No complaining: there's plenty of threads here to do that in! This is a place where you can express what you love about the show whenever it moves you.

2. No hateful, or character bashing comments: Again plenty places to do that here. We don't need to know why you hate this character...we wanna know why you love a character and why.

3. No ptb bashing!: this is a big one...like it or not, they have done something in the eight years you've been watching this show that you loved. Admit it! ;). We will embrace you if you say so.

I'm not sure if this thread is allowed, but I felt it was needed to bring us all back to where we started loving this show and continue to do so.

So let's stop the critizing and let's start the lovin!!! :)

I'll go first....Eveyone knows of my love of Jon/Ryan, but I do have a good reason for my love (besides that he's really pretty ;)). I started watching Miami in the middle of season four when Ryan was somewhat established on the team. I loved him from the start, because you saw right away that he was human and prone to human mistakes like the rest of us. You always wanna root for him to pull through (espeically in WISC). It was my love for Ryan Wolfe that got me to love the other characters and led me to rent the first three seasons and watch them from the beginning (Where I fell in love with Speedle).

Adding to this, Jonathan Togo is such an amazing actor! You can tell he enjoys doing what he does and I'm always hoping he gets some real meaty stuff to display that amazing acting ablity (like WISC). I hope he never leaves because he's one of the main reasons I watch this show from week to week. ;)

YAY for Ryan love!! :) Who's next?

2. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I came into Miami because of the character of Tim Speedle, and how much I loved his rough exterior hiding a heart of gold. Sure he gave the tough guy act more than once, but he was kind and compassionate at heart, always a guy to do the right thing. And it still saddens me that he passed away. I miss Speed so much!

Rory Cochrane carried the role of Speed so well, even to Speed's last moments, and even in those brief scenes as a mere hallucination in season 6, he was always on target, giving his best. Love you lots Rory!

Speedle's death had taken me off the Miami train, but it was the news of a new addition and Miami's premiere promo of going back to the beginning that drew me back into the show. I was curious to see how the team had formed and what the characters were like back then, and not to mention I had always been a sucker for Back-To-The-Beginning storylines.

So with a sense of curiosity in me, I sat down for the season 8 premiere, and lo and behold I was once again sucked back into a show that I had long ago lost touch with before and I was glad to return to now. The new character of Jesse Cardoza hooked me immediately from the first moment I saw him. Self-assured yet humble, confident but not cocky, sweet, decent, kind, and generous, and very much a team player, Jesse Cardoza presented a breath of fresh air and a sense of normalcy that Miami needed. Jesse was your average decent man who loves to help people and do his part for the team, and I was just glad to see someone so normal on Miami again!

Jesse has now become my favorite Still-Alive character, taking the special place once held by the late Tim Speedle. And it certainly doesn't hurt that he and Speed were good friends, or that Jesse reminds me alot of Speed, except Jesse has a much more softer side than Speed usually displayed.

Eddie Cibrian is an incredible actor who brings a gentle air of charm and charisma to the character of Jesse Cardoza, land I'm excited to see more of how he handles the character! I know Eddie will do just fine!

And finally, the new formation of the golden trio of Jesse (Die-Hard), Walter (Nightshift), and Ryan (Shorty) is becoming a new obessesion of mine!:p They are just way too cute for words! They act like brothers and it's so great to see the boys getting along!:lol:

3. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

the first episode I saw of Miami was Lost Son. grr... since I instantly loved Speed and then he was gone. I bought the previous seasons and loved the dynamic of the show. I really enjoy Emily Procter as Calleigh, if there was ever a reason I would want her to leave Miami would be if the West Wing was ever resurrected (which I hope for every night, by the way, lol) I didn't watch too much Miami in the recent seasons but when I heard about the flashback in the premiere, i decided i would watch and I fell back in love. It reminded me why I liked Miami in the first place and it introduced Jesse. I was skeptic about the next few episodes, thinking they would fall back into the routine that it had fallen into, but I've been really pleased this season. I've even enjoyed characters that I usually didn't enjoy. I look forward to Mondays now!

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

I started watching Miami in I believe season three and I instantly liked Ryan and he was the main reason I started watching Miami. I however lost touch with watching Miami the last two years do to working so much on Monday's and I just got back into the show again. Jesse is now another reason why I love this show again, and of course now the newly formed trio of Ryan, Jesse, and Walter makes me very happy and now this show has once again jumped back into my top favorite show list.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I love you for making this thread. :lol: You're right, we are complaining an awful lot (not excluding myself), so I love that there's a love thread! :lol:

I started watching because the first two storylines I saw were Marisol getting shot, and Eric getting shot, some time during the Summer between seasons 5 and 6. And the stories just caught my attention. Even though I didn't know who these characters were yet, I couldn't help but feel bad for them, which I think makes a good episode. When you can take someone who's never seen an episode of the show a day in their life, and completely suck them into the story, it's a very good thing.

The fact that's it's BRIGHT in Miami! :lol: For some reason this is a HUGE thing for me. I love how it takes place during the day, and the labs have big windows, and lights, and they're always showing off the fact that it's Miami (at least, in the show it's Miami ;) ). It's just so pretty, and I love that about it.

Ryan Wolfe. :lol: This had to come up, I'm a huge Ryan fan. I don't even know what it was that drew me to him in the first place. (Eric was actually my first Miami love :p). I think possibly it was the absence of Ryan in the beginning of season 6 when I first started watching full time. I hadn't paid much attention to him before that, because he was always there, but then suddenly he wasn't and all of a sudden I really cared what happened to this character I just ignored before. :lol:

Not to mention Jonathan Togo is an amazing actor. Just look at some of Ryan's major episodes (like Nailed and WISC). I mean whoa! You have to be a good actor to pull stuff like that off. (I actually can't remember any other characters having major bad things like this happen where they had to act that badly hurt. Not even when Eric got shot.) I will never stop saying that he deserves to be in movies...

This really doesn't have much to do with specific aspects of the show, but I've made a ton of friends just from joining forums like this one and others dedicated to CSI: Miami. Seriously, this show has to have some of the nicest and most awesome fans of anything out there and I've made friends with so many people here and other places that I hope I'll always keep in touch with. I talk regularly with a few people on MSN and I really hope to meet some of them someday. Even if all we ever do is talk online, I can tell we'll be life long friends. And I LOVE the show for giving me that!

I'm sure I'll be back to this thread sooner or later. :D

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Originally Speed was my favorite character, but I only watched the show every now and then because I think there was something else on at the time that I watched (can't remember for the life of me now what that was lol). Anyway, I started watching religiously when I found out Jonathan Togo (whom I adored from his days on Special Unit 2) was going to be a full time cast member. And there we go. I love Ryan. He was so sweet and innocent like when he first joined and we've just sort of watched him grow up. :)

I really am enjoying the Jesse and Walter characters too. And the trio of Jesse, Walter and Ryan is just the best thing ever. :lol: Die-Hard, Nightshift and Wolfeman. Best trio of friends ever. :lol: