Why does Heratio always call Ryan, MrWolfe & not just Ryan?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by AmyDavina, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmyDavina

AmyDavina Witness

I can't find this question anywhere else on here, but me and my mum have always wondered that whenever Heratio speaks to Ryan its always Mr.Wolfe. But when he speaks to the others he always just uses their first name.

Does anyone know why this is? Its been bugging me for ages! :) Or is is just because he's still fairly new to the team?

2. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Re: Why does Heratio always call Ryan, MrWolfe & not just R

My gues is bcause Ryan joined the team later then the others, after Speedle's death. He also calls Nathalia Miss Boa Vista and she came after Ryan. But for the record: Horatio also calls Calleigh 'mam' in Going under. He is just a polite kind of guy.

3. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

My guess is after losing Speed, he doesn't want to get too close to Ryan, afraid he'll be too affected if something happened, so he keeps distance by calling him mister Wolfe. I think he just doesn't want to get too close to both Ryan and Natalia. He did call Calleigh ma'am, but he doesn't call her Miss Duquesne, but Calleigh.

4. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I've heard him call Ryan & Natalia both by their first names a few times but more by their last name than anything. Never quite understood that myself. LOL

5. PungoXmyXdarling

PungoXmyXdarling Witness

I've heard him calling Natalia by her first name.. but not Ryan. I don't know why.

6. AmyDavina

AmyDavina Witness

My mum is just always asking me why its never Ryan, its always Mr.Wolfe
    Just something she picked on. But I can see peoples suggestions, with that its because he's still quite new and Heratio isn't wanting to get too attached to him, because of what happened to Speedle.

We will finally see the day, when Heratio just says Ryan :)

7. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I don't really know. He's never done it with Eric and Calleigh, or Speed before his death. Recently he's been calling Natalia 'Miss Boa Vista' too. Maybe it's the way he hazes newbies. :lol: Seriously, I have no idea, probably just another Horatio character quirk. :cool:

8. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Horatio did call Ryan 'Ryan' in Urban Hellraisers, but that was the only time. Oh, and if you have more questions Amy, we have a Miami questions thread, located here, so you can ask them there, then mods will probably lock this thread. ;)

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the link Dutchie. ;)

Also, if you're interested, AmyDavina, questions about Ryan could also be posed in the Ryan Thread, if you haven't already had the chance to look around in there. :)

And since we already have a question thread as mentioned, feel free to mosey on down over there if you have anymore questions. :)

~~Locked~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.